• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Awards system disabled.

Good evening, Redress. :2wave:

What do the gavels,

If you go to your User Control Panel, there is a section called "Public Usergroups". Different usergroups have different symbols. I think the gavels is a generic for Registered Users, but I am not going to swear to that. You can change your groups and see how it affects they symbol. Number of symbols indicates number of posts, not sure at what rate.

numbers with K after them,

That is an award for number of posts.

and things like that represent?

ANy other specific items feel free to ask.

Also, what determines when the "title" under my name changes? Length of time on DP?

I think that is also tied to post count. I think once you have a certain number of posts you can make your own title by going to User Control Panel, Edit Profile, and Custom User Title.

Did all that make sense? Sometimes I am not as clear as I want to be.

Pg, I never thought you to be so shallow that you might care... :mrgreen:

"It's not my fault!" Sound familiar? I'm a victim of my own curious nature, AP! It was ever thus, but that's how I learn. Why can't humans have nine lives like cats supposedly do? At least now I often find myself saying "I don't want to hear it!" I don't always mean it, but I have said it! :lamo:

If you go to your User Control Panel, there is a section called "Public Usergroups". Different usergroups have different symbols. I think the gavels is a generic for Registered Users, but I am not going to swear to that. You can change your groups and see how it affects they symbol. Number of symbols indicates number of posts, not sure at what rate.

That is an award for number of posts.

ANy other specific items feel free to ask.

I think that is also tied to post count. I think once you have a certain number of posts you can make your own title by going to User Control Panel, Edit Profile, and Custom User Title.

Did all that make sense? Sometimes I am not as clear as I want to be.

Very helpful and informative, Redress! :thanks:

As an FYI, we should have the award system re-activated some time tomorrow. Everyone's awards (except for Redress') will reappear.

:2razz:

As an FYI, we should have the award system re-activated some time tomorrow. Everyone's awards (except for Redress') will reappear.

:2razz:

Haha!

I want an award for not ripping someone's face off. Is that now available?

How time flies by.

When you have a life and a job, sometimes it really does and things have to get put off a little bit. I think most of us will manage to not make snide comments towards people who do extra to keep the board running...

When you have a life and a job, sometimes it really does and things have to get put off a little bit. I think most of us will manage to not make snide comments towards people who do extra to keep the board running...

Do you think your brown nosing :kissass response will get your awards reinstated ?

We are still looking into the code for the awards system. It might be benign, but there are concerns of a major security loophole.

To be honest, I haven't had/taken the time to give it the attention it needs.

So is this one of those things that'll be reimplemented or will it just drop off the radar?

So is this one of those things that'll be reimplemented or will it just drop off the radar?

We hope that there is no security issue and then we can turn it back on...

Automated awards system re-enabled. Still working on putting the # of blogs before them.

Automated awards system re-enabled. Still working on putting the # of blogs before them.

Thank you! I know you just had oodles of nothing better to do... so we appreciate it! :)

Where's my "Coolest Football Team Fan" award?

I'm guessing that the liberals all pushed for "award equality" so management just did away with all awards to make everyone even.

96% of the Awards went to the top 1% while the rest of us struggle to get by on Award Stamps. Class Wardfare rears it's ugly head.

Back
Top Bottom