• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does having sex with a Robot count as cheating ?

That's just it. I dont see how a robot is any different than masturbating.
Cheating is always going to depend on the persons in a relationship when talking individuals, but others will also have their subjective opinions looking in.

Cheating to me is not abiding by the agreements we made about our relationship. I think it would be ridiculous to consider it cheating to masturbate or use toys or robots, looking at someone or fantasizing about others, but I know others who disagree. If it is within their relationship, and talked about as the relationship develops, before accusations begin, then I think it is relative to the relationship. But talking about what constitutes cheating for each person in a relationship is important. There are some that people assume, but they still need to be discussed to ensure on the same page.

Yeah, dont really see how it's much different than a rubber doll...more "interactive?" ;) LOL
Probably programmable too. A different setting evert night. 😆

If one or both are married, yes.

Why wouldnt it be?
Because the spouse says it isn't. Cheating can only truly be defined by the couple (or more in poly) in questions, at least outside of the doing it behind backs.

Because the spouse says it isn't. Cheating can only truly be defined by the couple (or more in poly) in questions, at least outside of the doing it behind backs.

Cheating means doing something "behind their backs" by definition. If it's consensual, it's not cheating.

Cheating is always going to depend on the persons in a relationship when talking individuals, but others will also have their subjective opinions looking in.

Cheating to me is not abiding by the agreements we made about our relationship. I think it would be ridiculous to consider it cheating to masturbate or use toys or robots, looking at someone or fantasizing about others, but I know others who disagree. If it is within their relationship, and talked about as the relationship develops, before accusations begin, then I think it is relative to the relationship. But talking about what constitutes cheating for each person in a relationship is important. There are some that people assume, but they still need to be discussed to ensure on the same page.

Cheating is doing something that's not consensual. If there's an agreement, then it's not cheating.

Cheating means doing something "behind their backs" by definition. If it's consensual, it's not cheating.
Then why did you ask why wouldn't it be cheating if a married person had sex with a robot?

Cheating is doing something that's not consensual. If there's an agreement, then it's not cheating.
Part of the problem there is sometimes both parties are assuming that they are in agreement on what cheating is, but never actually talk about it, or just skim over it. So one considers the other to have cheated because that is their definition, while the other doesn't think they cheated, because it's not part of their definition of cheating.

Or to put it another way, if you don't tell me a given action is cheating to you, did I actually cheat if I engaged in that action?

Part of the problem there is sometimes both parties are assuming that they are in agreement on what cheating is, but never actually talk about it, or just skim over it. So one considers the other to have cheated because that is their definition, while the other doesn't think they cheated, because it's not part of their definition of cheating.

Or to put it another way, if you don't tell me a given action is cheating to you, did I actually cheat if I engaged in that action?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Persons dont have to be married to cheat.
You are the one who said, "If one or both are married...why wouldn't it be (cheating)?"

Back
Top Bottom