• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

So why? What is the attraction?

He is the only person with the backbone and the fortitude to fight against the evils of the Democrat-controlled "left," (a massive corrupt cabal that has infiltrated every corner of society which is bent on destroying the United States, ending white Christian culture, and indoctrinating their children for sexual purposes,) rather than rolling over and submitting to them for personal profit like the other weak elitist Republicans do.

To understand the motives of MAGA, all you have to do is listen to them and the propaganda and conspiracy theories they are being spoon fed by those profiting off of their naivete.

Last edited:

Trump plays the schoolyard hate filled bully role to perfection which is fairly common mentality for those who flock to him, and when needed Trump can also play the persecuted victim role drawing sympathy from the same audience.

Our issue is how good he is with this to the point of convincing people to throw their lives away at his alter. And Trump has a lifetime of history of very damaged people in his wake.

He's just like them. Angry and slashing through the elites.

The rancid public behavior is just icing on the cake. All bigtime wrasslin stars do that.

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

The answer is simple: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/agenda

btw, that's also why so many hate him. He's a threat to them.

He cultivated the mis-perception that, as a non-career politician, he was an "outsider". This appeals very strongly to those who convince themselves that our government is corrupt to the core - a swamp of insiders whose policies grow themselves in power and money at the expense of the US taxpayer. The fact that he himself knew nothing about how our government is really run - demonstrated time and time again by his actions, his in-actions, and his own words - was misinterpreted by his cult as shaking up the establishment and "draining the swamp".

Of course we now know not only that he did nothing of the sort, but by his breathtaking emoluments clause violations, he set himself up as the biggest alligator in the swamp, directly capitalizing on his position in office in every imaginable manner. Despite his blatant profiteering, his cult remains in denial, refusing to believe the mountain of evidence that condemns their savior.

He cultivated the mis-perception that, as a non-career politician, he was an "outsider". This appeals very strongly to those who convince themselves that our government is corrupt to the core - a swamp of insiders whose policies grow themselves in power and money at the expense of the US taxpayer. The fact that he himself knew nothing about how our government is really run - demonstrated time and time again by his actions, his in-actions, and his own words - was misinterpreted by his cult as shaking up the establishment and "draining the swamp".

Of course we now know not only that he did nothing of the sort, but by his breathtaking emoluments clause violations, he set himself up as the biggest alligator in the swamp, directly capitalizing on his position in office in every imaginable manner. Despite his blatant profiteering, his cult remains in denial, refusing to believe the mountain of evidence that condemns their savior.
Well said. I am still trying to work out how billionaire trump is not an elitist?

It has been explained many times on these boards since the 2016 election. Libruls like yourself are just too into hatred of Trump to listen.
The attaction is that he effectively tapped into a grass roots conservative movement started by the Tea Party in 2010. That same movement in 2010 gave republicans control of the majority of state legislatures as well as control of the House of Reps. The republican party after Reagan left office became the RINO party which instead of representing conservatives became librul lite.
Congress holds the purse strings. It's a bit silly to claim Trump ran up the debt. The pathological liar claim is cuckoo for cocoa puffs. And I would not call 2022 a loss. If anything it was a split. The GOP took the House and the democrats kept the Senate. And the democrats should have done much better in 2020. The republicans nearly took the House then. As for being looked at from law enforcement, it's not really law enforcement that looking at him, it's politicians with connections to the court system initiating witch hunts. If he is indicted, it will likely be over the Stormy Daniels nonsense and they have been going after him since 2016 on that one.

I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?
1. Such as his trying to secure the border. Hear tell (yes, from FOX) that the thousands upon thousands of unauthorized migrants are overwhelming the border agents and causing chaos for people living along the border.

a. The woke proponents of this chaos could not less about the agents or the civilians who have to deal with this craziness.

2. Such as his trying to stop the madness of violence in our cities. He offered to send help to Chicago, for example, but of course was ignored. He tried to stop the attacks on federal offices in some West Coast states but was ignored.

3. Such as his trying to get the Dem media to stop lying. But they continued to do so, especially about the Russians helping him to get elected.

I personally do not like his personality. He completely lacks a sense of humor, so he refused to attend the Washington Correspondents' annual dinner. (Hear tell, the current Oval Office occupant will attend. Should be a lot of fun!)

4. Such as his refusing to join in with woke Dems and shed buckets of tears for certain groups. This is 2023. ALL Americans now have equal opportunities, and some even have special opportunities. Because he has refused to constantly cry about the past, the woke Dems really, really, really hate him.

Crooked Donnie is a real hero to many.

Her0 0f the St00pid™.

3. Such as his trying to get the Dem media to stop lying.
1) There is no Dem media and 2) The Dem media has never told a single lie.

Unlike... you know... the Pub media.

In Trump's misguided, narcissistic, power hungry world: 👇

BIG IDEAS, BOLD AMBITIONS AND DARING DREAMS FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE​

equals inciting useful idiots into perpetrating an insurrection against the U.S. Government and it's citizens, and attempting to intervene in the peaceful transfer of power from a twice-impeached, defeated POTUS to a duly POTUS-Elect.

He allows them to be victims of whatever makes them feel like one. For many it is white greivence and others see someone getting something they brlieve they should have, but in the end, trump says to them "you are a victim and I am the only one who can stop it".

It has been explained many times on these boards since the 2016 election. Libruls like yourself are just too into hatred of Trump to listen.

The attaction is that he effectively tapped into a grass roots conservative movement started by the Tea Party in 2010. That same movement in 2010 gave republicans control of the majority of state legislatures as well as control of the House of Reps. The republican party after Reagan left office became the RINO party which instead of representing conservatives became librul lite.

Congress holds the purse strings. It's a bit silly to claim Trump ran up the debt. The pathological liar claim is cuckoo for cocoa puffs. And I would not call 2022 a loss. If anything it was a split. The GOP took the House and the democrats kept the Senate. And the democrats should have done much better in 2020. The republicans nearly took the House then. As for being looked at from law enforcement, it's not really law enforcement that looking at him, it's politicians with connections to the court system initiating witch hunts. If he is indicted, it will likely be over the Stormy Daniels nonsense and they have been going after him since 2016 on that one.

See post #15 please Good Sir*

I'd like to know, especially after his I am your retribution speech. The way he said it was particularly interesting, like a mousey little whiner. Who would say it like that? I thought he was trying to project strength.

:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Last edited:

But, that's all he is. Again, he's all about allowing people stick their thumbs in the eyes of their betters who are usually people who are in the way of his obstructing justice.

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?​

He's only attractive to his base of ignorant deplorables, every other sane, mature, Patriotic American is repulsed by him, and wants him to be held accountable for all his actions, including inciting a deadly insurrection against our government and lawmakers on January 6, 2021. He is only attractive to those traitors and cowards who share his personality traits and ideals....as follows.

White Supremacist
White Nationalist
Anti-American
Adores and serves Dictators
Anti-Democracy
Lawless
Habitual Liar
Bully
Sore Loser
Ignorant
Sexist
Hypocrite
Selfish
Heartless
Homophobic
Dictator Wannabe
Cowardly
Immature
Spoiled
Useless
Conman
Traitor
...too many to list here.

These are just some characteristics he shares with his angry, white, hateful, delusional base of deplorables. The Trump Cult Party, The Trump Klan Party, The GQP, call it what you may. If trumpism lives, Democracy dies.

FkuBRMl_vQvxSeL3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom