• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Ever Doubted Fox News was Insane

While I've never been a fan of heavy-handed police tactics or the militarization of law enforcement, this is the kind of stuff that is the inevitable result of this. We reap what we sow.

Until I see some of the righties decrying the same tactics used against Stone when they're used against people they don't care for, they can stick their crocodile tears somewhere where the sun rarely shines.

As to the OP, Osama Bin Laden got shot through the eyeball and his body dumped in the ocean, so that's probably not the best comparison.

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

"...worse than Benghazi.” :lamo

Next time you old pervert Stone, Mueller is sending the paratroopers too

1470067972-paratroopers.gif

Except he was not hiding, had agreed to met the FBI before, and had not refused to surrender.

So, the FBI, under the circumstances that face the country - was supposed to trust Roger fricken Stone's word...

They acted appropriately. Stone's busted, charged and awaiting trial.

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

I watched their video...I didn't once hear the words quoted in the video. Did they link to the wrong edited clip? Here's a quote from the only part of the video that mentions bin laden or Benghazi:

This was a message sent to us that at any time you can get a knock on your door and 29 men with automatic weapons... which by the way its not only more than they sent to go after bin laden, its 29 more men than they sent to Benghazi to pick up and defend our own men.

Now, I'm not defending what was said. I'm just pointing out that the quote that is attributed to Fox News was not only not said...but was also not said by Fox News. It was said by a guest of Hannity who runs an opinion show. Not a news station.

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

****er Cuckelson always has that stupid look on his face b/c he is a rich fake elite liberal masquerading as a conservative blowhard and cannot believe the **** that spews out of his own mouth or the mouths of his guests. But I mean did Caputo just say he used to live in Russia????????? He is a witness in the Mueller probe!!!!!!!:lamo

As much as I usually bash CNN and MSNBC, Fox News is no better imo. But what happened to Roger was just terrible.

What was terrible about it? They came to serve a warrant and knocked on his door and were very polite according to Stone. I'm having a hard time seeing how he was treated unfairly.

While I've never been a fan of heavy-handed police tactics or the militarization of law enforcement, this is the kind of stuff that is the inevitable result of this. We reap what we sow.

Until I see some of the righties decrying the same tactics used against Stone when they're used against people they don't care for, they can stick their crocodile tears somewhere where the sun rarely shines.

As to the OP, Osama Bin Laden got shot through the eyeball and his body dumped in the ocean, so that's probably not the best comparison.

Agreed 100%. But people are entirely forgetting that this guy is indicted with witness tampering and threatened to kill a witness. Along with that they knew he had firearms. I'm not saying it's very very likely that they were going to knock on the door and get fired at, but you are above and beyond the point where the officers clearly need to make sure they are well protected. This was so far away from heavy handed that it's not even funny.

Another who deigns to comment without actually availing themself of sources that would cure them of their ignorance of the subject.

Why don't you tell me what the subject is then. I also won't watch clips of Rachel Maddow, Alex Jones, and other lunatics. Sorry that bothers you.

To simply contact the suspect or their lawyer and ask them to turn themselves in is a common approach. Here they sometimes send a constable or a deputy to make an arrest if that fails to work.

They expected him to destroy evidence that he'd already lied about having.

Want them to ask nicely? Hope that he invites them in for tea, as the shredder is running in the background?

Want them to ask nicely? Hope that he invites them in for tea, as the shredder is running in the background?

He emailed a witness "Prepare to die mother****er". It boggles my mind why people find it questionable that the FBI might question whether he could cause trouble or not. This is insane that people are questioning this.

What stopped any "evidence" from being destroyed during the many preceding days?

As much as I usually bash CNN and MSNBC, Fox News is no better imo. But what happened to Roger was just terrible.

WTF???????

What happened to him????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He himslef said how polite and professional the officers were.

Good grief. How do you suggest we arrest people?

I have seen house wives handcuffed and barefoot in night gowns arrested for bouncing a $20 check.

What stopped any "evidence" from being destroyed during the many preceding days?

Have you thought maybe they were just trying to live up to their Chief Executive’s directions on how to treat suspects?

Remember this?

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car, and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put your hand over” their head, he said, putting his hand above his head for emphasis. “I said, ‘You can take the hand away, O.K.?’” -Donald Trump 2017.

Have you thought maybe they were just trying to live up to their Chief Executive’s directions on how to treat suspects?

Remember this?

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car, and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put your hand over” their head, he said, putting his hand above his head for emphasis. “I said, ‘You can take the hand away, O.K.?’” -Donald Trump 2017.

I fully believe it was to emphasize the power and level of force available to the feds. I also find it odd that the feds can lie to the suspect (or anyone else, including the general public) with impunity yet the reverse is a serious crime.

He emailed a witness "Prepare to die mother****er". It boggles my mind why people find it questionable that the FBI might question whether he could cause trouble or not. This is insane that people are questioning this.

Right? But nothing shocks me anymore. Nothing.

Right? But nothing shocks me anymore. Nothing.

I guess. It's just so incredibly sad that people would trash the FBI for being so professional on this matter. Even Stone himself said they were very polite to him. As of right now the best I can figure is that the FBI are jack booted thugs because they dared to bring guns to a guys house who threatened to kill a witness.

I guess. It's just so incredibly sad that people would trash the FBI for being so professional on this matter. Even Stone himself said they were very polite to him. As of right now the best I can figure is that the FBI are jack booted thugs because they dared to bring guns to a guys house who threatened to kill a witness.

Well this was the "law and order" party until Trump came to town. Now, though, their version of law and order is based on who the perp is. :shrug:

I fully believe it was to emphasize the power and level of force available to the feds. I also find it odd that the feds can lie to the suspect (or anyone else, including the general public) with impunity yet the reverse is a serious crime.

That’s not limited to the feds, dude. Cops in general can and will lie to you all the time.

Do you whine when ICE raids an immigrant's home at 3AM?

Stone was arrested like anyone else who is considered armed and dangerous. Why do you want special treatment for traitors?

Not only that but a search warrant was being served at both his homes as well. All of it was standard practice for the FBI and for good reason. Stone is a nutcase and you can't be too careful with those.

Just like Trump. Do his lies bother you at all?

Yes, lies by elected officials bother me. What bothers me more about Trump is the moronic expansion of federal spending after pretending to care about the growing federal deficit.

Yes, lies by elected officials bother me. What bothers me more about Trump is the moronic expansion of federal spending after pretending to care about the growing federal deficit.

That is the most normal thing he has done. GOP Presidents always cut taxes and spend more. Your memory must be short. Don't you remember VP Cheney's statement that "Reagan proved deficits don't matter"? That was the most honest thing he ever said.

OMG! Still? Seriously?

Are you saying, when we were told by Susan Rice, Hillary and Obama that Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous uprising due to a video, that was the truth? Seriously?

Poor Stone. They should have given him notice so that he could have a chance to destroy evidence and perhaps threaten a dog or two. Thus isn't just worse than Benghazi. It's worse than the Yukatan meteor strike that wiped off most of the life on Earth.

Back
Top Bottom