• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First known armed services religious exemptions to COVID vaccine granted

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

The Marine Corps has approved two requests to service members who are refusing the COVID-19 vaccine on religious grounds, marking what are believed to be the first known religious exemptions granted across all the armed services — out of thousands of requests.
The Pentagon has maintained the services would consider religious grounds for refusing the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine lawful order, but until now, no requests are known to have been granted. The majority of service members are fully vaccinated, but some are still seeking exemptions.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin mandated the COVID-19 vaccine in September but allowed the services to come up with their own implementation deadlines and plans to process exemption requests.

The article does not specify which religions it granted the exemptions for.

The Marine Corps has approved two requests to service members who are refusing the COVID-19 vaccine on religious grounds, marking what are believed to be the first known religious exemptions granted across all the armed services — out of thousands of requests.
The Pentagon has maintained the services would consider religious grounds for refusing the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine lawful order, but until now, no requests are known to have been granted. The majority of service members are fully vaccinated, but some are still seeking exemptions.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin mandated the COVID-19 vaccine in September but allowed the services to come up with their own implementation deadlines and plans to process exemption requests.

I want to know what their "scripture" says specifically ABOUT VACCINES and why they are considered "unholy" and against God.

The press does its job. LOL

No, their god damn religion does not prevent them from taking vaccines. These people are liars and should be terminated from the service. Nowhere in the bible is anti-vaxxing mentioned and if your god was real, he'd be the one who unleashed the virus on us and is doing nothing as we all suffer.

This is about as stupid and dishonest as trying to say taxes are against your religion so you shouldn't have to pay them, or speed limits are against your religion so you shouldn't be confined by them. **** their fake feelings.

I want to know what their "scripture" says specifically ABOUT VACCINES and why they are considered "unholy" and against God.

I have read that some are using the excuse that aborted fetal cells were used (somehow) in the development of the vaccine. Whether that is true and whether that upsets their god is debatable, but if one professes to believe that to be true and against their god’s wishes it would appear to be a valid religious objection.

I have read that some are using the excuse that aborted fetal cells were used (somehow) in the development of the vaccine. Whether that is true and whether that upsets their god is debatable, but if one professes to believe that to be true and against their god’s wishes it would appear to be a valid religious objection.

No "cells" of any kind, human or otherwise, are used in the vaccines selected by the military.
They are mRNA vaccines, 100% synthetic, and this thread is not the place to launch a 50 thousand word treatise on how mRNA technology works but if you're interested, by all means learn all you can about
the mRNA vaccines on your own time so that you can then apply critical thinking to the religious objections of these clowns, which are obviously baseless if they are rooted in objections to fetal tissue.

And if the military ever DOES use an adenovaccine like J&J, the religious objectors could ask for a mRNA vaccine and satisfy the scriptural prohibitions on fetal cells because J&J is the only adenovaccine in this country.

No "cells" of any kind, human or otherwise, are used in the vaccines selected by the military.
They are mRNA vaccines, 100% synthetic, and this thread is not the place to launch a 50 thousand word treatise on how mRNA technology works but if you're interested, by all means learn all you can about
the mRNA vaccines on your own time so that you can then apply critical thinking to the religious objections of these clowns, which are obviously baseless if they are rooted in objections to fetal tissue.

And if the military ever DOES use an adenovaccine like J&J, the religious objectors could ask for a mRNA vaccine and satisfy the scriptural prohibitions on fetal cells because J&J is the only adenovaccine in this country.

The OP article does not include any specifics about the nature of the religious objection(s) which were deemed acceptable (valid?). I just supplied what I had read in other sources as the basis for a religious objection.

The OP article does not include any specifics about the nature of the religious objection(s) which were deemed acceptable (valid?). I just supplied what I had read in other sources as the basis for a religious objection.

I understand, but so far, if there are synthetic vaccines available, any scriptural nonsense about fetal tissue falls flat on its face.
Worst case scenario, objectors would have to be transported to the nearest military facility that has mRNA vaccine storage so they don't have to take the J&J adeno-vax.

No, their god damn religion does not prevent them from taking vaccines. These people are liars and should be terminated from the service. Nowhere in the bible is anti-vaxxing mentioned and if your god was real, he'd be the one who unleashed the virus on us and is doing nothing as we all suffer.

This is about as stupid and dishonest as trying to say taxes are against your religion so you shouldn't have to pay them, or speed limits are against your religion so you shouldn't be confined by them. **** their fake feelings.
Assuming its a Christian religion; still waiting to hear what belief the exemption was granted under.

"I'm afraid of needles, so I will claim a religious exception"

Assuming its a Christian religion; still waiting to hear what belief the exemption was granted under.
I understand, but so far, if there are synthetic vaccines available, any scriptural nonsense about fetal tissue falls flat on its face.
Worst case scenario, objectors would have to be transported to the nearest military facility that has mRNA vaccine storage so they don't have to take the J&J adeno-vax.
I've reviewed the holy texts and guess what, there's no mention of vaccines or even abortions. This is 100% fabricated and not a genuine religious belief.

Thousands of people all over the country have gotten exemptions. When the newspapers started telling us that no religious exemptions had been granted in years, suddenly the military found a sincere objection. LOL

They're not being smart but they've found a legal way to weasel out of it. I just read yesterday about a woman active in the GOP that got a religious exemption and died of Covid. She was a strident anti vaxxer, too. Both political and religious objections, I'd say.

I've reviewed the holy texts and guess what, there's no mention of vaccines or even abortions. This is 100% fabricated and not a genuine religious belief.
Im no theologian; I dont claim to understand any one religion let alone the hundreds or thousands in the world...I dont follow what does not make sense to me.

After all the death and destruction in the name of god, I kind of doubt anything upsets it......

Yes, apparently fetal cells lines from 70's & 80's were used in the development of the vaccines. Just as is done with many other vaccines. But, there's no fetal material used in the manufacturing process. They were only used as part of the R & D effort.

BTW - The Holy See has signed-off on the vaccines, so Catholics can't get a CO on it. But, maybe some other denomination may?

Religious grounds? What am I missing? Does their religion allow them to kill but not take a vaccine?

What? All one has to do is believe it's true to make it a valid claim? So does that mean the folks who believe trump is still president, makes him the president because they believe it to be true against the mountain of evidence that says no, he is not president?

If those two soldiers do not want to comply a discharge should be in order.
I know when I was standing in line at bootcamp with my sleeves pulled up and getting umpteen shots in the arms 1 or 2 at a time as I would step forward, that I didn't have any say in it at that point.

Religious grounds? What am I missing? Does their religion allow them to kill but not take a vaccine?
I do not have a clue on the subject...I am just as curious as everyone else to know why the exemption was granted.

Back
Top Bottom