• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Obama wins

You know for someone who talks about how successful he is... and how bitter losers are... you seem pretty damn bitter to me.

that is because you read stuff through the obama rosy glasses. I am bitter that our once great country is afflicted by an assclown like obama and that his appeal is to envy and class warfare and so many people buy into that.

but I am correct in what motivates many of Obama's supporters-thats why Obama has advertisements whining about Romney's wealth

that is because you read stuff through the obama rosy glasses. I am bitter that our once great country is afflicted by an assclown like obama and that his appeal is to envy and class warfare and so many people buy into that.

but I am correct in what motivates many of Obama's supporters-thats why Obama has advertisements whining about Romney's wealth

Lol and Romney adverts market to bitter people, trying to direct that rage to the president where it is undeserved. What exactly are you people so bitter about, if you all are such winners and are doing so well then why the rage?

Seriously, the president isn't trying to proletarianize the population with union manufacturering jobs in order to fight the evil rich bourgeoisie, if he were I would be a lot more excited about him. That would be real class warfare.

:lol: What goes around, comes around.

Attachments

• inherit mess.jpg
    inherit mess.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
About Arizona HB 2625, don't you mean that a religiously affiliated employer can refuse to pay for birth control through health insurance...so the individual would have to pay for such things as the birth control pill themselves? Just like people buy condoms at the store, people would have to pay for the birth control pill. That is not banning birth control, since it is very accessible.

No, I don't mean (insert Right-wing Republican rhetoric here). Take a look at the original bill, do you see the kind of baloney they were TRYING to squeek by with?
Now take a look at the final draft that was passed into law. Take the blinders off.

Now to move ahead to the Right-wing Republican rhetoric - passing laws to allow people control over other peoples heath/life/bodies? Fine.
Muslims don't believe in alchohol correct? Many people get diabetes due to over use of alchohol correct? Guess what, because we as a country have allowed the Birth Control restrictions due to religious beliefs, insulin is now on the chopping block. You need insulin to live, gee, guess you should have thought about that before you put that booze to your lips.

People don't get it, Christianity is NOT the only religion out there, and basing law on what they believe is going to open up a can of worms few of us can live with

I've been following politics for a very long time from many different sources, and I don't waste my time with some sources anymore, because they are not worth it.

You didn't provide anything. No one is banning birth control. All you provided is something showing a failed candidate that defends states' rights. And that Ryan is pro-life. None of that is the same as pushing for banning basic birth control (which would be stupid no matter what).

I am a news junky myself. I look at all sides of the issue and form my own opinion. I have seen that the GOP is going way too far right and they have been attempting to ban abortions by defunding abortion clinits or making it impossible for abortion clinics to oppoerate in GOP controled states. They are proposing ultra sounds to be done before abortions can be done, which is forcing a woman to go through a medical proceedure she doesn't need. Over the last few years, I have seen an all out asult on women's reproductive rights. GOP like TOdd Akin and Rick Santorum have made it known that they think birth control is wrong.
I don't know what news sources you trust or don't trust, but try this one on for size.

Todd Akin and Paul Ryan Are More Alike Than You Think - Bloomberg
Last year Ryan and Akin were co-sponsors of the Sanctity of Human Life Act, also known as “personhood” legislation, which would give a fertilized egg the same rights as a human being and would outlaw some forms of birth control.

These personhood laws have been proposed in many GOP controled states, including mine. They were defeated on the ballots because of the ban on some forms of birth control. If you refuse to see the facts, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

False choices are not true, no matter how much you want them to be. Please get new talking points, we were ready for liberals to call whoever the candidate was radical and far right from the get go. Thanks for not disappointing and thanks for having such integral logic fail in your posts that they are without merit.

Haven't seen many liberals call Romney radical far right. Have seen them say he panders to them.

Liberals dont want to interfere in reproductive rights, they just want everyone else to pay for them.
I believe you are wrong there. I believe what liberals are pushing for is INSURANCE companies covering birth control. I don't get where Republicans think they are paying for everything? An individual gets insurance coverage from their employer. They pay a percentage. The employer has insurance as a benefit to attrack employees, not because it's out of the goodness of their heart. That insurance benefit is PART of your salary, again, not because the employer is such a swell guy. THE EMPLOYEE PAYS FOR IT!!!! When people wake up to the fact that benefits are part of your pay, maybe they'll understand.

Laws are based upon biblical morality because the value system of the founding fathers was along those lines--the value system of the culture involved shapes the laws, ignoring this basic maxim is akin to hitting your head against a brick wall and expecting not to bleed.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong here. Founding Fathers based Constitution and Bill of Rights to KEEP OUT the "majority culture" from shaping laws. They got a pretty good look at what happens when that is allowed and said, to hell with that.

Stockpiling weapons has not been proven to be harmful to society and in fact, may accomplish the opposite.
Try telling that to the victims families of Virginia Tech, Northern Illinois University, Aurora, CO movie theater, etc. Not sure they'd agree with you.

You know for someone who talks about how successful he is... and how bitter losers are... you seem pretty damn bitter to me.

Hmm, you make a good point there. Which group was he saying was bitter, again? The "losers?"

Come to think of it, I can't come up with a poster on this board who spends more time trying to convince everyone else how much better he is than them.

I hope these far-right loonies screaming about the END OF AMERICA remember the sentiment the next time they call me an "alarmist" because I think we should cut CO2 emissions.

If Obama wins, not much will dramatically change.

Yes. It's a better reason than the apocalyptic, end of the United States, death scenario.

No man really the sky is falling! Obama being re-elected will be the end of America! He's going to suspend Democracy.... after he gets re-elected, not before. No don't ask me why.

It won't kill the party but it will force them to have to reorganize. I've said before that I believe the next prez will look good regardless because the economy is going to keep rebounding and pick up steam as the European economy stops dragging us down. It won't kill the GOP and I don't think that they will even face the cold winter of thawing they received after the FDR administration took them to the woodshed and they didn't hold a majority in congress for 40 years.

But I do think it will hurt them for a few election cycles.
And you do understand the destruction the Democrats will cause in that time!

I am a news junky myself. I look at all sides of the issue and form my own opinion. I have seen that the GOP is going way too far right and they have been attempting to ban abortions by defunding abortion clinits or making it impossible for abortion clinics to oppoerate in GOP controled states. They are proposing ultra sounds to be done before abortions can be done, which is forcing a woman to go through a medical proceedure she doesn't need. Over the last few years, I have seen an all out asult on women's reproductive rights. GOP like TOdd Akin and Rick Santorum have made it known that they think birth control is wrong.
I don't know what news sources you trust or don't trust, but try this one on for size.

Last year Ryan and Akin were co-sponsors of the Sanctity of Human Life Act, also known as “personhood” legislation, which would give a fertilized egg the same rights as a human being and would outlaw some forms of birth control.

These personhood laws have been proposed in many GOP controled states, including mine. They were defeated on the ballots because of the ban on some forms of birth control. If you refuse to see the facts, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

Stopping our tax dollars from going to PP is not banning funds from any organization lol. It certainly wont force them to close. If you Libs want to pay for this stuff then donate and dont ask the rest of us too.

Can you explain why in some states if you kill a fetus you are charged with murder?

No, I don't mean (insert Right-wing Republican rhetoric here). Take a look at the original bill, do you see the kind of baloney they were TRYING to squeek by with?
Now take a look at the final draft that was passed into law. Take the blinders off.

Now to move ahead to the Right-wing Republican rhetoric - passing laws to allow people control over other peoples heath/life/bodies? Fine.
Muslims don't believe in alchohol correct? Many people get diabetes due to over use of alchohol correct? Guess what, because we as a country have allowed the Birth Control restrictions due to religious beliefs, insulin is now on the chopping block. You need insulin to live, gee, guess you should have thought about that before you put that booze to your lips.

People don't get it, Christianity is NOT the only religion out there, and basing law on what they believe is going to open up a can of worms few of us can live with

What is in the final bill is what counts. I don't look at it as a big deal though, because nothing is being banned, it is just a matter of a religious institution not having to be forced by the government to pay for birth control if they don't believe in it (related to freedom of religion or something crazy like that). Apparently Obamacare is mandating a lot of things and some religious institutions don't feel they should have to be forced to pay for stuff they don't believe in. It doesn't make the birth control pill unattainable though. It is easily attainable, almost as easy as buying condoms...and they are similar in price.

About the alcohol thing, I don't see the connection exactly. Insulin and birth control are two very different things. But then again, no matter what--alcohol and birth control is not being banned, it is just a question of who has to pay for it. Let's say just for the sake of conversation my health insurance paid for the beer I am drinking right now (Sam Adams Octoberfest) and I didn't even have to pay a co-pay, then one day they stopped paying for it. That doesn't mean I can't get it. I can either find another insurance company or I can simply drive to the store and buy more beer. If I couldn't afford it, I would buy a more generic beer, like Bud or something.

Stopping our tax dollars from going to PP is not banning funds from any organization lol. It certainly wont force them to close. If you Libs want to pay for this stuff then donate and dont ask the rest of us too.

Can you explain why in some states if you kill a fetus you are charged with murder?

Defunding Planned Parenthood isn't a bothersome for me as states regulating abortion clinics in such a way they can not opperate.
No state charges abortion doctors for murder.

Abortions will always be legal, that will never change. As far as funding, any reduction in federal funding does not ban abortions. Government doesn't pay for everything.....yet.

Your link is to an opinion piece--that is not objective news, no matter what channel or paper it is from.

Abortions will always be legal, that will never change. As far as funding, any reduction in federal funding does not ban abortions. Government doesn't pay for everything.....yet.

Your link is to an opinion piece--that is not objective news, no matter what channel or paper it is from.

There are real efforts being made to ban abortions. If the next conservative president is able to appoint a supreme court justice, the stage has been set to bring up roe v wade.
The link I posted also offers facts. I'm not so big on the defunding of abortion clinics as much as I am that many states are putting impossible regulations on abortion clinics in order to push them out. So far, many of these efforts have been stopped in the courts. That won't stop some people from continuing to bring an all out ban on abortion. Ryan and AKin proposed a bill to redfine rape as forceable rape under the idea that women can not get pregnant if they have been raped. They want to eventually ban abortions without exceptions.

There are real efforts being made to ban abortions. If the next conservative president is able to appoint a supreme court justice, the stage has been set to bring up roe v wade.
The link I posted also offers facts. I'm not so big on the defunding of abortion clinics as much as I am that many states are putting impossible regulations on abortion clinics in order to push them out. So far, many of these efforts have been stopped in the courts. That won't stop some people from continuing to bring an all out ban on abortion. Ryan and AKin proposed a bill to redfine rape as forceable rape under the idea that women can not get pregnant if they have been raped. They want to eventually ban abortions without exceptions.

I know it's fun for Democrats to try to tie Akin and Ryan together, but the fact is Akin is an idiot (based on his rape remark), and Ryan is a competent, strong, assertive Congressman and VP candidate. They are not on the same wavelength, or in the same league. But again, I know it's fun for Democrats to try to tie them together, because this close to the election is crazy time.

I know it's fun for Democrats to try to tie Akin and Ryan together, but the fact is Akin is an idiot (based on his rape remark), and Ryan is a competent, strong, assertive Congressman and VP candidate. They are not on the same wavelength, or in the same league. But again, I know it's fun for Democrats to try to tie them together, because this close to the election is crazy time.

Democrats didn't tie Ryan and Akin together. Ryan tied himself to Akin by co-sponsering bills anti-aboriton bills with him. Ryan is a radical who bases his political ideology on Ayn Rand.

Democrats didn't tie Ryan and Akin together. Ryan tied himself to Akin by co-sponsering bills anti-aboriton bills with him. Ryan is a radical who bases his political ideology on Ayn Rand.

Oh, I see, they co-sponsored bills about abortion...so they are the same. :lol:

You know, I usually don't do this, but I have this year because of the desperate distraction the Democrats are clearly doing to avoid talking about Obama's record, but I am discussing abortion...and this year something new: birth control. I don't vote based on the abortion issue, and it is only this year the birth control thing came up because Obamacare's plethora of rules and tentacles. It is not the Republicans bringing up birth control, but it is Obamacare bringing up birth control.

Can the GOP survive?

Comments---------
The GOP will always survive as long as it continues to drift to the Left. The real question is "Can the Muslim Brotherhood thrive?"

Oh, I see, they co-sponsored bills about abortion...so they are the same. :lol:

You know, I usually don't do this, but I have this year because of the desperate distraction the Democrats are clearly doing to avoid talking about Obama's record, but I am discussing abortion...and this year something new: birth control. I don't vote based on the abortion issue, and it is only this year the birth control thing came up because Obamacare's plethora of rules and tentacles. It is not the Republicans bringing up birth control, but it is Obamacare bringing up birth control.

Wow, you have missed some news. The GOP has focused more on trying to pass bills to ban abortion than bills to fix the economy and address the need for jobs. I am more than willing to debate Obama's record. I think he has done a great jobs, especially given the obstrutionsim he has had to face with the GOP. Had be been able to get anything passed in congress concerning the economy and jobs, his record would look much better right now. Of course, Mitch McConnel did say the GOP's #1 priority was to make Obama a one term president. Obstructing progress on improving the economy would be one way to make sure Obama's record on the economy looked bad. But, inspite of all the obstruction he faced, the economy is growin and is better than it was 4 years ago.
Obama's foraign policies have been good, and he passed a health care bill that makes health care more affordable. There is a long list of achievements on Obama's record that prove he is a strong leader.

he wont win.. but our country will be quickly sliding toward France and the USA that was the world beacon will be gone and all freedom loving people will be in peril.. the Jihad will go into a more active and violent period..

the GOP will survive as Liberalism is a failure

Yawn. Poor Travis. He is going to be awfully depressed along with all the other righties come November.

Back
Top Bottom