• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you remember your first friends here on DP?

I remember Kelzie...didn't she marry another poster that she met here on DP? I think his name was Gunny or something like that because he was a gunnery sargent. He was a moderator, too. Anyway, last I heard they might have gotten divorced.

The first person that responded to one of my posts on DP was NavyPride...so I consider him my first friend.

l know you are not gay :mrgreen:

It was Catz. I knew her from Whistle Stop.

The first new friend was Captain Courtesy. He welcomed me and told me to piss off and find somewhere else to play. A kindred spirit. I liked it.

I remember... I didn't like you at all when you first started here. You've grown on me. :2razz:

First friend was Tashah. She PMed me randomly after discussing something about the Talmud in thread. Two of my other first friends at DP were Gardener and jallman. Gardener and I have had our ups and downs. jallman, too, but it was mostly MAJOR downs at the end.

After those Initial Regs of DP.....couple that I contacted. Were Maggie and Auntie Mmmmm (Aunt Spiker). Then I had Liberal Avenger and couple of others contact me. Which I don't always agree with my friends either. Some are not off into the same Subjects I am. Some aren't even of the same political lean. So I like reading their posts in topics I am not into.

Course I had friends from other sites I have been associated with on my list.

Any that have been permmed banned I took down. Or those that have left here perm.

Dianna and I have had a couple go arounds, in which we got off on the wrong foot with each other. Which after learning about her and thru mutual friends. For myself, I wish it wouldn't have played out like it did. We have somethings in common and for that I am glad. Which it helped to break the ice with us. Even despite our tiffs.....she has supported me and even hits up my threads. So with all, she has my respect and props.
yo2.gif

I know several here from other sites I visit, but lizzie I had lost track of from another site, and was thrilled to have found her again. One very special lady, that.

Other than those I knew otherwise, I believe Heebie Jeebie was my first 'new' friend. Excellent posting style, straight to the point and concise.

I left Politico with a small group of friends to join DP in January 2013, so I am a relative newcomer.. Jack Hays was my first friend on Politico years ago, and he was joined by...in alphabetical order because they all have different areas of expertise...Alabama Paul, Bonzai, Bori (who has also joined DP but under a new name), Bubbabgone, CanadaJohn, FogHit (who also had another name back then), humbolt, JCCallender, Ocean515, and Perotista. All have made the jump, and some I am still hoping to see here, like Mangas..just for the sheer joy of watching professionals duel! :lamo

I was very pleased to meet Maggie, Lizzie, Josie and Medusa here, since there don't seem to be many women on political sites for some reason.

As far as meeting other new posters on DP, Apacherat, apdst, Fenton and SMTA, but there are so many good posters from both sides of the aisle here that it's fun to log on and read the comments! Most posters here are polite, even when we disagree, and that's a pleasant change from Politico, probably thanks to Red and his moderators! :thumbs: As I have stated before, I really like this site because I felt welcomed, and I am very happy to be here, and I will continue to contribute to keep it going! :thanks:

I honestly don't remember. I do vividly recall being as thrilled as a kid on Christmas when TGND sent me a friend request. I was like, *gasp*... Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I <3 me some DiAnna!

I left Politico with a small group of friends to join DP in January 2013, so I am a relative newcomer.. Jack Hays was my first friend on Politico years ago, and he was joined by...in alphabetical order because they all have different areas of expertise...Alabama Paul, Bonzai, Bori (who has also joined DP but under a new name), Bubbabgone, CanadaJohn, FogHit (who also had another name back then), humbolt, JCCallender, Ocean515, and Perotista. All have made the jump, and some I am still hoping to see here, like Mangas..just for the sheer joy of watching professionals duel! :lamo

I was very pleased to meet Maggie, Lizzie, Josie and Medusa here, since there don't seem to be many women on political sites for some reason.

As far as meeting other new posters on DP, Apacherat, apdst, Fenton and SMTA, but there are so many good posters from both sides of the aisle here that it's fun to log on and read the comments! Most posters here are polite, even when we disagree, and that's a pleasant change from Politico, probably thanks to Red and his moderators! :thumbs: As I have stated before, I really like this site because I felt welcomed, and I am very happy to be here, and I will continue to contribute to keep it going! :thanks:

Oops, forgot to mention The Girl Next Door as one of the few women on DP! My excuse? I haven't had the chance to talk to her much so far :wow:

Back
Top Bottom