• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?

The Republican solution to this would be the solution they use for every economic problem they encounter: give more money to the upper class in the hopes a few drops tinkle down on the rest of us.

These people are whiners that do not have real solutions. It's like how Republicans lambasted the ACA and Medicare, but dont have a solution for healthcare themselves. 4 years of promises under Trump and we didn't even see a one page proposal.

Your crap gets deeper with every post.

We've seen what your party has done in 2 years.

You have everyone paying out the ass just for basic essentials.

You ****ed the single moms of America.

Um, covid "lockdowns" caused demand to decline, which resulted in dis-inflation, the opposite of inflation. Further, people, all on their own, prior to any US guv ordering covid "lockdowns" were cutting back on spending, primarily restaurants and travel. The declines in spending were happening without "lockdowns". And again, for those that can't remember, the "lockdowns" were put in place to.....wait for it.....keep our medical systems from being overwhelmed. You, like Lt Guv Dan Patrick apparently wanted more deaths AND a medical system collapse.
Nothing to worry about the Democrat caused inflation is transitory. Ignore your grocery bill.

Inflation is causing increased consumer pricing.
Hurr durr.
His attempt was to place blame for a recovering economy, that has supply constraints, that has resulted in inflation, at the feet of "dems".

News flash...."dems" did not cause supply chain issues, did not exacerbate covid effects nor cause Putin to invade Ukraine.

But I guess yer right, it is too complex for your sort.....so dumber it down....
hurr durr!

2no4gt.jpg

What is causing it, do tell.
Not President Biden.

Easiest explanation is the global shift from zero demand to high demand while at the same time having limited supply globally.

Um, there is an economic POLICY referred to as "trickle-down", that has been recognized even before the Hoover admin tried to use it. But yer right, no macroeconomist recognizes that policy as a legit theory.
Well one thing we known. It -does—not-work

LMAO.. there are probably some out there who believe this bullshit..

LMAO.. there are probably some out there who believe this bullshit..
maybe you should actually try some critical analysis before reading facebook memes and robert Reich/Bernie Sander/AOC gibberish demonstrating how little you actually know.
Here's a good place to start.
learned histories of economic theories, including J.A. Schumpeter’s monumental 1,260-page History of Economic Analysis. Yet this 2 “Trickle Down” Theory and “Tax Cuts for the Rich” non-existent theory* has become the object of denunciations from the pages of the New York Times and the Washington Post to the political arena. It has been attacked by Professor Paul Krugman of Princeton and Professor Peter Corning of Stanford, among others, and similar attacks have been repeated as far away as India.2 It is a classic example of arguing against a caricature instead of confronting the argument actually made

Just a Canadian perspective, so no need to shoot the messenger, but here it is:

I would still like the Righties on here to actually ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION instead of lamenting about what the Dems did wrong or that it is all Biden's fault.

"I would still like the Righties on here to actually ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION instead of lamenting about what the Dems did wrong or that it is all Biden's fault."

Not only this question, but all of them.
What we've seen is the right stomp & storm and blame Biden for everything from Trump's high golf scores, to hurricane Ian and bad hair. For **** sakes people, enough is enough.

If you're so goddamned smart where are your solutions? What would Trump do? (That's scary as shit...he LOVES Putin!)

Biden's inflation?

Try WORLD WIDE INFLATION! Aggravated by a WAR caused by the yearnings of a strong man who Trump thinks is a GREAT man.

What is your answer. How would the "right" fix this inflation? Dubya or Reagan style?

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

Figure out how to cancel Biden's billions in spending and recoup as much as possible.

No, just most economists.

Reality, you may have noticed, doesn't care whether you believe it or not.
Riiiiiiight . They belive all these companies colluded to jack prices
For no other reason but pure greed. ( do you have any idea how foolish you sound)

Riiiiiiight . They belive all these companies colluded to jack prices
For no other reason but pure greed. ( do you have any idea how foolish you sound)
As previously noted, reality doesn't care how you feel about it.

You know at first I thought Trump might just do a good job with the pandemic, I had yet to see him handle any kind of disaster but, I didn't realize he'd cave to the GOP and his screaming anti-mask, anti-protection base like he did.
At first, he was doing alright, I thought man, this guy might not be so bad, boy was I wrong! He caved like a house of cards and turned into a loser in 5 seconds. He started acting just like his looney extremist Q Anon freaky base. Holding rallies against protection measures states had in place, condoning kidnapping a governor over protections, just looney toon shit.

That's why he lost. He lost because of his looney base. He probably would have easily won his 2nd term if he wasn't such an idiot and followed the loons.

That said, if we never locked down, and let people just go out and die to their heart's content, businesses would have failed anyway and more people would be packed up in trucks dead on the street. Hospitals wouldn't have functioned. Why? Because nobody was going out during a ****ing pandemic. It's not rocket science. It's human nature.

What should have been done was locking down, and mandating protection so people felt safe going out. Why are Republicans so ****ing stupid. It was a pandemic. It wouldn't have mattered if we were locked down or not, nobody would work or shop anywhere but from home.

That's a big deal, and it will take more than a year to recover from that. It affected the entire world, and liberals had NOTHING to do with it.

tRump's wildly irresponsible deficit spending and give-aways to the rich have a great deal to do with the problems we're facing and Biden is doing a masterful job of leading us out of this problem.

It didn't all go to the rich.

There was also his pointless trade war with China, costing US farmers greatly, resulting in his giving tens of billions a year to them.

Not my job to do research for you, so you might want to do more than search for gifs.
When you make claims you should be able to back them. If you can't then you don't know what you are talking about and your claims can be disregarded.

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

"Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?"​

FIRE President BIDEN - as he is the one responsible for this God damn mess. Under President Trump, the inflation rate never rose >2% and was usually ~1.5% every month for 48 months straight.

That is the only answer because no matter what answer that I or any other republican provides, democrats will instantly dismiss it.

I'd bet that former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker under President Ronald Reagan has some ideas. He pulled us out of the huge economic mess the last time the democrats voted in a true died-in-the-woods jackass as president, although Biden is definitely proving to be much, much worse than Carter ever was.

At least Carter was a patriotic religious American with some morals who did not trash all things American (as well as the entire white American population) like Biden constantly does. Carter did not dare tell parents it was OK to commit gross child abuse by consenting to unnecessary sex-change surgery for every kid in the country; nor did Carter ever tell parents NOT to get involved in their own children's education, as Biden does because he thinks that parents doing so will make the kids question the programming of the depraved, decadent, and demoralizing democrat cult ideology by teachers as well as the CRT bullshit and the rewriting of US History.

Biden is one sick pup.

"Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?"​

FIRE President BIDEN - as he is the one responsible for this God damn mess. Under President Trump, the inflation rate never rose >2% and was usually ~1.5% every month for 48 months straight.

That is the only answer because no matter what answer that I or any other republican provides, democrats will instantly dismiss it.

I'd bet that former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker under President Ronald Reagan has some ideas. He pulled us out of the huge economic mess the last time the democrats voted in a true died-in-the-woods jackass as president, although Biden is definitely proving to be much, much worse than Carter ever was.

At least Carter was a patriotic religious American with some morals who did not trash all things American (as well as the entire white American population) like Biden constantly does. Carter did not dare tell parents it was OK to commit gross child abuse by consenting to unnecessary sex-change surgery for every kid in the country; nor did Carter ever tell parents NOT to get involved in their own children's education, as Biden does because he thinks that parents doing so will make the kids question the programming of the depraved, decadent, and demoralizing democrat cult ideology by teachers as well as the CRT bullshit and the rewriting of US History.

Biden is one sick pup.
Your post is so full of distortions, inaccuracies and flat-out delusions, I'd suggest treatment. Biden has never demonized white people, is not, and never has, encouraged transgender conversions, etc, etc.

He's a deeply religious man (something I don't see as a plus) so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

Get help.

It didn't all go to the rich.

There was also his pointless trade war with China, costing US farmers greatly, resulting in his giving tens of billions a year to them.

Umm..... you are aware that the "...pointless trade war with China.... costing farmers.... resulting in his [President Trump] tens of billions...." has been kept in place by Biden, right?

From your own commie-propaganda US state-run 'news' source -

That is from 1-26-2022 -- I didn't bother doing more work to help you out by looking to see if it has been changed since then, but as of the date of that news piece by cnn, Biden kept all in place for his entire first year in office - and likely much more.

UPDATE: Search Google - Tariffs still in place as of late July 2022.

Biden likes the money too much that he rakes in and diverts to his billionaire friends like Soros.

When you make claims you should be able to back them. If you can't then you don't know what you are talking about and your claims can be disregarded.
Sorry to break this to you, but I don't much care whether you believe me or not. It's been my observation that you're excessively partisan and would never acknowledge a point that refutes one of your policy views. So by all means, "disregard" what I say. It doesn't bother me and, truth be told, your irrational resistance to it only helps my argument with those who are more open minded.

Back
Top Bottom