• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

The Republican solution to this would be the solution they use for every economic problem they encounter: give more money to the upper class in the hopes a few drops tinkle down on the rest of us.

These people are whiners that do not have real solutions. It's like how Republicans lambasted the ACA and Medicare, but dont have a solution for healthcare themselves. 4 years of promises under Trump and we didn't even see a one page proposal.

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

You don't get to pretend that this outcome was unavoidable when the right warned everyone this is where we were headed and the left choose to ignore those warnings and mock those those who have been ringing the alarm.

The left made this mess and now they need to sit down and shut up while the adults clean up their mess. Except they won't. They will fight what needs to done, tooth and nail, every step of the way.

Step 1cis to identify root cause of this inflation.

Most agree, it's two fold...wages for low earners have quickly increased, which has increased operating costs. I'd say that likely accounts for 25% of the currently inflated prices. The other 75% is because production is struggling to keep pace with demand.

Why? Well, a couple reasons. Reason 1, people saved their disposable income for a full year, some for 2. Now they're looking to spend it. Business downsized their labor to align with poor performance the past 2 years, and like the flipping of a light switch, they're expected to ramp up. But hiring, and then training, decent staff, ain't quick and easy.

Then, layer in that a LOT of potential workers...now value themselves more than some of the low level jobs our industries need yo be back at full production. They don't want those jobs. At least, not for 15-18 per hour hour. Remember #essential?

The solution to this...is in some ways out of governments hands, unless they want to be like Reagan crushing unions...but this time, instead of unions, imposing their will on companies, and specifically, their pay structures.

Don't forget, executive pay is still growing exponentially. Far exceeding inflation year over year, as a percent increase. And everybody, including those would be vital workers, knows it.

The extremely wealthy are in many ways causing this mess, and they're the ones best equipped to fix it. The question is, are we OK with having uncle Sam step in and forcing them to fix it.

You don't get to pretend that this outcome was unavoidable when the right warned everyone this is where we were headed and the left choose to ignore those warnings and mock those those who have been ringing the alarm.

The left made this mess and now they need to sit down and shut up while the adults clean up their mess. Except they won't. They will fight what needs to done, tooth and nail, every step of the way.
You mean like tRump's massive deficit spending and give-aways to the wealthy?

I would agree these things were the driving force driving up inflation. And then his emboldening Putin for four years leading to his savage invasion of Ukraine set up massive spirals in energy costs.

I think you're on to something here.

Please explain how US liberals caused inflation to skyrocket in every country on earth. You can't because you know that's a ridiculous assertion. Point to a specific US liberal policy that made, for instance, inflation in Germany skyrocket.

You mean like tRump's massive deficit spending and give-aways to the wealthy?

I would agree these things were the driving force driving up inflation. And then his emboldening Putin for four years leading to his savage invasion of Ukraine set up massive spirals in energy costs.

I think you're on to something here.
Trump absolutely spent too much money for my liking and it was my single biggest disappointment in his leadership. He should of twisted Congress's arms more and got spending cuts.

That being said, it was not Trump who caused the inflation or the recession we are drowning in.

Please explain how US liberals caused inflation to skyrocket in every country on earth. You can't because you know that's a ridiculous assertion. Point to a specific US liberal policy that made, for instance, inflation in Germany skyrocket.
Is it also a ridiculous ascertain that the rest of the worlds economies are causing inflation in America?

Is it also a ridiculous ascertain that the rest of the worlds economies are causing inflation in America?
That's not what you claimed. You claimed US liberal policies (I. E. Joe Biden because congress has been in partisan gridlock for years) caused the inflation we're experiencing. I asked you WHAT SPECIFIC POLICIES caused this inflation, and how did it happen simultaneously to every country on earth, many countries having even higher inflation than us?

I'm just asking you to defend your statement. Draw a link between US liberal policies and inflation in Timbuktu.

Trump absolutely spent too much money for my liking and it was my single biggest disappointment in his leadership. He should of twisted Congress's arms more and got spending cuts.

That being said, it was not Trump who caused the inflation or the recession we are drowning in.

Are you under the impression the effect of Trump's spending ended on January 20, 2021?

Are you under the impression the effect of Trump's spending ended on January 20, 2021?
What I find hilarious is Republicans switched from "This economy is amazing and we're doing great!" to "The economy is terrible and we're in a recession!" before Joe Biden even entered office. Their claim was purely the election of Joe Biden caused the world markets to destabilize.

What I find hilarious is Republicans switched from "This economy is amazing and we're doing great!" to "The economy is terrible and we're in a recession!" before Joe Biden even entered office. Their claim was purely the election of Joe Biden caused the world markets to destabilize.

It's pretty amazing in it's ignorance...

That's not what you claimed. You claimed US liberal policies (I. E. Joe Biden because congress has been in partisan gridlock for years) caused the inflation we're experiencing. I asked you WHAT SPECIFIC POLICIES caused this inflation, and how did it happen simultaneously to every country on earth, many countries having even higher inflation than us?

I'm just asking you to defend your statement. Draw a link between US liberal policies and inflation in Timbuktu.
And you responded by comparing it to other economies around the world.

The rights position was to end the lock down and the left refused.

The rights position has been to continue to expand its portion of the energy market while the lefts position has been to shrink it.

The rights position has been to expand domestic manufacturing while the lefts position has been to reduce it.

The right has been trying to slow the flood of low wage labor that it's being flooded with while the left embraced it

The right opposed raising minimum wage while the left pushed for it.

The left spends massive amounts of money on things that do not stimulate the economy.

Your turn...

The rights position has been to continue to expand its portion of the energy market while the lefts position has been to shrink it.

The rights position has been to expand domestic manufacturing while the lefts position has been to reduce it.

The right has been trying to slow the flood of low wage labor that it's being flooded with while the left embraced it

The left spends massive amounts of money on things that do not stimulate the economy.

Your turn...
No, you didn't explain how the inflation crisis the entire world is experiencing is somehow US liberals fault.

Let's take your examples. If US minimum wage, US domestic manufacturing, US government spending and US lock downs are the sources of our inflation, why is everybody else experiencing the same inflation, often worse? How does that explain the global inflation crisis the entire world is experiencing? Is your claim that its all a big coincidence? Are you refusing to draw the link for us?

I would cut taxes on the people in the higher income brackets and cut corporate taxes. These are the suppliers, so this would increase supply. Also, it is well known that these kind of tax cuts produce economic growth which in turn produces more tax revenue.

LMAO... No shit, global markets are like that...

Bullshit.. GOVERNORS are the ONLY political position with the power to lock down a state...

How has the Biden administration shrunk the energy market?

Yet they didn't do shit to expand domestic manufacturing despite all the talk... Biden has...

LMAO.... How does low cost labor INCREASE inflation? I gotta here this...

LMAO... In the sentence above you are bitching about low cost labor... Does low cost labor increase or decrease inflation?

Your turn...

You have definitely swallowed the GQP bullshit.. Give us some examples of the massive spending that does not stimulate the economy?

L
I would cut taxes on the people in the higher income brackets and cut corporate taxes. These are the suppliers, so this would increase supply. Also, it is well known that these kind of tax cuts produce economic growth which in turn produces more tax revenue.
Lol, thank you for confirming my claim in post #2. The only solution you guys would be able to come up with is give rich people more money in the hopes a few drops make it to the rest of us. Childish, simplistic solutions for simple minds.

LMAO.. How about this... cut taxes on the people in the higher income brackets and cut corporate taxes for two years, if we don't see the effects you claim then tax rates on corporations and people in higher income brackets double for five years... We can call it the 2022 Put Up or Shut Up Tax Plan... Deal?

Nice speech, but.........

The OP asked

- OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?​

Care to answer THAT question or would you prefer to make another speech? :rolleyes:

No, you didn't explain how the inflation crisis the entire world is experiencing is somehow US liberals fault.

Let's take your examples. If US minimum wage, US domestic manufacturing, US government spending and US lock downs are the sources of our inflation, why is everybody else experiencing the same inflation, often worse? How does that explain the global inflation crisis the entire world is experiencing? Is your claim that its all a big coincidence? Are you refusing to draw the link for us?
No it's not a coincidence our economies are connected by a global market. I find it interesting that you think other countries economies can have an effect on ours while ignoring that when our economy failures it negatively impacts those economies as well.

That however is only a partial explanation and overlooks the damage they did to themselves and the self inflicted damage we caused by these lockdowns.

This "trickle down" shit is like a zombie. Just when you thought it was dead....

Back
Top Bottom