• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Ever Doubted Fox News was Insane

State run media.

As much as I usually bash CNN and MSNBC, Fox News is no better imo. But what happened to Roger was just terrible.

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

"...worse than Benghazi.” :lamo

Fox is no more nor less insane than the rest of the mainstream media.

They all...including their echo chambers...are vying to out rhetoric the other guy. This does nothing but cheapen their reputation and credibility.

Just give me the facts. I'll construct my own rhetoric.

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

What was being compared was the level of force deemed appropriate to deal with each "threat" - the arrest of an alleged white collar criminal in Florida, the capture/execution of an infamous international terrorist inside Pakistan and repelling an armed attack on a US consulate in Libya. Perhaps if you linked to the actual Fox News segment(s) instead of some Twitter "expert" commenting on their take of the matter that might have been more clear.

What was being compared was the level of force deemed appropriate to deal with each "threat" - the arrest of an alleged white collar criminal in Florida, the capture/execution of an infamous international terrorist inside Pakistan and repelling an armed attack on a US consulate in Libya. Perhaps if you linked to the actual Fox News segment(s) instead of some Twitter "expert" commenting on their take of the matter that might have been more clear.

The ‘white collar criminal’ that, you might note, did a publicized story at a firing range talking about defending himself in the civil war that is coming when Trump is impeached.

I’m surprised they knocked.

The ‘white collar criminal’ that, you might note, did a publicized story at a firing range talking about defending himself in the civil war that is coming when Trump is impeached.

I’m surprised they knocked.

Yep, he was so damn scary that he was released on bail that same day.

As much as I usually bash CNN and MSNBC, Fox News is no better imo. But what happened to Roger was just terrible.

Do you whine when ICE raids an immigrant's home at 3AM?

Stone was arrested like anyone else who is considered armed and dangerous. Why do you want special treatment for traitors?

Yep, he was so damn scary that he was released on bail that same day.

So is anyone else who can come up with the bond money.

You do realize the courts are not eh FBI. Right?

Right?

So is anyone else who can come up with the bond money.

You do realize the courts are not eh FBI. Right?

Right?

Yes, I fully realize what is going on. The judge and the FBI must have either been given entirely different threat assessment data or simply reached different conclusions as to its merit.

I don't link to ****er Carlson. My computer might catch a case of the Stupids.

I don't link to ****er Carlson. My computer might catch a case of the Stupids.

It is more of a "case of the Stupids" to trust some Twitter "expert" to correctly tell you what Tucker Carson actually said in context.

It is more of a "case of the Stupids" to trust some Twitter "expert" to correctly tell you what Tucker Carson actually said in context.

He has a context? Hmm...how'd you find it?

Doubt it no more

Video at link.

We were told by Susan Rice, Hillary and Obama that Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous uprising due to a video. A spontaneous uprising with the fire power the FBI had to take down one person that was not a threat to anyone. Under the word of Susan and Hillary and Obama I sure don't see Benghazi had the same fire power as the FBI did.

So you think people who are deemed as threats shouldn’t get bail?

In some cases yes. If to be safe around a person requires a team of heavily armed federal agents then perhaps that person should be kept secured after capture. On the other hand, if a person is deemed safe enough to release back onto the streets then perhaps they did not require that much force be sent to affect an arrest.

In some cases yes. If to be safe around a person requires a team of heavily armed federal agents then perhaps that person should be kept secured after capture. On the other hand, if a person is deemed safe enough to release back onto the streets then perhaps they did not require that much force be sent to affect an arrest.

So do you think they should have taken the armed threats of defense in a civil war more seriously then?

Or are you just going to pretend that isn’t a thing?

So do you think they should have taken the armed threats of defense in a civil war more seriously then?

Or are you just going to pretend that isn’t a thing?

To simply contact the suspect or their lawyer and ask them to turn themselves in is a common approach. Here they sometimes send a constable or a deputy to make an arrest if that fails to work.

Do you whine when ICE raids an immigrant's home at 3AM?

Stone was arrested like anyone else who is considered armed and dangerous. Why do you want special treatment for traitors?

Are we talking illegal or legal immigrant?

To simply contact the suspect or their lawyer and ask them to turn themselves in is a common approach. Here they sometimes send a constable or a deputy to make an arrest if that fails to work.

My impression is that in this case, they chose the time of day and the tactics used cause they feared he might destroy info
on his computers, which is why they apparently also raided another place of his. On the other hand, it did seem like a lot of force. Congress could subpoena the FBI or others in the DOJ to explain, which notion might gain traction in the Senate, tho I assume republicans who look at Stone and his history might think him toxic to defend.

Back
Top Bottom