• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?

Is it also a ridiculous ascertain that the rest of the worlds economies are causing inflation in America?
Did you even think about that before you posted it?

Lol, it's so crazy that a tiny US minimum wage increase caused the entire world to face an inflation crisis. If only we had listened to you!

The MARKET raised the minimum wage in my neck of the woods... Hell, QSR's can't even find enough workers at $15/hour..

Liberals: So, conservatives, our free-spending policies may have created the most severe inflationary period in over 40 years, but what are you going to do about it?
NatMorton: Look, I just made something up and pretended Liberals were saying it.

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

Your source link includes (chart) data showing inflation rates from late 2019 and early 2020, yet the article‘s title says 2022. For example: it shows the US inflation rate at 1.5% and 1.7%, which is far below (current) 2022 inflation rates.

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

At this point, it isnt OUR problem

It is YOURS

And come November, the voters will weigh in as to how important they feel it is

Why would we give you answers to your problems?

I dont remember anyone from the progressives/liberals/democrats trying to throw the GOP a lifeline during Trump's tenure

At this point, it isnt OUR problem

It is YOURS

And come November, the voters will weigh in as to how important they feel it is

Why would we give you answers to your problems?

I dont remember anyone from the progressives/liberals/democrats trying to throw the GOP a lifeline during Trump's tenure

Let's say both the house and senate are under GQP control after November... What exactly do you think they will do change the economy?

So what caused the inflation and the recession in the US?
It started when the entire world conspired to oust Trump from office and went from there.

NOBODY, blaming an American president or a party for global inflation is worth anything but mocking for their stupidity
its a perfect example of batshit insane nutters suckling off the Donnie teet of misinformation like good little sheep and their false narrative fills nobody honest educated and objective fight left and center

hell look right here at DP at the posters that do it, its the worst of the worst nutters and liars that nobody take seriously

NOBODY, blaming an American president or a party for global inflation is worth anything but mocking for their stupidity
its a perfect example of batshit insane nutters suckling off the Donnie teet of misinformation like good little sheep and their false narrative fills nobody honest educated and objective fight left and center

hell look right here at DP at the posters that do it, its the worst of the worst nutters and liars that nobody take seriously

It's pretty amusing (and dizzying) how quickly the GQP jumps from wanting a free economy to a command economy based on the latest stock market close...

Folks, if you can't agree Biden's policies helped fuel inflation, can you at least acknowledge his team botched the situation when they argued for months that the early signs we all saw represented only "temporary inflation?"

So what caused the inflation and the recession in the US?
The same factors that caused the inflation in every other country on earth. Global supply of goods dropped radically due to a global pandemic. Your assertion that a modest minimum wage increase in the US did all this is unfounded and unsupported.

No, more like FED, BIDEN, FED, BIDEN, FED, BIDEN, FED, BIDEN, FED, BIDEN, FED, BIDEN, ...
Wow, it's totally amazing that a sitting US president's domestic policies can cause a global inflation crisis in every country on earth. What power!

The same factors that caused the inflation in every other country on earth. Global supply of goods dropped radically due to a global pandemic. Your assertion that a modest minimum wage increase in the US did all this is unfounded and unsupported.

Wow, it's totally amazing that a sitting US president's domestic policies can cause a global inflation crisis in every country on earth. What power!
Never said Biden caused global inflation. I said his policies made inflation here worse, and they did.

Folks, if you can't agree Biden's policies helped fuel inflation, can you at least acknowledge his team botched the situation when they argued for months that the early signs we all saw represented only "temporary inflation?"
His team? What team? The Fed?

They don't work for him

Since energy is a large component of the inflationary pressures right now, should we return the ban on oil exports that was listed after 40 years? You know, the one the GQP and oil industry assured us we had to remove to open our energy markets to the global energy markets.

Back
Top Bottom