• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough with the protests

one thing lost in all this as that police abuse all, not just blacks (I don't want that lost in all this)

I want the protests over because we are in the midst of a pandemic, they snarl traffic and they are used to cloak violence in many areas. They are doing more to enable Trump's reelection than anything Trump is doing with his campaign.
The protests are not spreading SARS-CoV-2. That is solidly understood by now based on the evidence. It is probably because they are held outside, and enough people wear masks and take sufficient precautions.

The protests are not "cloaking violence." Any time there is any violence at a protest, the police -- who act more like counter-protesters than like law enforcement -- and right-wing media are all over it like white on rice.

"Snarling traffic?" Seriously?

Despite some claims about what happened in '72, there is no indication they will drive anyone towards Trump. His approval rating and poll numbers didn't soar when the protests started, and they haven't budged since. The public overwhelmingly supports the protesters. And of course, if the protests were no longer happening, Fox News would find excuses to show footage of old protests and unrest for months anyway.

I might add that the protesters don't have an obligation to give up on justice because some centrists are wringing their hands.

The protests probably would have started to peter out by now, but some police officers said, "Hey, I have an idea, let's remind everybody why people are protesting about police brutality." So they went to a "domestic disturbance" where two women were arguing and a man was breaking it up. The cops pulled their guns on the man, and when he said "Oh to hell with this" and went back to his car, they shot in the back seven times.

And America said, "Oh yeah, that's why there have been Black Lives Matter protests. It's been a couple weeks so I forgot."

Did you ever think that if these Covid spreading BLM events petered out on their own less black people would get shot? You have to think police are on edge after what they have watched or had to regulate personally over the last few months.

1) Stay at home
2) don't resist arrest...Better yet, don't commit crimes.
3) follow the directions of the officer.

If we can do this we will see a significant drop in police involved shootings.

Police have a very difficult job. Please don't make it more difficult for them. Whether you're black or white listen to what the officer says and you'll probably get through it. What they show on TV is just for ratings. They would never show the great work police do.

There is a lot of change needed.

It is not as bad as it was but things need to continue to improve.

It's enough already, as far as I am concerned.

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

Stop the shooting and killings of black Americans by the cops, and that will stop the protests. How can the protests stop, when every week or so another racist pig shoots or kills a black American for no good reason. You've had enough? How about black parents burying their children who are lynched by the racist police force on American soil. Get real! :roll:

I'm sure that millions of Americans will suddenly stop caring about justice to accommodate you.

I mean, seriously, is your life in any way, shape or form directly impacted by the protests?

I know that there is system police abuse of blacks but this point was long ago made.
Yes, and all those problems that were causing all those problems a whopping 6 weeks ago are now fixed!

We can tell, because Jacob Blake was an unarmed black man who was trying to break up a fight between two women, and was shot in the back seven times by a white police officer while opening the door of his car. Oh, wait....

I support peaceful protest. There is definitely systemic police brutality, a result of decades of racism; a lack of police training; police unions doing everything they can to prevent officers from being held accountable; prosecutors who rely on police and are afraid to hold them accountable; police that are terrified of an armed public...

Very little has been done to actually address any of the problems that are the focus of the protests. So why, exactly, do you think the protests ought to stop? Do you think the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s decided to wrap things up after 2 months?

Destroying private property isn't justice.

The protests are not spreading SARS-CoV-2. That is solidly understood by now based on the evidence. It is probably because they are held outside, and enough people wear masks and take sufficient precautions.

The protests are not "cloaking violence." Any time there is any violence at a protest, the police -- who act more like counter-protesters than like law enforcement -- and right-wing media are all over it like white on rice.

"Snarling traffic?" Seriously?

Despite some claims about what happened in '72, there is no indication they will drive anyone towards Trump. His approval rating and poll numbers didn't soar when the protests started, and they haven't budged since. The public overwhelmingly supports the protesters. And of course, if the protests were no longer happening, Fox News would find excuses to show footage of old protests and unrest for months anyway.

I might add that the protesters don't have an obligation to give up on justice because some centrists are wringing their hands.

WTF dude?

Honest, you seem nice and reasoned but totally naive.

Peace

Stop the shooting and killings of black Americans by the cops, and that will stop the protests. How can the protests stop, when every week or so another racist pig shoots or kills a black American for no good reason. You've had enough? How about black parents burying their children who are lynched by the racist police force on American soil. Get real! :roll:

Oh, you are the left equivalent of the nutjob TRumpet.

God Bless.

Dude, the correct course is always in the middle.

Yes, and all those problems that were causing all those problems a whopping 6 weeks ago are now fixed!

We can tell, because Jacob Blake was an unarmed black man who was trying to break up a fight between two women, and was shot in the back seven times by a white police officer while opening the door of his car. Oh, wait....

I support peaceful protest. There is definitely systemic police brutality, a result of decades of racism; a lack of police training; police unions doing everything they can to prevent officers from being held accountable; prosecutors who rely on police and are afraid to hold them accountable; police that are terrified of an armed public...

Very little has been done to actually address any of the problems that are the focus of the protests. So why, exactly, do you think the protests ought to stop? Do you think the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s decided to wrap things up after 2 months?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one thing lost in all this as that police abuse all, not just blacks (I don't want that lost in all this)

I want the protests over because we are in the midst of a pandemic, they snarl traffic and they are used to cloak violence in many areas. They are doing more to enable Trump's reelection than anything Trump is doing with his campaign.[/QUOTE]

Trump is being helped and by golly in Democrats cities too. Democrats operate as if totally ignorant.

I got in today mail a survey from the Trump Campaign so I filled it out and mailed it fast. So they know I approve their path so far.

There is a lot of change needed.

It is not as bad as it was but things need to continue to improve.

One of the practices of the old DOJ was to investigate instances of civil rights abuses and instances of police brutality. Shocker alert: those investigations don't happen much these days.

Did you ever think that if these Covid spreading BLM events petered out on their own less black people would get shot? You have to think police are on edge after what they have watched or had to regulate personally over the last few months.

1) Stay at home
2) don't resist arrest...Better yet, don't commit crimes.
3) follow the directions of the officer.

If we can do this we will see a significant drop in police involved shootings.

Blacks will suffer far more deaths due to their protests promoting COVID 19 than the deaths of all cops shooting totally.

One of the practices of the old DOJ was to investigate instances of civil rights abuses and instances of police brutality. Shocker alert: those investigations don't happen much these days.

Blacks will prevent crimes by stopping committing crimes. Crimes attract cops.

Police have a very difficult job. Please don't make it more difficult for them. Whether you're black or white listen to what the officer says and you'll probably get through it. What they show on TV is just for ratings. They would never show the great work police do.

I get that police have hard job. That being what it is, I personally think that there needs to be reform in the departments themselves, starting with hiring. It takes a special kind of person to be a good cop, and I don't think they do a good enough job of vetting potential candidates. Beyond that, I think they also need to have a different process for dealing with on the job shootings. This whole process of the department investigating its own has to stop. They have a vested interest to NOT find any wrongdoing from thier officers. To do so would highlight the first problem I brought up.

As for the videos I provided...these are courtesy of the departments in question. They aren't sensationalized by the media. They provide the story as at least one officer in each instance saw it go down. That they don't show the officers treating white "perps" the same way they treat black ones is the problem, not that they exist in the first place.

Destroying private property isn't justice.

Neither is dying for allegedly passing a fake $20, but you are in total support of that....so forgive me if I question your view of what might be just.

Neither is dying for allegedly passing a fake $20, but you are in total support of that....so forgive me if I question your view of what might be just.

They know if a $20 is fake or real. Drugged up blacks clearly did not notice. Dying was for his fighting the cops.

Remember how Wyatt Earp used to do it?

And that's a lie. But, it's the root of your ideology. Right?

Regardless, only a ****ing low-life piece of **** would destroy the property of innocent citizens because he's mad at the government.

And that's a lie. But, it's the root of your ideology. Right?

Regardless, only a ****ing low-life piece of **** would destroy the property of innocent citizens because he's mad at the government.

hate much?

LOL,

Trumpism, that party of victimization and hate

Godawful folks

The morons are assembling now in NYC to march again.

Why can't these losers get a job?

It's enough already, as far as I am concerned.

What do you think, do you support the on going protests and do you admit there is systemic abuse?

I've said this before. Stop the needless shooting of black men and the protests will stop. The problem is until laws are changed, nothing ever changes. The protesters are out their to get the laws changed. This latest victim is now parallelized from his waist down and most of his intestines have been removed.

And you think the protests are getting old? None of these cops are being held to account. Change the laws and the protesters will go home.

I've said this before. Stop the needless shooting of black men and the protests will stop. The problem is until laws are changed, nothing ever changes. The protesters are out their to get the laws changed. This latest victim is now parallelized from his waist down and most of his intestines have been removed.

And you think the protests are getting old? None of these cops are being held to account. Change the laws and the protesters will go home.

Is there a reasoned American on either side left?

It does not seem so.

The truth isn't foolhardy and it's not Trump rhetoric. It's just truth.

But tell me...if Biden wins, what will you (or him) do about Portland? You don't seriously think Antifa will stop their riots, do you?

The Democrats already have a bill that will change the way police shooting are handled nationwide. Until we get Moscow Mitch out of that job, the republicans (Your People) are effectively pushing the protesters.

Republicans won't change the laws, protesters wont stop. It's just that simple.

The Democrats already have a bill that will change the way police shooting are handled nationwide. Until we get Moscow Mitch out of that job, the republicans (Your People) are effectively pushing the protesters.

Republicans won't change the laws, protesters wont stop. It's just that simple.

Now you want the federal government to control the cities?

Back
Top Bottom