• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats block Senate bill requiring medical care for babies that survive abortion

So, again, what does that have to do with the bill? You're not talking about babies that have survived abortion, you're talking about babies born with a life threatening illness. Those are completely different things. Not every baby that survives an abortion has a life threatening illness.

The bill ensures that the parents and their doctor can decide to withhold medical treatment.

Just a adults with life threatening illnesses can do. Just as parents of non-newly-born children with life threatening illnesses can do.

Point being that if the child can live without long term life support then the doctor has to try and save the childs life even if the parents don't them to, to not do it is negligent homicide.

The point is wrong.

Yup, especially the nurse midwives. That's why they (and also birthing centers) are so popular now.

My daughter is an ER nurse at a major Seattle hospital. She is seriously considering that path.

My daughter is an ER nurse at a major Seattle hospital. She us seriously consideribg that path.

Because I had gestational diabetes with each one of mine, I couldn't use them. I had to be under the care of OBs who specialized in high risk pregnancies. But so many of my girlfriends did, and wow, what a great and personal experience. Your daughter really should consider it.

Exactly. If the baby was born alive, it is more than possible the MD, might discuss comfort measures with the parents. They would discuss risks and benefits of procedures and it is up to the parents to decide how to proceed based on their beliefs. Not pursuing aggressive care in a baby (or child or adult) in a person with catastrophic illness is always on the table.

Nice rant, but odd that you did not want to say who pays. Why is that?
The federal government pays

So you oppose parents being able to remove their teenage sons from a breathing tube or feeding tube, because that teenager has all legal rights to life and the parents can't determine that?
If their son has a decent chance at living a somewhat functional life if treatment were to commence, and removing a feeding tube would kill him then yes those parents would be committing a crime.
As a parent if I decide to not feed my kids after a week (or more give or take) have I not committed a crime?

The point is wrong.

Please excuses me while I don't take your word for it. Patient care is decided in what is the best interest in the patients case, the patient here being the baby.

If their son has a decent chance at living a somewhat functional life if treatment were to commence, and removing a feeding tube would kill him then yes those parents would be committing a crime.
As a parent if I decide to not feed my kids after a week (or more give or take) have I not committed a crime?

Please cite that law that says removing your teenage son from a feeding tube is a crime.

So please do tell me why every parent that doesn't agree to leave their teenage sons on machines indefinitely are not charged with child abuse, child neglect or medical neglect.
I think I did in post #106

So if there is a chance a baby could live a life off of life support then the doctor has to provide care to give that child that chance, regardless if the parents wish their kid dead. Only factor here is what is the cut off for reasonable chance is 30% chance 20% chance ect

I think I did in post #106

So if there is a chance a baby could live a life off of life support then the doctor has to provide care to give that child that chance, regardless if the parents wish their kid dead. Only factor here is what is the cut off for reasonable chance is 30% chance 20% chance ect

Funny. I just looked at post 106. I didn't see you telling us why every parent who does that isn't arrested. But I can tell you. Because it isn't a crime.

Parents "wish their kid dead"? You actually, and ignorantly, believe that a couple goes through the joys, sorrows, trials and tribulations of pregnancy so they can say "I want my child dead".

Amazing. Not at all shocking though. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, the "factor" isn't up to us. It's determined by the doctor, and the decision belongs to the parents. Fact. When you have children, you will know what I mean.

If the child is alive a doctor must do all they can to keep the child alive and to heal them just like they would do for the mothers. Their can be no discussion on if the child deserves the chance to live or die, that's not up to the parents or the doctors, if the child is alive and once removed from the womb they already have all legal rights to life and no one can determine that they should just be killed or un cared for until death. We do not kill people just because they have disabilities, that's wrong and you know it.
But there is discussion. If the baby is born with overwhelming catastrophic illness a parent and md may decide on no heroic measures.

I really don't understand this need for Democrats to be so pro-abortion that they can justify the taking of a viable life just because it's inconvenient or might be a mental strain on the mother. What's next for them? How much farther are they willing to go?

A fetus is an existential threat that gets worse as it grows. Get that part through your head.

Looks like the GOPers have received marching orders to beat the abortion drum as loud as possible. Seems to be a theme now.

A fetus is an existential threat that gets worse as it grows. Get that part through your head.

I can't believe I have to ask this but was that a sarcastic comment or are you serious?

Of course he made it up. For some reason, lots of things seem to be getting made up in this discussion.

Like how you lied about your dad serving in WW2? That was made up as hell.

What was so bad about it?
How long were you there?

Were you there as a civilian or military?

Too much government control, over every thing.

Like how you lied about your dad serving in WW2? That was made up as hell.

What on Earth are you babbling about? My father was an accountant for the army during WW2. Why did you bring my father into a thread about abortion?

What on Earth are you babbling about? My father was an accountant for the army during WW2. Why did you bring my father into a thread about abortion?

You were talking about posters lying. Sounded like as good a time as any to bring up your own lies.

Which is about 80 points ahead of the garden variety Liberal, in a 65° room. :lamo

Yeah, there are some really bright Trumpkins.

12ocv9.jpg

:lamo

Back
Top Bottom