• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you remember your first friends here on DP?

Mine was a fellow called CrusaderRabbit, I think, funny bloke, then he vanished.

There ya go again, implying that Josie and I have a thing going on. :lol:

I hope you're Inspector Gadget because that **** wont work..

I make good philosophy Indiana Jones.

I came to DP with a large number of emigres from Politico and they were my first friends on the site but I've met many other very nice and interesting people - DP is a good place to call home.

Good evening, CJ. :2wave:

Truer words were never spoken! :thumbs:

I think lizzie was my first. <3

I honestly don't remember. I do vividly recall being as thrilled as a kid on Christmas when TGND sent me a friend request. I was like, *gasp*... Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Kelzie was my first PM. She wanted to know about law school or something like that. I miss her. She was really nice. I think she was a mod when I first joined

So true, so true. I suspect you're around the same age as my son, maybe younger. :)

I think we've talked about this before..... ;)

I'm almost 33.

I came here from two defunct political sites (at the time) political crossfire and whistlestopper. The first friends here were friends I had already made at those two places. I can't remember who my first dp friend was...it was awhile ago. :(

I don't really remember. I think it was X or Stillballin who first sent me a request.

I don't understand the "friends" thing here. I've been sent friends request, and I usually accept them, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Does it offer something different to the website? It always confuses me a little.

I don't really remember. I think it was X or Stillballin who first sent me a request.

TGND was the first and at a time when I wasn't exactly well received. StillBallin' was the first liberal willing to to have me on his friend's list. Mega (Tacomancer) was probably the first one I consistently fought wit although Kali was the first to call me a sock and say I didn't have two brain cells. :mrgreen: I miss her.

XFactor was one of my first ones too. I remember some people that didn't like me at first but are now my friends. :2razz:

I don't understand the "friends" thing here. I've been sent friends request, and I usually accept them, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Does it offer something different to the website? It always confuses me a little.

On your privacy settings you can make it so that only your friends can see some things on your profile, like VMs or the profile pic. That's about it.

Oh oh! I think maybe digsbe was my second or third friend.

XFactor was one of my first ones too. I remember some people that didn't like me at first but are now my friends. :2razz:

Yeah, you were known by a different name back then. Barb was probably like my second or third.

I view friends much as I view "likes" on this forum. I may "like" a post that I disagree with, simply because a point was made clearly and backed up with a decent example link (or two). The same with friends, I may still disagree with them politically yet appreciate the way that they express their views on many different subjects. ;)

Back
Top Bottom