• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

But, that's all he is. Again, he's all about allowing people stick their thumbs in the eyes of their betters who are usually people who are in the way of his obstructing justice.
"their betters"???

Spoken like a true leftwing nutjob.

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

-snip-

So why? What is the attraction?
It's irresistible attraction of developmentally damaged due to parental authoritarian or cultist off shoot influence?

No "12 step" Trump or pedo irresistible attraction programs versus the case with substance abuse.

What is it with the attraction to Justice Barrett or former Hawaii Rep. Barrett, both raised in cults numbering under 2000 by parents with
close relations to the cult leaders and both Barrett and Gabbard marrying cult members, Gabbard, 2X. Gabbard's second spouse is cult
leader's videographer, her parents employed by cult leader, Gabbard's MIL employed as manager of her congressional district office.

Nothing at all unreasonable about what I'm asking, who is lifelong cult member Jesse Barrett "headed by," and for how long, and who "headed" his
wife, Justice Amy Coney Barrett before they married.? In her 2017 and 2020 background disclosures to the U.S. Senate, she failed to even mention her lifelong affiliation with this cult. Her and her future husband, Jesse, while attending Notre Dame Law School, resided in the South Bend, nine room home of Mr. & Mrs. Kevin Ranaghan, co-founders of the cult. Were Amy and Jesse "paired" by Ranaghan or his wife?

In reaction to her nomination by Trump, the cult wiped all references to the couple from the People of Praise website but could not completely
eradicate the names of her parents.

People of Praise - Wikipedia

"People of Praise is led by an eleven-member all-male board of governors, the chairman of which is the overall coordinator. The board's responsibilities include electing the overall coordinator,,,.
according to anthropologist Thomas Csordas, "individual members are supervised in their daily lives by a person regarded as more 'spiritually mature.'" Pastoral care is considered an important service within the community; it is believed to foster relationships of love, service and charismatic ministry. 15.  Each member has someone called a "head", who acts as a personal adviser. .. Men have other men as their heads. Married women are headed by their husbands...
The highest office a woman can hold in the community is "woman leader" (until 2017, "handmaid"). Women leaders "teach women on womanly affairs, give advice, help in troubled situations" and lead specialized women's activities. ...The community teaches that husbands are the head of the household as well as the spiritual head of their wives. ..."

Amy's mom, Linda, praising the cult's co-founder,

https://webcache.googleusercontent....-sexual-misconduct/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
or ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/06/11/people-praise-barrett-sexual-misconduct/
June 11, 2021
"An article in the summer 2015 issue of People of Praise’s magazine, based on a speech given years earlier by Jeanne DeCelles, wife of co-founder Paul DeCelles, advised wives to verbalize to their husbands a “commitment to submission” and to “make it a joy for him to head you.”

And Justice Barrett's mom, in 2010, (guess "the wiping" din't catch every "loose end,") found on page "687" huh?

https://peopleofpraise.org › news › ?p=687

Paul DeCelles—The Trinity School Vision | People of Praise

"Kevin Ranaghan: Paul DeCelles and 30 years of Trinity School "If Paul DeCelles is to be thought of nautically in relation to Trinity, I have to say, without fear of exaggeration, that he has been Trinity's architect and builder. ... Linda Coney says: August 3rd, 2010 at 12:13 PM. Paul, for your leadership, your love of God, and your ..."

1656300919970.png

Last edited:
This is an interesting reply. Which group of people do you see as "better" than another group? I thought the entire identity of the U.S. kinda hinges in the idea of equality.

I think you misunderstood his use of the word. He was using it in the sense of grievance propaganda. As in telling them, 'there's a corrupt elite who think they're your betters', but trump is on 'their side'.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

The founding fathers didn't mean that when they wrote it. They just though it was so obvious they meant 'the privileged group of almost entirely white men' it went without saying. If the idea of more universal equality was brought up, they'd say that wouldn't work at all, it was essential it be limited. But it did gradually become more universal over time.

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

"Liking his policies" = the policies of Stephen Miller.

IOW, almost all are christian nationalists. Remember.... the support comes from states with least educated voting majorities.
Low average education, high white, non-hispanic population predicts a high Trump vote.

Overall RankStateTotal ScoreEducational AttainmentQuality of Education

..................................................Trump % 2020
11Washington 39%63.12925

31Iowa 53%48.062929
32Georgia 49%47.873322
33Missouri 57%47.313133
34Ohio 53%46.393621
35South Dakota 62%46.343040
36Idaho 64%46.183432
37Arizona 49%44.373244
38Indiana 57%42.60419
39South Carolina 55%42.093834
40Tennessee 61%41.164019

Last edited:
Trump could actually fix things. Biden is nothing but a cardboard cutout.
That's basically it.

I think the OP is framing it a bit wrong about an important topic. But it hit on an important issue that trump has been historically remarkable in appeal for what he is. I think an answer needs to look at decades of right-wing propaganda laying the groundwork and the dysfunction of the large part of the country who has fallen for it.

trump's support is basically an invalidation of the theory of democracy that 'the people' can be trusted to self-rule, in this time of the modern propaganda machine.

I think the OP is framing it a bit wrong about an important topic. But it hit on an important issue that trump has been historically remarkable in appeal for what he is. I think an answer needs to look at decades of right-wing propaganda laying the groundwork and the dysfunction of the large part of the country who has fallen for it.

trump's support is basically an invalidation of the theory of democracy that 'the people' can be trusted to self-rule, in this time of the modern propaganda machine.
The lowest unemployment rate in history for minority Americans.
Beat that Mr. Biden. He can't and more importantly, he or his handlers won't. Ever.

Trump could actually fix things. Biden is nothing but a cardboard cutout.
That's basically it.
I'm tearing up, reminiscing over the fab, fab, "I'm a builder!" Trump "infrastructure weeks," and
his "it's coming in two weeks!" Health Plan.

IOW, WTF are you posting about? Your post is a cry for help, if there were any!

https://www.urbandictionary.com › define.php?term=bunco squad

Urban Dictionary: bunco squad

The bunco squad is those policemen who investigate confidence swindles. In use from the 40's through the 60's. Not usual among law enforcement today. The original "bunco" was a dishonest gambling game. Perhaps a variant of banco, from Spanish banca, which is a card game similar to "monte".

https://khn.org › news › back-to-the-future-trumps-history-of-promising-a-health-plan-that-never-comes

Back to the Future: Trump's History of Promising a Health Plan That ...

Trump began September by signaling in a series of tweets that he was moving on from health reform. But on Oct. 12, he signed an executive order allowing for health care plans to be sold that...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2020 › 04 › 01 › us › politics › coronavirus-infrastructure-week-timeline.html

The Many Times It's Been 'Infrastructure Week' in Washington

Apr 1, 2020Here is a timeline of all of the Infrastructure Weeks that could have been. August 2016: Trump, then a candidate, proposes a plan. Mr. Trump said he would spend $800 billion to $1 trillion...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2019 › 05 › 22 › us › politics › trump-infrastructure-week.html

How 'Infrastructure Week' Became a Long-Running Joke

May 22, 2019During the first Infrastructure Week, in June 2017, White House aides dutifully plugged along with topical messaging, hoping to distract from more pressing controversies, until Mr. Trump closed...

This is an interesting reply. Which group of people do you see as "better" than another group? I thought the entire identity of the U.S. kinda hinges in the idea of equality.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
Well, sometimes the mask slips and these warm hearted, kind people on the left show that they actually think they are better than the "deplorables" and "bitter clingers".

None of the ten best educated state voting majorities voted for Trump in 2020 and of the second tier he did not perform much better,

2023’s Most & Least Educated States in America

wallethub.com

....................................................................Trump % 2020

11Washington 39%63.12925
12Rhode Island 39%58.61245
13Delaware 40%58.05217
14New York 38%57.251814
15Oregon 40%57.221241
16Illinois 41%57.201718
17Hawaii 34%55.971435
18Maine 44%55.941531
19Montana 57%54.991346
20Wisconsin 49%54.522510

None of the ten best educated state voting majorities voted for Trump in 2020 and of the second tier he did not perform much better,

2023’s Most & Least Educated States in America

wallethub.com

....................................................................Trump % 2020

11Washington 39%63.12925
12Rhode Island 39%58.61245
13Delaware 40%58.05217
14New York 38%57.251814
15Oregon 40%57.221241
16Illinois 41%57.201718
17Hawaii 34%55.971435
18Maine 44%55.941531
19Montana 57%54.991346
20Wisconsin 49%54.522510
Not sure what your point is with this. Since when does the amount of formal education on has have anything to do with voting acumen?

The lowest unemployment rate in history for minority Americans.
Beat that Mr. Biden. He can't and more importantly, he or his handlers won't. Ever.
So being the stable genius that he is, Trump was able to make incredibly positive changes in America in 4 short years, that Biden was able to wreck in only 2?

Interesting.
Using my house as an example, when I make improvements, I expect them to last longer than 2 years. But that's just me.

Thing is, that doesn't guarantee bad voting; it's that being exploited by a powerful propaganda operation that defeats democracy. This is part of the oligarchs' battle plan against democracy - exploit ignorance, exploit the over-representation of more ignorant, less expensive and less populated states still getting two Senators, to get power.

The answer is simple: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/agenda

btw, that's also why so many hate him. He's a threat to them.
Trump is an existential threat to our constitutional federal government.

Only the stupidest and/or most deluded Americans don’t recognize that fact.

His true interest in being elected for a 2nd term is retribution.

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

I think in many cases it's not Trump, but the person he's running against. Early in 2016 my list had a dozen possibles, ranked, roughly, in order. As the dropped out the list finally narrowed to Trump v Clinton. And then the Talk Head Battalion started waxing euphorically about Clinton being "Obama's Third" and that sealed the deal - by default Trump became my choice.

I think in many cases it's not Trump, but the person he's running against. Early in 2016 my list had a dozen possibles, ranked, roughly, in order. As the dropped out the list finally narrowed to Trump v Clinton. And then the Talk Head Battalion started waxing euphorically about Clinton being "Obama's Third" and that sealed the deal - by default Trump became my choice.
Still think you made the right choice?

Trump is an existential threat to our constitutional federal government.
As if any of your ilk could recognize a constitutional federal government. Most of your superiors envision a Third Reich template for ruling.
Only the stupidest and/or most deluded Americans don’t recognize that fact.
Only the most thoroughly brainwashed, duped, and poorly-educated would even thing the above.
His true interest in being elected for a 2nd term is retribution.
You get an extra cookie at the next "I have Trump" rally.

Orange Kool-Aid.jpg

As if any of your ilk could recognize a constitutional federal government. Most of your superiors envision a Third Reich template for ruling.

Only the most thoroughly brainwashed, duped, and poorly-educated would even thing the above.

You get an extra cookie at the next "I have Trump" rally.
You prove me correct with your post. 👍

Well, sometimes the mask slips and these warm hearted, kind people on the left show that they actually think they are better than the "deplorables" and "bitter clingers".
I'm not a person on the left, but I'm definitely better than violent insurrectionists. I'm also better than apologists for a violent insurrection.

Also better than apologists for a POTUS who extorted an ally in order to get help cheating a presidential election.

So, yeah, I'm better than deplorables... almost all of them.

I hope you've apologized to all Americans for that vote. Look what you did to us!

Back
Top Bottom