• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough with the protests

And that's a lie. But, it's the root of your ideology. Right?

Regardless, only a ****ing low-life piece of **** would destroy the property of innocent citizens because he's mad at the government.

What lie?

You have been an unwavering defender of the officers in the Floyd incident. At every opportunity, you have attempted to make what happened to George Floyd nobodys fault but his, and that is simply not an accurate representation of what happened. High or otherwise, we have to consider what it was that brought the cops to the situation to begin with, which was the alleged passing of a fake bill. Last time I checked, that crime doesn't carry the penalty of death, and as such, it can be plainly stated that the officers grossly overreacted and that the incident didn't have to happen that way.

Usually, when someone defends something as vociferously as you have, it can be assumed they are in support of the action.

That all said, if you don't want to be accused of being okay with a guy dying for passing a fake bill, don't defend those who killed him as boisterously as you have. Not that hard.

As for your last sentence.....you are correct. But then again, you can't go back and find me ever defending those who have been looting and burning ****, so theres that....

One of the practices of the old DOJ was to investigate instances of civil rights abuses and instances of police brutality. Shocker alert: those investigations don't happen much these days.

Thank Jeff Sessions for that. Arguably the most racist senator in the senate before he became AG. In his little pee brain mind, I am sure he figures every black man eliminated is a plus for the country. There are many more like him out there.

Now you want the federal government to control the cities?

No one said anything about control. You can't have a local jurisdiction investigating the same PD that serves them. The FBI needs to take over the really serious cases and hold the cops to account. We used to do that, at least civilly. Now it's the Trump way or the highway. Not for long.

It isn't going to stop until Trump is gone, and if he gets another four years, it's going to get worse, and if he cracks down, it's going to get even worse, and if he cracks down harder, guess what?

It's going to get even worse.

You might as well face the fact that there aren't enough cops, military, little green men, contractors, bikers or armed rednecks to even stop a fraction of what is surely coming. In case you haven't figured it out yet, we're armed, too.
The only difference is, we won't be showing up "in uniform". You won't even hear or see us until it is too late.

All of this is happening on Trump's watch because Trump and Trumpism is enabling the kind of conduct that causes this.

It's enough already, as far as I am concerned.

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

All I have to say about the matter is that it will only go away once police stop killing unarmed black people

No one said anything about control. You can't have a local jurisdiction investigating the same PD that serves them. The FBI needs to take over the really serious cases and hold the cops to account. We used to do that, at least civilly. Now it's the Trump way or the highway. Not for long.

Why can't you have the same local jurisdiction investigating the same PD that serves them?

Haven't you ever heard of Internal Affairs? That's the local equivalent to a federal Inspector General.

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

The protests will stop when the injustice stops.

Why can't you have the same local jurisdiction investigating the same PD that serves them?

Haven't you ever heard of Internal Affairs? That's the local equivalent to a federal Inspector General.

Cops investigating cops and giving them paid vacations while it happens. It is inadequate.

I wonder if someone, anyone mentions the latest shooting at the convention tonight...

Cops investigating cops and giving them paid vacations while it happens. It is inadequate.

Perhaps. It's a matter of opinion.

But the federal government taking control is NOT the answer.

I wonder if someone, anyone mentions the latest shooting at the convention tonight...

I would. I would be asking why there are no Democrats condemning the riots.

The protests will stop when the injustice stops.

No it won't.

The anarchists have tasted blood. They won't give up their burning, destroying, looting and assaults.

Yeah, because investigating the guy you are probably gonna be playing PAL softball with on Friday is gonna go so well, right?

See, that is the problem. There is no incentive for a police department to find fault with anything the people in that department have done because it opens them to legal action, and that isn't good for the bottom line. Instead, we pay a guy for being bad at his job for a while and put him back in rotation once the heat dies down.

Heres the funny thing....we always hear about the pasts of the victims in these situations, but never hear about the fact that the majority of officers involved in these situations, its not thier first time either. Its amazing that patterns of behavior only matter for the usually dead guy, but not for that guy that killed them.

What lie?

You have been an unwavering defender of the officers in the Floyd incident. At every opportunity, you have attempted to make what happened to George Floyd nobodys fault but his, and that is simply not an accurate representation of what happened. High or otherwise, we have to consider what it was that brought the cops to the situation to begin with, which was the alleged passing of a fake bill. Last time I checked, that crime doesn't carry the penalty of death, and as such, it can be plainly stated that the officers grossly overreacted and that the incident didn't have to happen that way.

Usually, when someone defends something as vociferously as you have, it can be assumed they are in support of the action.

That all said, if you don't want to be accused of being okay with a guy dying for passing a fake bill, don't defend those who killed him as boisterously as you have. Not that hard.

As for your last sentence.....you are correct. But then again, you can't go back and find me ever defending those who have been looting and burning ****, so theres that....

There's another lie. :lamo

One big...mother****ing...lie. I mean, a big ass lie. Can't help yourself. Can you?

Before you go any further, quote me where I "have been an unwavering defender of the officers in the Floyd incident. At every opportunity, you have attempted to make what happened to George Floyd nobodys fault but his..." When you can't, it'll prove just how much you lied.

Perhaps. It's a matter of opinion.

But the federal government taking control is NOT the answer.

No, it's not a matter of opinion. The current system is so inadequate as to be outright monstrous.

The Democrats already have a bill that will change the way police shooting are handled nationwide. Until we get Moscow Mitch out of that job, the republicans (Your People) are effectively pushing the protesters.

Republicans won't change the laws, protesters wont stop. It's just that simple.

You got a link to that bill?

No it won't.

The anarchists have tasted blood. They won't give up their burning, destroying, looting and assaults.

You watch too many cartoons on Saturday morning.

Yeah, because investigating the guy you are probably gonna be playing PAL softball with on Friday is gonna go so well, right?

See, that is the problem. There is no incentive for a police department to find fault with anything the people in that department have done because it opens them to legal action, and that isn't good for the bottom line. Instead, we pay a guy for being bad at his job for a while and put him back in rotation once the heat dies down.

Heres the funny thing....we always hear about the pasts of the victims in these situations, but never hear about the fact that the majority of officers involved in these situations, its not thier first time either. Its amazing that patterns of behavior only matter for the usually dead guy, but not for that guy that killed them.

You do know that Internal Affairs people are NOT people the rank and file police play softball with, right? IA is not known for giving cops a break.

You watch too many cartoons on Saturday morning.

Tell that to people who live in Portland. They've been putting up with riots for years. The anarchists have given no indication they are winding down, either.

Well, nothing has changed yet, so the protests will continue.

You do know that Internal Affairs people are NOT people the rank and file police play softball with, right? IA is not known for giving cops a break.

IA isn't known for giving a cop a break for clocking in and then going home. This much is true. Or dipping illegally into the pension fund. Not gonna fly.

IA is usually one step short of being silent when it comes to cops whooping citizens asses or worse, for the reasons that I already gave you.

Well, nothing has changed yet, so the protests will continue.

Great. And they will get Trump reelected.

You and the brood are genius.

You'll get real police change with 4 more years of Trump.

There's another lie. :lamo

One big...mother****ing...lie. I mean, a big ass lie. Can't help yourself. Can you?

Before you go any further, quote me where I "have been an unwavering defender of the officers in the Floyd incident. At every opportunity, you have attempted to make what happened to George Floyd nobodys fault but his..." When you can't, it'll prove just how much you lied.

I have to apologize. I had you mixed up with another poster from a different thread.

I see clearly that you didn't support what the cops did and were merely trying to point out that you thought they may have overcharged him.

You have my sincerest apologies once again.

Back
Top Bottom