• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Obama wins

Wow, you have missed some news. The GOP has focused more on trying to pass bills to ban abortion than bills to fix the economy and address the need for jobs. I am more than willing to debate Obama's record. I think he has done a great jobs, especially given the obstrutionsim he has had to face with the GOP. Had be been able to get anything passed in congress concerning the economy and jobs, his record would look much better right now. Of course, Mitch McConnel did say the GOP's #1 priority was to make Obama a one term president. Obstructing progress on improving the economy would be one way to make sure Obama's record on the economy looked bad. But, inspite of all the obstruction he faced, the economy is growin and is better than it was 4 years ago.
Obama's foraign policies have been good, and he passed a health care bill that makes health care more affordable. There is a long list of achievements on Obama's record that prove he is a strong leader.

Wow, what flavor Kool-Aid are you drinking tonight?

That's all you got? That line is getting old. I guess having a real debate on the issues is out of the question.

Debate is meaningless when what is at stake is emotional rather than based on real policy. That is really the crux of the issue, they are so focused on making him a one term president because they are quite frustrated they lost. Add on that the president makes an easy scapegoat for all of life's ills from banks not wanting to lend to an educational system not really competitive with the world and it is easy to see that they are just mad.

My point is you can't debate anger, because an angry person is only going to listen to things that validate that anger. I think the republican house is a Shining example of frustrated angry people in action.

Debate is meaningless when what is at stake is emotional rather than based on real policy. That is really the crux of the issue, they are so focused on making him a one term president because they are quite frustrated they lost. Add on that the president makes an easy scapegoat for all of life's ills from banks not wanting to lend to an educational system not really competitive with the world and it is easy to see that they are just mad.

My point is you can't debate anger, because an angry person is only going to listen to things that validate that anger. I think the republican house is a Shining example of frustrated angry people in action.

Wow, that is very well said and very true. I see the GOP falling apart at the seams, and clearly anger is a destructive emotion.

Wow, I have read a lot of stupid stuff on this site but this could be the worst. You do know that this president took the student loan program to be a government program when it used to be a private system. You do know that K-12 is financed by states and local government not private industry.

Maybe people are angry that an UNINFORMED public will be deciding this election.

Perhaps when you make it through the educational system you too can be an informed voter!

Yawn. Poor Travis. He is going to be awfully depressed along with all the other righties come November.

So are you, I'm afraid if Obama wins you're going to be very disappointed. That's assuming you care about this country, and I'm not saying you do.

Wow, I have read a lot of stupid stuff on this site but this could be the worst. You do know that this president took the student loan program to be a government program when it used to be a private system. You do know that K-12 is financed by states and local government not private industry.

Maybe people are angry that an UNINFORMED public will be deciding this election.

Perhaps when you make it through the educational system you too can be an informed voter!

The student loan system was a government and private program. The government secures the loans and the banks collected the interest. It only seems fitting that the interest goes back into the student loan system instead of making bankers richer. Our education system has a private and public sector.
I doubt the GOP is angry because an uninformed public will be deciding this election. I also doubt the public is as uninformed as you think they are.
You resorted to insults at the end of your argument. You would have given yourself more credibility had you not gone there.

You do know that this president took the student loan program to be a government program when it used to be a private system.

You don't really know what you're talking about, do you? First, there are still private student loans. Second, the loans you're talking about are ones from the Federal Family Education Loan Program. They were never private loans, per se. Rather, they were loans made by private lenders, but backed up by the federal government. In other words, the loans were subsidized by the goverment, private lenders took all the profits, and the government took all the risk. Pretty stupid, right? What Obama did was cut out the middle man.

So are you, I'm afraid if Obama wins you're going to be very disappointed. That's assuming you care about this country, and I'm not saying you do.

Ahhh here we have the tired "You don't love this country" because you vote for a lefty.

That is about as stale as Palin's "Real American" turd blossom.

Honestly, many of you righties can't quite grasp the fact that you have neither an exclusive on loving this country or dying for it.

I suggest you check the Arlington Cemetery, there are plenty of lefties there who died right alongside righties. So spare me the Fox News Mantra.

Defunding Planned Parenthood isn't a bothersome for me as states regulating abortion clinics in such a way they can not opperate.
No state charges abortion doctors for murder.

Again liberal spin. No one is defunding or asking for PP to be defunded lol. And theres no way that states will prevent abortion clinics from operating.

There are real efforts being made to ban abortions. If the next conservative president is able to appoint a supreme court justice, the stage has been set to bring up roe v wade.
The link I posted also offers facts. I'm not so big on the defunding of abortion clinics as much as I am that many states are putting impossible regulations on abortion clinics in order to push them out. So far, many of these efforts have been stopped in the courts. That won't stop some people from continuing to bring an all out ban on abortion. Ryan and AKin proposed a bill to redfine rape as forceable rape under the idea that women can not get pregnant if they have been raped. They want to eventually ban abortions without exceptions.

You do realise that even before Roe vs Wade abortion was legal in every state in the Union dont you? Can I ask you what our first and most important right is?

Thats why it so hard to debate with liberals. Their all feely touchy :)

You do realise that even before Roe vs Wade abortion was legal in every state in the Union dont you? Can I ask you what our first and most important right is?

It seems you need a history lesson. No, it was not legal in every state in the union.

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prior to the ruling, the legality of abortion was decided by each state; it was illegal in 30 states and legal under certain cases in 20 states.

I am an educated voter, and more or less I support the presidents actions, however my point about emotion being a determining factor for many people seems only to be reinforced by your insults towards me, when you don't know anything about me.

Sure democrats did this a bit, when president Bush was in office, he could do nothing right, and we didn't even like Kerry but we were dead set against Bush. I can see that it was emotional then as it is now, to even admit that good ideas come out of the "other" side seems to be anathema to current right wing thought, much like it was on the left a few years ago, but the stakes are much higher now.

And you do understand the destruction the Democrats will cause in that time!

Yes... apparently the sky will fall if you don't get your way. Because simply disagreeing politically isn't allowed... one has to hate the other side so fully that they truly believe Armageddon will happen unless their party of choice is elected.

Yes... apparently the sky will fall if you don't get your way. Because simply disagreeing politically isn't allowed... one has to hate the other side so fully that they truly believe Armageddon will happen unless their party of choice is elected.

That does seem to be what the left believes... :roll:

I am an educated voter, and more or less I support the presidents actions, however my point about emotion being a determining factor for many people seems only to be reinforced by your insults towards me, when you don't know anything about me.

Sure democrats did this a bit, when president Bush was in office, he could do nothing right, and we didn't even like Kerry but we were dead set against Bush. I can see that it was emotional then as it is now, to even admit that good ideas come out of the "other" side seems to be anathema to current right wing thought, much like it was on the left a few years ago, but the stakes are much higher now.

Almost an exact mirror of what folks have said in every presidential election, at least since Reagan's terms were done. The stakes are always high, and the world as we know it will end if the other fellow gets elected.

These are highly emotional contests, especially for those who are "educated" voters. If anything, the insults have been slightly less this time around than the 2000 and 2004 elections. Don't get me wrong, there's still some serious crap being flung this time.

That does seem to be what the left believes... :roll:

Post #2 would appear to refute the point being made, about "Armageddon will happen" being a leftie belief

he wont win.. but our country will be quickly sliding toward France and the USA that was the world beacon will be gone and all freedom loving people will be in peril.. the Jihad will go into a more active and violent period..

the GOP will survive as Liberalism is a failure

It seems you need a history lesson. No, it was not legal in every state in the union.

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prior to the ruling, the legality of abortion was decided by each state; it was illegal in 30 states and legal under certain cases in 20 states.

Wiki is your source :)
OK name me one state that the year before Roe vs Wade made abortion illegal in order to save the life of the mother? You cant. Abortion was legal for that reason in every state. Enjoy your history lesson.

Can the GOP survive?
No. But it will not matter as the US will not survive in its present form either.

Fear not. The one term Marxist, flexible with our enemies, president Barrack Hussein Obama will be defeated.

Indoctrinated voter is more like it :)

All freedom loving people will not be in peril. The freedom loving people in this country have survived a lot worse than what we are facing.
In order to stop any possible Jihad, the Christian right needs to stop burning korans and talking trash about Muslims on their radio and TV shows. That would be a big step toward peace along religious lines. There is no reason to inflame an already bad situation. I am so tired of the radical right using fear tactics for political gain.

The dhimmitude is strong in this one.

I would am more worried about whether the country can survive. It has been said that the country can survive Obama, but not an electorate that would give him a second term. Orwell did a good job of describing the situation in Animal Farm.

Well, he certainly had a strong opinion on those of you getting your jollies predicting the future.

People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.

Back
Top Bottom