• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James O’Keefe Strikes Again

c
There is a reason that in most states you have to be living there at least 6 months to beligiblele to vote,

What states are those? In California, you have to be a resident for 15 days. And since this applies to conservatives and liberals, why are you assuming it somehow benefits liberals?

Doesn't even have to be 15 days -

New state residents
If you meet all the other requirements to vote in California but become a California resident less than 15 days before the next election, you may still be able to register and vote. To do this, you must visit your county elections office at least seven days before Election Day. You will be required to sign an oath saying you are eligible to vote in California and have not voted in the same election in any other state. Then you may vote only for President and Vice President.

Registering to Vote - New Voter - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State

And again - you saw that - right? have not voted in the same election in any other state. So she sent someone to register, but warned they had to pass the requirements which included not voting in any other state (I'm assuming colorado has the same rules)

if the voter lies, that's up to the voter. i.e. O'Keefe.

What that video DID prove is that there are some people working in election campaigning who condone voter fraud...whether consciously or through ignorance.

Agreed. I am sure are some peppered all over the country. But you know that the purpose of this video was to point the finger at Democrats rather than a generality.

Agreed. I am sure are some peppered all over the country. But you know that the purpose of this video was to point the finger at Democrats rather than a generality.

I think O'Keefe's purpose was to expose the dangers of Colorado's mail-in ballot system.

To be sure, he targeted Democratic/liberal organizations. That's what he does. But that shouldn't lessen concern about the dangers of our system. If it really bothers you...or anyone...that O'Keefe targets Democrats, then one of you should target Republicans. I'm certain you can find similar examples. From my point of view, that would be a good thing because it would only increase awareness of the problems with our law.

So...instead of complaining about O'Keefe, help him.

I think O'Keefe's purpose was to expose the dangers of Colorado's mail-in ballot system.

To be sure, he targeted Democratic/liberal organizations. That's what he does. But that shouldn't lessen concern about the dangers of our system. If it really bothers you...or anyone...that O'Keefe targets Democrats, then one of you should target Republicans. I'm certain you can find similar examples. From my point of view, that would be a good thing because it would only increase awareness of the problems with our law.

So...instead of complaining about O'Keefe, help him.

James O'Keefe is not concerned with voter fraud. What he is most concerned about is making sure the Dems do not get in next election.

James O'Keefe is not concerned with voter fraud. What he is most concerned about is making sure the Dems do not get in next election.

I really don't see how you can make a statement like that with a straight face...unless you are just completely consumed by biased partisanship.

I really don't see how you can make a statement like that with a straight face...unless you are just completely consumed by biased partisanship.

You don't see it because you're completely consumed by biased partisanship. If you think his attack on ACORN and multiple Dem 'voter fraud' stings have nothing in common with each other then you are either not very observant or blinder than Stevie Wonder. To think that O'Keefe is not motivated by partisanship is laughable at best.

You don't see it because you're completely consumed by biased partisanship. If you think his attack on ACORN and multiple Dem 'voter fraud' stings have nothing in common with each other then you are either not very observant or blinder than Stevie Wonder. To think that O'Keefe is not motivated by partisanship is laughable at best.

shrug...

And yet, you seem to insist that O'Keefe's motivation somehow matters.

Tell me, does his motivation alter the fact that 3 people who are active in political campaigning supported...even abetted...a person's desire to commit voter fraud? Or...maybe you think the only reason those people hold their attitudes is because he came along and stuck a camera in their face?

Tell me...will you EVER hold a person responsible for their words and actions...without trying to find some way to excuse or minimize their words and actions?

"Yeah...I know I told him it would be a cool idea to vote, using ballots that don't belong to me...heck I even told him where he could find the ballots. But it's not my fault because he came up to me and asked me about it. It's not my fault because he had a camera on me. It's not my fault..."

Back
Top Bottom