• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough with the protests

I have to apologize. I had you mixed up with another poster from a different thread.

I see clearly that you didn't support what the cops did and were merely trying to point out that you thought they may have overcharged him.

You have my sincerest apologies once again.

See? I knew you wouldn't quote me. Why? Because no such posts, by me, exist.

Told you you were lying. Now, you're going to try and lie your ass out of it by saying you confused me with someone else.

See? I knew you wouldn't quote me. Why? Because no such posts, by me, exist.

Told you you were lying. Now, you're going to try and lie your ass out of it by saying you confused me with someone else.

Look, you got what you were gonna get from me. I was wrong, and said as much. It was a mistake. I owned it. You want to keep being an ass about it, feel free....but my conscience is clear because I owned my mistake and openly admitted it. Hell, I didn't even send you a PM...I did it in the open because thats what a man does. I maligned you in public and I apologized and said I was wrong the same way.

For what its worth, you DID start the thread in question....I simply mistook someone elses post for yours and ran with it. That is my mistake. There, I said it again.

It's enough already, as far as I am concerned.

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

Now they are harrassing people while they eat and are forcing them to raise their hands in suport. At this point Im pretty sure democrats know they have elected Trump for us. Arm up people. If anyone attacks you dont hesitate to defend yourself.

Look, you got what you were gonna get from me. I was wrong, and said as much. It was a mistake. I owned it. You want to keep being an ass about it, feel free....but my conscience is clear because I owned my mistake and openly admitted it. Hell, I didn't even send you a PM...I did it in the open because thats what a man does. I maligned you in public and I apologized and said I was wrong the same way.

For what its worth, you DID start the thread in question....I simply mistook someone elses post for yours and ran with it. That is my mistake. There, I said it again.

Because you know you got caught lying. :lamo

Because you know you got caught lying. :lamo

Why does a mistake have to be a lie?

Lots of people are involved in lots of threads on this site. Mixing them up can and does happen. Ive been mistake for Bullseye before. Doesn't mean the person who did so was lying.

You want to be a petty ass about it after I manned up, cool. Its your right. I just feel sorry for you that you can't accept an apology without being a dick.

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

I think there’s is abuse, but the racial aspect is minimal. The police abuse everyone. At least a significant minority of them do. If we stripped the unions of their power to protect bad cops and this problem would likely self correct.

I would. I would be asking why there are no Democrats condemning the riots.

This came out on the 13th and you'll see the same thing about the current rioting too. Fact check: Democrats have condemned violence linked to BLM, anti-fascist protests

One group mistreatment by the hands of another causing riots, isn't that what the British forgot? Seven rounds in the back from about four feet. We'll probably hear the classic story, "I thought he was reaching for a weapon and I felt threatened". It works 8 out of 10 times.

In a statement, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said: "This morning, the nation wakes up yet again with grief and outrage that yet another Black American is a victim of excessive force."

This came out on the 13th and you'll see the same thing about the current rioting too. Fact check: Democrats have condemned violence linked to BLM, anti-fascist protests

One group mistreatment by the hands of another causing riots, isn't that what the British forgot? Seven rounds in the back from about four feet. We'll probably hear the classic story, "I thought he was reaching for a weapon and I felt threatened". It works 8 out of 10 times.

In a statement, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said: "This morning, the nation wakes up yet again with grief and outrage that yet another Black American is a victim of excessive force."

Let me know when Biden condemns BLM for the arson, destruction and looting.

Speaking of Biden, how does he know there was excessive force used? Has there been a report from investigators released? Does Biden have advance knowledge of what that report contains?

Or is he just pandering to BLM while they destroy another city.

If certain young gentlemen would behave themselves instead of being defiant and violent, these civilian-cop incidents would seldom occur.

But based on history, certain young gentlemen will never change.

So I am assuming that there will continue to be similar incidents even during the Biden-Harris administration.

In short, this situation is intractable.

If certain young gentlemen would behave themselves instead of being defiant and violent, these civilian-cop incidents would seldom occur.

But based on history, certain young gentlemen will never change.

So I am assuming that there will continue to be similar incidents even during the Biden-Harris administration.

In short, this situation is intractable.

Based on history we're going to defeat and subjugate white wing culture.

Everyone pay attention... hear this... stop the protesting, no more looting and setting fires, no more talky-talky... noonereal has had enough!

(that ought to do it.)

I think hes talking for the majority of the people

Yes, I support the protests going on because until systemic racism stops, the protests must not stop. To stop them is like the people who are anti-trumpers (like myself) stopping trying to get him out simply because we are tired of talking about how bad Trump is.

What does need to stop are the riots. They are not statements of protests but criminal acts..........just like the police killing Floyd and shooting Blake 7 times in the back. Then again, how can both of these actions stop? There will always be people that "use" problems to their personal advantage. It is human nature, especially in countries where greed exists in great numbers. I mean, Trump is doing the same exact thing. He is using the ills of the country to his personal advantage. He may not be breaking store fronts and robbing TV's but he is rioting in his own way by wrecking people's lives with hate, fear, and aggressive behavior.

There is no difference between rioters using problems to their personal benefit and Trump using the nations problems to this own personal benefit.

You are frustrated with the protests and riots. I am frustrated with the Trump supporters being blind and enabling Trump to do what he wants.

Last edited:
Yes, I support the protests going on because until systemic racism stops, the protests must not stop. To stop them is like the people who are anti-trumpers (like myself) stopping trying to get him out simply because we are tired of talking about how bad Trump is.

What does need to stop are the riots. They are not statements of protests but criminal acts..........just like the police killing Floyd and shooting Blake 7 times in the back. Then again, how can both of these actions stop? There will always be people that "use" problems to their personal advantage. It is human nature, especially in countries where greed exists in great numbers. I mean, Trump is doing the same exact thing. He is using the ills of the country to his personal advantage. He may not be breaking store fronts and robbing TV's but he is rioting in his own way by wrecking people's lives with hate, fear, and aggressive behavior.

There is no difference between rioters using problems to their personal benefit and Trump using the nations problems to this own personal benefit.

You are frustrated with the protests and riots. I am frustrated with the Trump supporters being blind and enabling Trump to do what he wants.

until systemic racism stops

How about affirmative action? The other racism

How about affirmative action? The other racism

First of all, let me once again say..............."nothing is ever perfect. Humans are fallible and that means that you can always find something wrong (and right) in everything.

Affirmative action is not racism. Affirmative action is an attempt at fairness. Having said that, the thing that can be considered wrong about Affirmative Action is that is does tend to discriminate because meeting a quota of color or gender will prevent in some cases the better qualified person from getting the job simply because the quota requires something different.

Nonetheless, it is NOT racism at all. It is about trying to be fair to the what the population diversity of the country is.

As I have often said before. perfection can never be accomplished. What needs to be done is to decide which programs do more good than bad and Affirmative Action does more good than bad. As such, it should be adopted by everyone.

This is like marriage. Each person in the marriage brings something positive and negative to the table. You accept both if you want to get married. If you don't accept both good and bad, the only other thing to do is not get married. If you don't like being in a marriage, then you go to your own private island and live by yourself.

Tell that to people who live in Portland. They've been putting up with riots for years. The anarchists have given no indication they are winding down, either.

The injustice has been going on for far longer :shrug:

First of all, let me once again say..............."nothing is ever perfect. Humans are fallible and that means that you can always find something wrong (and right) in everything.

Affirmative action is not racism. Affirmative action is an attempt at fairness. Having said that, the thing that can be considered wrong about Affirmative Action is that is does tend to discriminate because meeting a quota of color or gender will prevent in some cases the better qualified person from getting the job simply because the quota requires something different.

Nonetheless, it is NOT racism at all. It is about trying to be fair to the what the population diversity of the country is.

As I have often said before. perfection can never be accomplished. What needs to be done is to decide which programs do more good than bad and Affirmative Action does more good than bad. As such, it should be adopted by everyone.

This is like marriage. Each person in the marriage brings something positive and negative to the table. You accept both if you want to get married. If you don't accept both good and bad, the only other thing to do is not get married. If you don't like being in a marriage, then you go to your own private island and live by yourself.

*ahem*

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT REQUIRE QUOTAS

*ahem*

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT REQUIRE QUOTAS

I apologize for using the word "quota" as it is not the perfect definition. Nonetheless, in many ways it is given that equal opportunity is given to all based on color, religion and gender.

What it really means to me is that if a company has only White men working but they are hit with an Affirmative Action lawsuit, it means they do not have equality in the company as to color, gender, or religion. In this case, they would be forced to hire a woman, a minority, and someone of another religion than the one prevalent in the company. To me, this means "fill the quota".

Feel free to disagree.

I apologize for using the word "quota" as it is not the perfect definition. Nonetheless, in many ways it is given that equal opportunity is given to all based on color, religion and gender.

What it really means to me is that if a company has only White men working but they are hit with an Affirmative Action lawsuit, it means they do not have equality in the company as to color, gender, or religion. In this case, they would be forced to hire a woman, a minority, and someone of another religion than the one prevalent in the company. To me, this means "fill the quota".

Feel free to disagree.

That is not how it works at all. You're entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

That is not how it works at all. You're entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

Well, then tell me how it works. Perhaps you have a better definition than what I got from Google.

Well, then tell me how it works. Perhaps you have a better definition than what I got from Google.

There is no part of Affirmative Action that "forces a company to hire a woman or minority."

There is no part of Affirmative Action that "forces a company to hire a woman or minority."

This is the definition of Affirmative Action

The purpose of affirmative action is to establish fair access to employment opportunities to create a workforce that is an accurate reflection of the demographics of the qualified available workforce in the relevant job market.

Here is how companies are held accountable for Affirmative Action failures

Theoretically, companies with the most robust affirmative action programs will boast employee profile breakdowns that most accurately reflect the broader labor pools available to them. And while affirmative action has its share of detractors, an organization’s failure to comply with equal opportunity laws can result in costly financial and legal penalties.

OFCCP conducts compliance reviews to study the employment practices of government-contracted businesses. During a compliance review, a compliance officer may scrutinize a contractor's affirmative action program by looking at personnel rosters, payroll figures and other records in addition to interviewing staffers and management executives. If problems are discovered, OFCCP will recommend corrective action and suggest ways to achieve the desired equal employment opportunity

...Let me know when Biden condemns BLM for the arson, destruction and looting....

I will when you let me know when Trump acknowledges all the protesters are not rioters and mentions the last two victims names. I wish Biden had condemned the rioting yesterday, hopefully today, or if not tomorrow. And I'm sure you feel the same way about Trump needing to mention black suffering, whether he believes it's caused by systemic racism or not.

...Speaking of Biden, how does he know there was excessive force used? Has there been a report from investigators released? Does Biden have advance knowledge of what that report contains?...

Biden has post knowledge of what that video contains just like everyone who've watched it. I'm sure there were conservatives who watched the famous video of the Robert Kennedy assassination, but told everyone to wait for the official report before they admitted Christian militant Sirhan Sirhan used excessive force.

...Or is he just pandering to BLM while they destroy another city.

Oh come on, destroy a city? :roll: Are they going to destroy America next week? Lets keep this exchange somewhere near reality. Conservatives are trying to divide black and white based on old assumptions and prejudices that are finally starting to diminish however slowly. Vilifying the BLM won't help conservatives win over the majority of Americans who acknowledge systemic racism exists.

"...It’s also the change in public opinion: 76 percent of Americans now say racial discrimination in the US is a big problem,..."

...Protests? There are no protests. They are anarchist riots...

GettyImages-1249624304 reduced.jpg

...And no...there is no systemic police abuse of blacks.

Systemic racism goes way beyond the police and as more and more Americans wake up to that fact (see above) fewer and fewer will be in denial...

Back
Top Bottom