• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Republicans are trying to strip power from Democratic governors-elect

I nowhere argued in favor of it. I said that when you lose elections, you have to put up with the consequences, good or bad. If you don't like it, stop losing.

Stop gerrymandering and we'll stop losing.

graph.jpg

I nowhere argued in favor of it. I said that when you lose elections, you have to put up with the consequences, good or bad. If you don't like it, stop losing.

And the consequences of elections is that the people of Wisconsin wanted a Democratic Governor and Attorney General, and you fully support Republicans in that state stripping the Democratically elected officials of their power in order to undermine the people.

You hate Democracy when it results in Republican losses.

Yes, you did. You just defended ballot harvesting, voter suppression laws, the peaceful transfer of power, kicking voters off of voter rolls and gerrymandering, and all under some vague notion that someone somewhere did it too. You have no principles and you hate Democracy. This is all about raw power for you.

You simply can't read can you? What I posted was that Dems have been doing all the stuff they're upset about themselves. I also said that cleaning voting rolls of ineligible voters is something we should all want. Ineligible voters. Get it? Your attacks against me are nonsense. The people interested in getting and keeping power forever are the Dems. They are so enraged at not having it that they've tried to destroy Trump for two years.

You simply can't read can you? What I posted was that Dems have been doing all the stuff they're upset about themselves. I also said that cleaning voting rolls of ineligible voters is something we should all want. Ineligible voters. Get it? Your attacks against me are nonsense. The people interested in getting and keeping power forever are the Dems. They are so enraged at not having ti that they've tried to destroy Trump for two years.

Yes, I saw your vague assertions about other people doing it too in order to make yourself feel better about raw attacks on Democratic norms. You hate Democracy.

And the consequences of elections is that the people of Wisconsin wanted a Democratic Governor and Attorney General, and you fully support Republicans in that state stripping the Democratically elected officials of their power in order to undermine the people.

You hate Democracy when it results in Republican losses.

You can't read. I nowhere said I supported it.

Yes, I saw your vague assertions about other people doing it too in order to make yourself feel better about raw attacks on Democratic norms. You hate Democracy.

I can only conclude that you have some reading comprehension problem. Pointing out that Democrats have done all the same things they whine about now, is simply a statement of fact. If you can't handle it, I don't know what else to tell you. Oh, and we don't have a democracy here. Never have.

You can't read. I nowhere said I supported it.

You defended multiple broad attacks on the bedrock of Democracy by referring to vague notions of "other people do it too." And then you hilariously say that elections have consequences while defending Republicans attacking the results of elections.

You have no position here, and you just hate Democracy.

I can only conclude that you have some reading comprehension problem. Pointing out that Democrats have done all the same things they whine about now, is simply a statement of fact. If you can't handle it, I don't know what else to tell you.

Your vague assertions of other people doing it too doesn't excuse you defending the undermining of the elections of Wisconsin.

It's really funny to wtach Democrats whine when Republicans act like Democrats.

{LAFFRIOT}

DEmocrats CRAVE those offices- they think they are the rightful owners because 'they care'.

Your vague assertions of other people doing it too doesn't excuse you defending the undermining of the elections of Wisconsin.

I didn't defend it and am not doing so now. I only pointed out Democrat hypocrisy and the danger of losing elections.

I didn't defend it and am not doing so now. I only pointed out Democrat hypocrisy and the danger of losing elections.

Do you or do you not support Republicans undermining the will of the people in Wisconsin?

Seriously do these people think nobody knows there history?

I don't think they do. I think many only know what's happened in the last couple years and what they've gleaned from CNN and MSNBC.

Do you or do you not support Republicans undermining the will of the people in Wisconsin?

I don't support anyone doing it, regardless of party.

Then just say that already instead of spouting pointless "elections have consequences" dribble for nearly ten pages.

How Republicans are trying to strip power from Democratic governors-elect

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

As with voter-suppression and cockneyed gerrymandering tactics, the GOP can't win without cheating at every level.

It's abundantly obvious that the GOP is the antithesis of a fair and functional democracy.

So if I am looking at this right this would curb the governor's ability to basically use executive orders to write laws and limit early voting to only two weeks before an election. I have no problem with this. Hopefully the republicans do not reverse this when their guy becomes governor again.

True but one of them has to set the example. I'm not sure either will do so.

Me as well. I'm not sure either will. In fact, I wouldn't put money on either party setting an example.

It isn't just the GOP and the Democratic Party. It is the electorate as well or actually, more so. Most people don't really care one way or the other. Most people are uninformed. Most people don't vote. And therein lies the problem. The People aren't even aware and don't care.

Self-rule, even a democratic republic, requires an informed electorate willing to participate even in the process of funding and governance. Voting would be the minimum that we owe each other if we are to govern ourselves. If the citizens of a democracy don't/won't participate something or someone will. In the United States something has.

The large majority of the US electorate is willfully uninformed and most often never shows up for anything if they don't see themselves as having skin in the game. Career politicians (my definition is anyone "serving" more than two terms) are all too aware of that fact. In essence, politicians are left to play their own game for the most part. Citizens are not as a rule going to vote them out of office. Hell, most constituents can't even name their own elected officials.

So if I am looking at this right this would curb the governor's ability to basically use executive orders to write laws and limit early voting to only two weeks before an election. I have no problem with this. Hopefully the republicans do not reverse this when their guy becomes governor again.

That doesn't justify stripping executive power away for purely partisan and petty reasons. The Republicans are showing contempt for democracy just because their guy did not win.

No. I simply pointed out a fact. Democrats accusing others of being hacks is humorous indeed.

so are you fine with that hard core republican gerrymander of Wisconsin those results showed in that graph I posted?

At least you're consistent.

so are you fine with that hard core republican gerrymander of Wisconsin those results showed in that graph I posted?

I already commented on gerrymandering. If it's bad when one side does it then it's bad altogether.

I already commented on gerrymandering. If it's bad when one side does it then it's bad altogether.

Then I take it you simply didn't know about the wisconsin gerrymander when you said this:

Back
Top Bottom