• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Republicans are trying to strip power from Democratic governors-elect

The GOP fascists in Wisconsin went ahead and **** all over Wisconsin voters.....

Republican-led Wisconsin legislature approves bills to diminish executive power after Democratic election wins

People of Wisconsin ..... it seems the only way to ensure your votes are respected in Madison is to vote the state GOP legislature totally out of office. Remember this in November 2020.

The same applies to Michiganders.....

In lame-duck push, Michigan Republicans vote to gut wage, paid leave laws

Your democracy-hating GOP thugs are tossing grenades into whatever they don't like on the way out.

I don’t think Cali needs more progressive legislation, their house is the poster (boy) and twelve other genders wearing knitted pink hats that is the mess. As for the OP, It’s called politics.

right - and you'd be perfectly fine if the democrats were doing this?? Why do I not buy that for a dollar.

CA is on the road to disaster. They are creating a feudal society with the elites on one end and the homeless and poor on the other with nothing between. It's regressive, not progressive.

Sad that you actually believe this.

So you're okay with Republicans' going for naked power grabs. Got it.

I'll remember this while California continues to pass progressive legislation with supermajorities in both legislative houses.

Why should they NOT exercise their power while they have it?

I don't know how much clearer it can get that Republicans despise Democracy.

They hate the very word, democracy. Theocracy and plutocracy can't work if people are allowed to choose their lawmakers. So, here we have the self-anointed ones rigging the system for their ilk.

Generally because this sort of thing is a weapon that with be turned back on them, and they are smart enough to see that far ahead. These folks just figure they can fill their pockets before that happens. You won't be so lucky, but they care nothing for you.

I haven't read every page of this thread, but Ill say it again if it has been said already. This Bill will be shot down in court if passed, it is completely unconstitutional. The christian taliban (Republicans) cheating at every level of Government. Ridiculous.

I already commented on gerrymandering. If it's bad when one side does it then it's bad altogether.

For once we agree with something, gerrymandering is bad no matter who does it, but you don't really think that. Like most trump cultists, it is do onto others and then complain if they do onto you. You are happy with gerrymandering as long as it is the GOP doing it.

Suppression!!! Russians!! Look, you lost because you had a crap nominee who couldn't keep up with Trump and people didn't want more Obama policies. That's the hard truth, whether you like it or not.

Again, Hillary got more votes than that creep Trump. that is what you can't get over. Your cult leader lost the popular vote, meaning more Americans wanted Clinton to be president than Trump. You are right about one thing, the people don't want Obama's policies, not because they went to far, but because they did not go far enough. They wanted a government option when it came to health care and maybe with the changes that have come and are coming in 2020, they will have Medicare for all.

Misinformed.

Yes, according to liberals everyone on the right is misinformed but liberals are right about everything. They complain about the Wisconsin thing but then, for the last four years, they have been the resistance against the will of the people. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The GOP fascists in Wisconsin went ahead and **** all over Wisconsin voters.....

Republican-led Wisconsin legislature approves bills to diminish executive power after Democratic election wins

People of Wisconsin ..... it seems the only way to ensure your votes are respected in Madison is to vote the state GOP legislature totally out of office. Remember this in November 2020.

The same applies to Michiganders.....

In lame-duck push, Michigan Republicans vote to gut wage, paid leave laws

Your democracy-hating GOP thugs are tossing grenades into whatever they don't like on the way out.

Republicans are absolute scum. Just utterly vile filth.

You've got tens of thousands of people living in tents and fouling their surroundings while tax payers pay for it. You have illegals pouring in and business owners leaving for greener pastures. The lib stranglehold on power in CA is only leading it to ruin.

So please explain why CA is doing so well in spite of you...........

Did I suggest it was ok? I’m thinking you are the last hold out with the knitted hat crew, you may want to research the leaders of that march and movement. Yes, it is ok when republicans do it, It’s called politics but according to you only one side gets to play that game.

Cha-ching—- it was my pleasure owning you.

Certainly aren't arguing against it. Threatened by liberals are you?? Or is it just women ie. knitted hat crew?? You may want to research the leaders of that march and movement - not from the right wing bias. I doubt it would help tho.

How Republicans are trying to strip power from Democratic governors-elect

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

As with voter-suppression and cockneyed gerrymandering tactics, the GOP can't win without cheating at every level.

It's abundantly obvious that the GOP is the antithesis of a fair and functional democracy.

This is normal. It goes both ways. Nobody wants to have the next guy come in and overturn everything they just did. Obama did the same thing and Democrats cheered.

If anyone is doing any subverting it's the GOP. WOW just WOW.

Wow. Just wow. Voters threw out over 1000 Democrats and replaced them with Republicans, not only federally but state wide over the last eight years. And yet with a Republican House and Senate, Obama and Democrats ran the country against the will of the people and they have continued with that now that we have a Republican president, House, and Senate. Resistance is paramount. Democrats collectively said, "screw the will of the voters". And now you are crying over one state.

So you're okay with Republicans' going for naked power grabs. Got it.

I'll remember this while California continues to pass progressive legislation with supermajorities in both legislative houses.

Pfff California!!!!

Punch of Liberal ******s...Right now they have 436 billion surplus which half goes to reserve and 181 left over for spending...Now the big fight is how to spend it!!!

meanwhile fiscally conservative Kentucky, with low taxes that will create jobs are struggling to keep schools open 5 days a week!

Diving Mullah

This is normal. It goes both ways. Nobody wants to have the next guy come in and overturn everything they just did. Obama did the same thing and Democrats cheered.

Link? Either give a link showing Obama "did the same" or just shut up.

Wow. Just wow. Voters threw out over 1000 Democrats and replaced them with Republicans, not only federally but state wide over the last eight years. And yet with a Republican House and Senate, Obama and Democrats ran the country against the will of the people and they have continued with that now that we have a Republican president, House, and Senate. Resistance is paramount. Democrats collectively said, "screw the will of the voters". And now you are crying over one state.

All done with GOP gerrymandering. Get over it, the GOP is sliding down hill. they tied themselves to a dead horse in Trump.

For once we agree with something, gerrymandering is bad no matter who does it, but you don't really think that. Like most trump cultists, it is do onto others and then complain if they do onto you. You are happy with gerrymandering as long as it is the GOP doing it.

You have no idea what I think until I tell you and I just did. If that's not good enough for you, then don't respond to me.

Again, Hillary got more votes than that creep Trump. that is what you can't get over. Your cult leader lost the popular vote, meaning more Americans wanted Clinton to be president than Trump. You are right about one thing, the people don't want Obama's policies, not because they went to far, but because they did not go far enough. They wanted a government option when it came to health care and maybe with the changes that have come and are coming in 2020, they will have Medicare for all.

Socialized medicine is a disaster. It's the VA for all. No thanks. Oh, and the popular vote is meaningless if you pile it all up in a couple states. The founders didn't want that type of system so we don't have it.

Socialized medicine is a disaster. It's the VA for all. No thanks. Oh, and the popular vote is meaningless if you pile it all up in a couple states. The founders didn't want that type of system so we don't have it.

Appeal to authority of those who died 250+ years ago and lived in a completely different time is a pretty weak argument.

It's not a disaster when you do it right.

The founders didn't want women to vote, so I really don't give two ****s about their personal opinion on a system that didn't exist in their time.

Back
Top Bottom