• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does having sex with a Robot count as cheating ?

The mind as opposed to the brain. Or the soul, if you are one to believe that, and I am not limiting that concept to religion, and especially not any one given religion.
The "mind" is a blanket term for the various processes of the brain. It's all about the brain. And no, I do not believe in a soul.

This was one of my first thoughts reading the title, that vibrators could be considered cheating then.
Shower wands too, for the ladies that live in places with good water pressure 😜

...book characters? Asking for a friend....

One of Richard Herrings emergency questions. I’m actually unsure on the answer
I noticed the movie that has this as a central theme. Stupid! And the fake tits on the actresses who play the "robots" I just don't find.... alluring.

21c34e52-28e7-480f-93e0-eb7dc704d63c_text.gif

I'm married, I'm walking down the street and I see a beautiful woman that is exactly my 'perfect' woman and I think to myself, I would love to have sex with her, did I just cheat?
Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party.

According to the New Testament, yes!

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’

But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28

I like to refer to this as the "Save your bus fare" sin.

Leave it to religion to act as a thought police. It's one thing to find someone attractive. It's quite another to physically act on it.
Well, Jesus was making a point. Yes, physically cheating is a sin, however, according to Jesus, we will be judged by what is in our hearts. If our hearts are pure, our thoughts and actions will reflect that. And likewise if our minds are filled with greed, debauchery and lust, that is the genesis of the physical sin.

Who cares? It only applies if you actually believe it. And it's illogical to begin with.

Sin is a silly religious concept.
Not necessarily. Rather than a laundry list of do's and don'ts, I'm of the opinion that a sin is anything that harms a relationship. If you're married, stepping out on your spouse is likely to harm the marital relationship. If you steal from your neighbor, it is likely to harm that relationship. Getting drunk frequently and failing to show up for work will harm your relationship with your employer.

Take a close look at the Old Testament ten commandments. You will notice that the first four deal with one's relationship with God. The last six deal with one's relationship with their fellow man. Apparently, relationships are to be highly valued.

Not necessarily. Rather than a laundry list of do's and don'ts, I'm of the opinion that a sin is anything that harms a relationship. If you're married, stepping out on your spouse is likely to harm the marital relationship. If you steal from your neighbor, it is likely to harm that relationship. Getting drunk frequently and failing to show up for work will harm your relationship with your employer.
Sin is just a religious label applied to questionable behaviors. No one needs the idea of "sin" to know particular behaviors can cause harm, although certain "sins" are relatively harmless.
Take a close look at the Old Testament ten commandments. You will notice that the first four deal with one's relationship with God. The last six deal with one's relationship with their fellow man. Apparently, relationships are to be highly valued.
The commandments regarding god are just about obedience, not an actual relationship. If that were the case, then god is clearly insecure and jealous. God would be the codependent partner in a "relationship." Not all "relationships" are healthy either. Some can be quite toxic.
Well, Jesus was making a point. Yes, physically cheating is a sin, however, according to Jesus, we will be judged by what is in our hearts.
Which is stupid. Much like the idea of sin. Are swinging couples cheating? Cheating isn't so much about physical interactions, but rather about honesty, or lack thereof, towards one's partner.
If our hearts are pure, our thoughts and actions will reflect that. And likewise if our minds are filled with greed, debauchery and lust, that is the genesis of the physical sin.
No, those are just behaviors some deem wrong. Lust is a natural instinctual response when one sees an attractive person. Nothing wrong with it. It's when one acts on it that it could be "wrong," depending on the circumstances. I doubt anyone would agree that lust towards one's own partner is wrong or a bad thing. If anything, it can spice up the relationship. "Sin" seems to be applied in black and white, rather than in shades of gray.

Matthew 5:27-32 KJV​

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Thank you Mr. Pence.

But it's not. Fantasy does not equal adultery.

I believe all that is the stuff men of the times writing the Bible made up to accommodate the burgeoning Christian religion...and which the nauseating Catholic Church took to its farther limits. All that sperm and desire needed to be channeled 100% into producing more hands to put $$ in the collection plates.

One cannot control their thoughts at all without causing themselves psychological harm. That’s the point. One can stop identifying with them, or believing they are “thinking” their thoughts, rather than the other way around.

See: Catholic priests. Just one of the more obvious examples.

It's horrific what that religion has wrought on the globe, in terms of repression, coercion, torture, violence, etc. And IMO, all to support its avarice.

There are no pure or unpure thoughts. No good or bad ones. They’re just thoughts. The problem is in believing you ARE your thoughts, or that they are you. They aren’t. If they were, you couldn’t watch yourself think. Because if YOU are watching yourself think, WHO is doing the watching?

Pretty sure there are bad thoughts but maybe it's off-topic.

I'm thinking of pedophiles or those who have rape fantasies, etc.

There is also nothing that confirms thoughts are created by the brain.

Hmmm. Not sure what to do with that and I did read what followed.

If there were it wouldn’t be a question. I guess what I’m saying is none of us have to decide what is and isn’t for there to be something. It’s the need to categorize or decide what is, that causes most of the problems with humans. This feeling about having a need to be right and to have others admit it. Like that somehow validates our opinion. This kind of thinking leads to conflict which in the hands of some turns into violence eventually when some material matter has to be decided, and there are two different, seemingly contradictory, solutions.

You could say “religion” is poisoning the minds of children, and I could say “so are some of the assertions of science.” As an example: “Consciousness is produced by the brain”, when some of the smartest people in the world have realized it’s not. There is simply no proof of that. There will never be proof of that because frankly, it’s not true. I don’t know where it’s produced, I don’t really care, but it does not arise from matter. Science asserts it must, religion says it’s god, and both are equally false.

Pretty sure there are bad thoughts but maybe it's off-topic.

I'm thinking of pedophiles or those who have rape fantasies, etc.
My contention is that your thoughts are not YOU, and identification with any thought is the root of most human suffering. Any further than that and we get into paradox wrt talking about it.

My contention is that your thoughts are not YOU, and identification with any thought is the root of most human suffering. Any further than that and we get into paradox wrt talking about it.

What is their origin?

Hahahahahahaha, the Robot BJ//////Hahahahahahahaha!

That's just it. I dont see how a robot is any different than masturbating.
A robot would probably qualify as a sex toy.

Back
Top Bottom