• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you remember your first friends here on DP?

I haven't been on that long, so I hesitate to initiate freind requests. Although I felt ballsy enough to post a "manifesto" in the welcome section :shock: , I don't want to push myself onto more experienced members with random freind requests.

I've had four people request to be freinds since I joined and I've accepted them all. It's easy for me to state who the first was. Henry David, followed by CanadaJohn, then Gothmas88 and most recently Menard_K. Aside from making it easier to see what they've posted there hasn't been much communication. Except CanadaJohn and I seem to share a number of positions.

I don't understand the "friends" thing here. I've been sent friends request, and I usually accept them, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Does it offer something different to the website? It always confuses me a little.

Well, after I got the first I noticed that I could see his history of posts when I went to my home page. That helps me follow them easier.

It was Catz. I knew her from Whistle Stop.

The first new friend was Captain Courtesy. He welcomed me and told me to piss off and find somewhere else to play. A kindred spirit. I liked it.

It was Catz. I knew her from Whistle Stop.

The first new friend was Captain Courtesy. He welcomed me and told me to piss off and find somewhere else to play. A kindred spirit. I liked it.

I remember you messing with Mr. V when you first started. I liked you immediately.

I remember you messing with Mr. V when you first started. I liked you immediately.

Thanks, that was a lot of fun. V called me a sewer rat. I've kept the name on my profile ever since. :)

Tessie and X were probably my first.

Mine were Connery, Lizzie, Enola, and Mya.....Then TGND and Medusa.

Mine were Connery, Lizzie, Enola, and Mya.....Then TGND and Medusa.

I washed ashore following the wreck of the SS Politico.com, along with Alabama Paul, Polgara, Canada John, JC Callender, Perotista and (when he takes his meds) Bonzai. Since then you and others have made me feel welcome.:2wave:

I washed ashore following the wreck of the SS Politico.com, along with Alabama Paul, Polgara, Canada John, JC Callender, Perotista and (when he takes his meds) Bonzai. Since then you and others have made me feel welcome.:2wave:

Glad to be part of that endeavor JH.
yo2.gif

th

Course with welcoming you and yours into the Family. There may come a time.....when a family favor may be called upon.
glasses7.gif
:lol:

I know plenty users that were already here in DP. Some of them I befriended again in this forum. I know people from other forums like: Captain something (death angel as avatar), Helix, Auntey Spike, Spud Meister, DiAnne, Christina, X Factor, Infinite Chaos, The one with Candy in his avatar, blaxshep (or at least I knew the guy with that avatar), the guys with a female ass for Slash's face (also cannot recall the name), probably Superfly (not sure), MMC (I think) and more (sorry these got primed while going through this thread).

I have three people in the ignore list. Two seem nice but must have got to me in a bad moment. But the one with an ass in Slash's hair guy! Him I am glad that I can get rid of so easily at least in this life with the "Ignore Option." What can I say. They guy is smashing fast at linking apples and oranges. He is too fast for me to follow him! ;)

Last edited:
I know plenty users that were already here in DP. Some of them I befriended again in this forum. I know people from other forums like: Captain something (death angel as avatar), Helix, Auntey Spike, Spud Meister, DiAnne, Christina, X Factor, Infinite Chaos, The one with Candy in his avatar, blaxshep (or at least I knew the guy with that avatar), the guys with a female ass for Slash's face (also cannot recall the name), probably Superfly (not sure), MMC (I think) and more (sorry these got primed while going through this thread).

I have three people in the ignore list. Two seem nice but must have got to me in a bad moment. But the one with an ass in Slash's hair guy! Him I am glad that I can get rid of so easily at least in this life with the "Ignore Option." What can I say. They guy is smashing fast at linking apples and oranges. He is too fast for me to follow him! ;)

you forget me:(

Wait! You are my friend! Of course!

But the OP is about first friends and first dislikes?! I befriended you later for I noticed you later.

ok l forgave you :2razz:

Kelzie was my first PM. She wanted to know about law school or something like that. I miss her. She was really nice. I think she was a mod when I first joined

I remember Kelzie...didn't she marry another poster that she met here on DP? I think his name was Gunny or something like that because he was a gunnery sargent. He was a moderator, too. Anyway, last I heard they might have gotten divorced.

The first person that responded to one of my posts on DP was NavyPride...so I consider him my first friend.

Last edited:
I don't understand the "friends" thing here. I've been sent friends request, and I usually accept them, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Does it offer something different to the website? It always confuses me a little.

For me, it's a quick and handy way to send a PM or check on someone I haven't seen in a while. I just go to my contacts list, and click on their profile without having to search for a post they have made somewhere. Easy-peasy. :)

I view friends much as I view "likes" on this forum. I may "like" a post that I disagree with, simply because a point was made clearly and backed up with a decent example link (or two). The same with friends, I may still disagree with them politically yet appreciate the way that they express their views on many different subjects. ;)

There isn't a person on my friend list with whom I don't radically disagree on some issue or another. If I only befriended people I agreed with and who agreed with me 100% of the time, I'd be friendless! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom