• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does having sex with a Robot count as cheating ?

One of Richard Herrings emergency questions. I’m actually unsure on the answer
Depends on the specifics and your perspective on them.

There are at least a few of people out there who don't even consider sex with other people cheating, because they have a previous agreement with their significant other that allows (or even encourages) such activities.

OR so I've heard, I won't claim any personal experience.

What is the source of "thought" if not the brain?
No idea. This is an issue brought up by all sides of the debate. My personal contention is not everything needs to be known to be true. Or, there is a truth whether we ever know it or not. I’m fine with that. Through meditation and self inquiry you can “prove it” to yourself, but there’s no way to document that proof.

No idea. This is an issue brought up by all sides of the debate. My personal contention is not everything needs to be known to be true. Or, there is a truth whether we ever know it or not. I’m fine with that. Through meditation and self inquiry you can “prove it” to yourself, but there’s no way to document that proof.
There is nothingbto suggest thought outside brain function. It's all about the brain.

Boy if you gotta ask this question your marriage already has some way bigger issues than a semantic discussion of what counts as "cheating."

There is nothingbto suggest thought outside brain function. It's all about the brain.
There is also nothing that confirms thoughts are created by the brain. If there were it wouldn’t be a question. I guess what I’m saying is none of us have to decide what is and isn’t for there to be something. It’s the need to categorize or decide what is, that causes most of the problems with humans. This feeling about having a need to be right and to have others admit it. Like that somehow validates our opinion. This kind of thinking leads to conflict which in the hands of some turns into violence eventually when some material matter has to be decided, and there are two different, seemingly contradictory, solutions.

You could say “religion” is poisoning the minds of children, and I could say “so are some of the assertions of science.” As an example: “Consciousness is produced by the brain”, when some of the smartest people in the world have realized it’s not. There is simply no proof of that. There will never be proof of that because frankly, it’s not true. I don’t know where it’s produced, I don’t really care, but it does not arise from matter. Science asserts it must, religion says it’s god, and both are equally false.

Boy if you gotta ask this question your marriage already has some way bigger issues than a semantic discussion of what counts as "cheating."
Ha ha. Yeah, thinking about it I’ve never had the thought “man, I really wanna **** that robot, but I wonder if my wife would consider that cheating.” 😃

One of Richard Herrings emergency questions. I’m actually unsure on the answer
Given that there are some that consider even just talking with the attracted sex outside of business as cheating, yeah, some will see it that way.

Indeed. That begs the question, are swinging couples engaging in adultery?
If the definition is strictly that of having sex outside of the marriage, then yes. Whether they consider it a sin or not is a different matter. Polys may or may not be, depending on the relationships made and which type of marriage you are using as the basis. If the members of the polycule are all married in the religious or social sense, then from that aspect they are not committing adultery. Legally speaking, they are, whether there is a law against it or not.

I would say stop believing your thoughts are you and see what happens. If you act good or bad you are just acting.
I would disagree. Thought usually precedes action, even subconscious thought. And they can be good or bad thoughts even without action. The key is whether they are good or bad to the person having the thought. The thought of having a person for a lover, other than your spouse would probably be considered a bad thought by a monogamist, at least for themselves, but a good, or at least neutral one for a polyamorist. I do agree that no all thoughts are "you" per se, in that your mind will put different things together in ways that you would not act on, more or less automatically. But you can't dismiss all thoughts as not you.

What is the source of "thought" if not the brain?
The mind as opposed to the brain. Or the soul, if you are one to believe that, and I am not limiting that concept to religion, and especially not any one given religion.

I see cheating in a relationship as subjective, relative to the agreements made within the relationship itself (unfortunately though some don't talk about this beforehand, so it can cause issues for something like this or owning/using toys, or even just looking at someone else, talking to someone else).

I think there'd be a lot of in between for this one.

If it is, women need to throw away their vibrators 🤣
I made that point in the sex robot thread. In one of the links a woman opposed to them noted that the robots could not give consent. I asked when she last got consent from her vibratior.

Ha ha. Yeah, thinking about it I’ve never had the thought “man, I really wanna **** that robot, but I wonder if my wife would consider that cheating.” 😃
Actually it is a valid question, if the issue was not present before, or discussed before. While the being with another person without the knowledge and consent of the partner is pretty standard, others things are all over the board. There are those who consider masturbating as cheating. But some people (and I am not limiting it to men), if they don't think masturbating is cheating, would never think to ask their partner if the partner thinks it's cheating. In the situation you described, it would only come up, either because the situation presented itself for the first time, or a hypothetical came up due to things like this thead.

Back
Top Bottom