• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you like sushi? (1 Viewer)

Do you like sushi?

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
NO ,thanks!

Only if I catch it myself.

I never trusted raw fish or shellfish that some business might have laid out for too long in warm temps.

I do eat raw oysters out of the Chesapeake Bay when I see them in the shallows from time to time.

It is exquisit, if the fish is fresh and the cook good at his job. I do prefer sashimi, however.

It is exquisit, if the fish is fresh and the cook good at his job. I do prefer sashimi, however.

Same. I Prefer sashimi because the rice in the sushi fills me up. If you can smell the fish then its bad sushi and you ought not to eat it.

Sushi is way of opening a restaurant without the expense of having a kitchen.

I mainly like rolls, California roll, shrimp tempura roll, Philadelphia roll

Edited to add: With a schmeah of wasabi and lots of soy sauce.

NO ,thanks!

There are hundreds of different types of sushi, many without any fish at all. If you say you don't like sushi it's because you haven't explored it enough to find the ones you like.

Sushi is way of opening a restaurant without the expense of having a kitchen.

Sushi in restaurants is made in a kitchen and nobody opens one because it will be cheap.

I LOVE sushi.

Hated it the first time I tried it, but that is probably because the first time I tried it was from a cafeteria in the Midwest. No, I didn't get food poisoning, and yes, I know how lucky I am.

Cheap sushi is somethin' awful, even more than most cheap food compared to its actual-food relatives.

I have to say, it's also pretty damn hard to get truly good sushi in a landlocked state unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg. I've done it, but it's certainly cheaper here. Any time I was out on the east coast in the US was like Christmas (oh my god, ALL THE CRAB!).

There are hundreds of different types of sushi, many without any fish at all. If you say you don't like sushi it's because you haven't explored it enough to find the ones you like.

Sushi in restaurants is made in a kitchen and nobody opens one because it will be cheap.

I like cooked fishes

Sushi ... sashimi - fresh raw fish properly prepared with the proper rice ..... amy be the best food available on the planet.

Same. I Prefer sashimi because the rice in the sushi fills me up. If you can smell the fish then its bad sushi and you ought not to eat it.

If you can 'smell' the fish, don't go back.

'Twas but a jest.

Yeah I guess, not crazy about it though.

IIRC doesn't Sushi have more to do with the rice, instead of the fish. Americans look at Sushi as fish, raw fish. I 'think' there's Sushi without fish. It suppose to be about the rice, and the presentation of the rice. I 'think'. Maybe I'm wrong, IDK.

IIRC doesn't Sushi have more to do with the rice, instead of the fish. Americans look at Sushi as fish, raw fish. I 'think' there's Sushi without fish. It suppose to be about the rice, and the presentation of the rice. I 'think'. Maybe I'm wrong, IDK.

No, you aren't wrong. Sushi is the rice.

4vZcy0g.jpg

i've had a tuna California roll once, and it was ok. it's probably something i would try again, but i have to admit that i often think "why not just cook it?" eating raw meat puts a lot of faith in the processor / supply chain. if you live near an ocean, that's one thing. if you live in the midwest, though, that's another story.

I love sushi. My favorites are the bagel roll and Spicy Shrimp inari.

I've only ever had Rainbow rolls (sashimi) they are popular here in the "Da Burgh" it seems :) I picked that one cause it's advertised alot and its ingredients were all things I was ok with haha. Crab, Tuna and Salmon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom