• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

I'm not a person on the left, but I'm definitely better than violent insurrectionists. I'm also better than apologists for a violent insurrection.

Also better than apologists for a POTUS who extorted an ally in order to get help cheating a presidential election.

So, yeah, I'm better than deplorables... almost all of them.
This entire excercise amounts to you looking for reasons to think of yourself as better than others.

This entire excercise amounts to you looking for reasons to think of yourself as better than others.
Sure. You don't think yourself better than child-rapists.

If you did, it would just be an exercise of you looking for reasons to think of yourself as better than child-rapists.

Yeah. No.

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

So why? What is the attraction?

This two-minute eighteen second clip from 1957 seems to fill in the blanks pretty well.
"A FACE IN THE CROWD", starring Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal.

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

At the beginning, I could kinda understand the allure. People were sick of the same ole, same ole. But the shiny wore off quickly. I've thought about it myself, and cannot figure out how anyone could believe a word out of his mouth.

I hope you've apologized to all Americans for that vote. Look what you did to us!
Low unemployment, including minorities, booming economy and stock market, low inflation, record household incomes, most major economic indicators skyrocketing, rapid recovery from Pandemic recession, inflation < 2%.. Yeah it was horrible. :rolleyes:

Low unemployment, including minorities, booming economy and stock market, low inflation, record household incomes, most major economic indicators skyrocketing, rapid recovery from Pandemic recession, inflation < 2%.. Yeah it was horrible. :rolleyes:
Rapid recovery from pandemic recession, uh huh, sure, by easter the economy will be booming. He inherited a healthy economy from obama, created zero new jobs by the time his term ended and did his fair share to raise the debt.

Hey, I was there. Trump was a complete disaster to the country and to the world.

Heck, the guy killed a couple hundred thousand innocent Americans, and you still think he was cool beans?

SLOW DOWN THE TESTING! Take off those masks! Let's have a superspreader and knock off that Herman Cain guy!

As a person, he is a trainwreck.

But-- he doesn't accept the status quo. He fights back.

Hey, I was there. Trump was a complete disaster to the country and to the world.

Heck, the guy killed a couple hundred thousand innocent Americans, and you still think he was cool beans?

SLOW DOWN THE TESTING! Take off those masks! Let's have a superspreader and knock off that Herman Cain guy!
You're, not surprisingly, echoing the party line of the antiTrumpanoids. Your superiors must be proud.

He is the status quo. Are you a billionaire like he says he is? Do you live in a place like mar-a-lago, have your own jet plane. If you answered no to any of those questions you are doing a wonderful job of deceiving yourself.

Anyone who thinks any media outlet never tells a lie is naive.
We'd have to define 'a lie' first. Then we'd have to decide who is the ultimate judge of whether someone lied or didn't lie.

It gets mushy otherwise.

Rapid recovery from pandemic recession, uh huh, sure, by easter the economy will be booming. He inherited a healthy economy from obama, created zero new jobs by the time his term ended and did his fair share to raise the debt.
A "healthy economy" from Obama. Not reading. A piddling GMT of 1.6.%, sagging markets. Take a look at the stock markets' react to Trump's election:

2016 DJIA.png

Notice that prominent jump in early November - Election Day. And that upward movement continued throughout his term until the Pandemic. It caused briefly and then started another surge until early in Biden's term and has never made it back.

Ted Bundy didn't accept the status quo either. I'm not sure it's always a good thing to reject the status quo.

You're, not surprisingly, echoing the party line of the antiTrumpanoids. Your superiors must be proud.
You just hate them! You just hate the antiTrumpanoids!!

Your superiors must be proud.

You’re, not surprisingly, echoing the MAGA party line. Don Jr. must be proud. (Eric not so much; he expects more from you.)
Qhwn you guys got squat for rejoinder you all trot on the idiotic "MAGA" chant your dear leader taught you. I guess we could call Biden's plan "TATA" - Turn America Totalitarian Again.

Notice that prominent jump in early November - Election Day. And that upward movement continued throughout his term until the Pandemic. It caused briefly and then started another surge until early in Biden's term and has never made it back.
Yeah, the fatcats knew he would destroy regulation and give them their tax money back.

What's not to like?

Qhwn you guys got squat for rejoinder you all trot on the idiotic "MAGA" chant your dear leader taught you.
Uh... you just used the term 'antiTrumpanoids'.

Talk about an idiotic chant your dear leader taught you.

Qhwn you guys got squat for rejoinder you all trot on the idiotic "MAGA" chant your dear leader taught you. I guess we could call Biden's plan "FOAA" -F**k over America Again.
Don Jr. likes this as well, but you’ll need to improve significantly on your MAGA to garner attention from Eric. Donating heavily to the campaign would be a good place to start; I assume you’re already a regular contributor but let’s be honest, you’re really not defending the conservative cause unless a solid 20% of your net worth has been pledged to Mar-a-Lago. Trump Force One costs money to fly, you know…

You just hate them! You just hate the antiTrumpanoids!!

Your superiors must be proud.
Great response. I'm in awe of your creativity and originality.

Back
Top Bottom