• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck Smears Obama 11 year old Daugter

I love Glenn and even I was wondering why he was mocking Obama's daughter. Just the other day he said that children are off limits, but then he makes fun of one. I'm glad he apologized. I would've been very disappointed if he hadn't.

I love Glenn and even I was wondering why he was mocking Obama's daughter. Just the other day he said that children are off limits, but then he makes fun of one. I'm glad he apologized. I would've been very disappointed if he hadn't.

Honestly the fact that he just recently talked about children being off limits makes me think he didn't mean what he said when he apologized.

Honestly the fact that he just recently talked about children being off limits makes me think he didn't mean what he said when he apologized.

When I read the text of the script it seemed to me that Beck was mocking Obama for implying his daughter spoke/thought like a 5 year old. The cynic in me doubts she ever posed that cutesy statement in the first place.....

When I read the text of the script it seemed to me that Beck was mocking Obama for implying his daughter spoke/thought like a 5 year old. The cynic in me doubts she ever posed that cutesy statement in the first place.....

You know I can get that from reading it on paper, but I am sure you know the way a person says it can also alter what he really means. So, it might read as being mockery, but it sounded more as insulting and making fun of her.

He's talking about this right now on his show.

Beck is a asshole magnet and a moron. He has already been given too much attention.

Next....................

Then tell your constituents on here to stop making threads about him. It's not righties on here making them, but your own breathern. You give him more attention than the right does. I think he's a nut but commend him for putting the lefts panties in such a wad.

Last edited:

I don't know why she wouldn't have said it.
She's only eleven, and has no doubt been very sheltered.
To eleven-year-old girls, Daddies are all-powerful, and to an eleven-year-old girl whose dad is president of the United States, no doubt even more so.
I'm sure the issue is stressing Obama out and looming large within their household, weighing upon their family life.
There's no reason to imagine Malia would've used technical language to ask this question.

I've been hearing the question framed in exactly the same terms from a number of adults:
"Why haven't they found some way to plug the damned hole?"

I've probably even said this myself (or maybe I said "Plug the damned oil leak", but is that really all that much more intelligent?).
It's pretty much what everybody's saying, around here, in my Gulf Coast State.

I'm not sure it reflects upon Malia's education or intelligence, and I also don't see how it's "cutesy".
I'm sure she meant, "Have you found a way to plug the hole yet, Daddy?", as opposed to, "Daddy, did you put on scuba gear, dive to the bottom of the sea, and actually plug the hole single-handedly?"

Obama is the president of the United States, and this environmental catastrophe is presenting a serious threat to the nation he's supposed to be leading.
It is Obama's responsibility, ultimately, to plug the hole.
She was saying, "Daddy, did you do your job yet?"

Even smart kids, at age eleven, sometimes ask seemingly very naive questions.
I could give a litany of personal, anecdotal examples, but I'm sure that all of us who are parents of smart kids know it's true.

Last edited:
No doubt...the kids are off limits and this was a stupid act and a stupid thing to do...

Now...

Who here actually BELIEVES that Obama's 11 year old daughter walks up to him in the morning and says "daddy...did you plug the hole yet?"

So MAYBE Obama is kinda an asshole TOO for dragging his little girl into the political arena to score human/sympathy points...

No. Berating their kid because of a poor performance is worse, especially in front of others. I don't care what some dumb parent does to another dumb parent.

No. Berating their kid because of a poor performance is worse, especially in front of others. I don't care what some dumb parent does to another dumb parent.

That is bad too, but parents are first and foremost role models. Fighting over a stupid game is a deplorable example.

Sure it is, but the kid can always rationalize it as a show of support. Berating a kid is much worse, IMHO.

It depends. A child should be berated if they exhibit behavior that is offensive or shows poor sportsmanship. If my kid moons the Umpire the are going to hear about it.

Maybe I missed it, but did Beck come out and say that obviously he meant the other older daughter-- and just got their names confused?

except, if you were honest, you would know letterman was full of it since he was speaking about the younger daughter who was in the city.

What is scary is those fools who rely on the Rush/Beck/Fox shows for the truth.
I prefer a higher class of comedy, "The Three Stooges" for an example...
Where are they now that we need them?

Back
Top Bottom