• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?​

He's only attractive to his base of ignorant deplorables, every other sane, mature, Patriotic American is repulsed by him, and wants him to be held accountable for all his actions, including inciting a deadly insurrection against our government and lawmakers on January 6, 2021. He is only attractive to those traitors and cowards who share his personality traits and ideals....as follows.

White Supremacist
White Nationalist
Anti-American
Adores and serves Dictators
Anti-Democracy
Lawless
Habitual Liar
Bully
Sore Loser
Ignorant
Sexist
Hypocrite
Selfish
Heartless
Homophobic
Dictator Wannabe
Cowardly
Immature
Spoiled
Useless
Conman
Traitor
...too many to list here.

These are just some characteristics he shares with his angry, white, hateful, delusional base of deplorables. The Trump Cult Party, The Trump Klan Party, The GQP, call it what you may. If trumpism lives, Democracy dies.

FkuBRMl_vQvxSeL3.jpg
I got another one: owning libz by committing crimes. 🤪

The answer is simple: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/agenda

btw, that's also why so many hate him. He's a threat to them.
Trump is no threat to me personally.

When he confined his grift to NYC and those gullible enough to get in bed with him, literally and figuratively, I could had not have cared less. I have known he was a loathsome narcissist for decades but didn't watch his show, buy his products and certainly would not have donated my money to any of his failed ventures.

But when he became the de facto leader of our country, turning Americans against each other to appease his narcissism, then I cared. I really don't think I'm exaggerating when I say he represents all that is bad about America and those that continue to support him are equally culpable- either through ignorance, or arrogance- or a combination thereof.

He effectively channels their grievances.
Trump supporters seem to be miserable beings, and Trump promises to fix their misery. It's hard to tell what exactly makes them miserable - the blacks, the gays, the liberals - but Trump being POTUS appears to fix everything. It doesn't matter what Trump does, if anything, just that he's POTUS.

Something angers and frightens them, and Trump is like a binky.

Last edited:
He tells gullible evangelicals what they 'want' to hear, and they lap the rhetoric up, even though they know he isn't a Christian, and laughs at them behind their backs.

Yes, I do not believe Trump believes all the craziness he says and does, it's almost entirely an act. Trump was, and is, somewhat shocked at how low they are willing to go for him.

Well said. I am still trying to work out how billionaire trump is not an elitist?
The guy showcased his gold plated penthouse suites and was branded in pop culture as the tackiest billionaire....it couldn't get any crazier!

Trump supporters seem to be miserable beings, and Trump promises to fix their misery. It's hard to tell what exactly makes them miserable - the blacks, the gays, the liberals - but Trump being POTUS appears to fix everything. It doesn't matter what Trump does, if anything, just that he's POTUS.

Whatever it is, it looks much deeper than anyone's liberal gay black neighbor. Something angers and frightens them, and Trump is like a binky.
Personally I consider it an amazing money-making opportunity. MAGAs like @Mycroft and @TheParser will give their last coin to the movement, which makes for an outstanding opportunity to sell MAGA merch. Have a hat made in China for $2, then sell it to Mycroft for $20 so that he can totally own the Pro China Globalist Leftist Filth Pukes. Everybody wins!

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

So why? What is the attraction?
The cruelty he meters out to people the base don't like. They all celebrated when Trump separated immigrant families at the border.

"That's what I'd do" I think. People who know they're never going to be President (of the town flower show) don't take the awesome responsibility seriously. So whether Trump is trying (and he did sometimes) and getting vexed by the swamp (ie people who know better) ... or whether he's just farting around and being mean to people for no reason, he's a bad boy celebrity making fun of the office of President.

It's pretty worrying that 35 to 40% of Americans think entertainment is more important than governance. Luckily there's Congress ...

"That's what I'd do" I think. People who know they're never going to be President (of the town flower show) don't take the awesome responsibility seriously. So whether Trump is trying (and he did sometimes) and getting vexed by the swamp (ie people who know better) ... or whether he's just farting around and being mean to people for no reason, he's a bad boy celebrity making fun of the office of President.

It's pretty worrying that 35 to 40% of Americans think entertainment is more important than governance. Luckily there's Congress ...
I suspect that 40% of Congress thinks that entertainment is more important than governance.

Personally I consider it an amazing money-making opportunity. MAGAs like @Mycroft and @TheParser will give their last coin to the movement, which makes for an outstanding opportunity to sell MAGA merch. Have a hat made in China for $2, then sell it to Mycroft for $20 so that he can totally own the Pro China Globalist Leftist Filth Pukes. Everybody wins!
Can't say this hasn't crossed my mind as well. Several times. I'm kinda happy being unambitious, though. Lol.

Can't say this hasn't crossed my mind as well. Several times. I'm kinda happy being unambitious, though. Lol.
Think of it as your patriotic duty. The MAGAs are going to give away their wealth anyway. For the sake of our nation, ask yourself who should possess that wealth… @Michael Cole or Donald Trump? If the former—which I would agree with—then it is your patriotic duty to grift the MAGAs.

Think of it as your patriotic duty. The MAGAs are going to give away their wealth anyway. For the sake of our nation, ask yourself who should possess that wealth… @Michael Cole or Donald Trump? If the former—which I would agree with—then it is your patriotic duty to grift the MAGAs.
The MAGA-grifter pool is already pretty full... mostly with other MAGAs.

Steve Bannon. Tucker Carlson.

Plus, there's the proprietary thing. Bannon and Tucker created those suckers, so they have first dibs on grifting them. It's probably a law or something.

You do production and I'll steal the designs. This one's a hot seller.

Funny-Donald-Trump-T-Shirt-Men-Women-Political-Tee-Trump-Is-My-President-Gift-Cool-Casual.jpg

I'll figure out how to sell them this one. They're cute when confused.

You do production and I'll steal the designs. This one's a hot seller.

Funny-Donald-Trump-T-Shirt-Men-Women-Political-Tee-Trump-Is-My-President-Gift-Cool-Casual.jpg

I'll figure out how to sell them this one. They're cute when confused.
That’s a good design. Set up a stand outside a
Trump rally and I bet you could clear $4k on that shirt alone. That’s chump change so what you need are elderly MAGA retirees to man booths for you. They’ll do it for free because they think they are patriots. Now you’re doing 3 booths a day all over the country. It takes work but the possibility to earn serious coin is there.

But, that's all he is. Again, he's all about allowing people stick their thumbs in the eyes of their betters who are usually people who are in the way of his obstructing justice.
"their betters"? Not sure what you mean by that.

That’s a good design. Set up a stand outside a
Trump rally and I bet you could clear $4k on that shirt alone. That’s chump change so what you need are elderly MAGA retirees to man booths for you. They’ll do it for free because they think they are patriots. Now you’re doing 3 booths a day all over the country. It takes work but the possibility to earn serious coin is there.
Exactly. All the customers are retirees as well. I stole this design. I'm thinking we replace "Old People" with "Trump Voters." Mark it up to $40. Should do well.

1532u8ff82d37e70943a59bee1463a361e31e.jpg

Something angers and frightens them, and Trump is like a binky.
I could never support the Democrat mirror of Trump. No way in hell would I want for my PoTUS a Democrat that was a:

Narcissist

Bankrupt, failed businessman
Complete lack of knowledge, understanding and not motivated to learn even the basics of our Constitution

Compulsive liar

Purposely divisive to our Nation

Hate filled campaigning

No decorum to the opposing political party

Corrupt

Never in a million years would I vote for a Democrat trump

I'd even vote for the far Right pandering fascist Desantis before a Democrat trump

"their betters"? Not sure what you mean by that.
For example, they hated Obama being elected, and he let them attack Obama by saying he was born in Kenya and not a legitimate president, instead of progress for the country as the 'liberal media' said. He'd pretend to be against a 'corrupt elite' and 'deep state' and on their side. He took advantage of the propaganda that made his base a cult against Democrats.

But, that's all he is. Again, he's all about allowing people stick their thumbs in the eyes of their betters who are usually people who are in the way of his obstructing justice.
This is an interesting reply. Which group of people do you see as "better" than another group? I thought the entire identity of the U.S. kinda hinges in the idea of equality.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Back
Top Bottom