• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-gay marriage rallies as NY ceremonies begin

Yeah...bullsh*t to pretty much everything Mr. Censorship's been blathering about. You censor what I watch, what I read or listen to, especially what I say, and I'm moving the hell to a new country. Screw it, I'll found my own country and live in while you and your friends have everyone listening to the Eagles and watching Star Trek or whatever you deem to be acceptable. What are you going to do next- tell me we can't have nudist beaches or carry knives to protect ourselves from muggers? Thank God America was founded on principles of freedom, and you don't hear me say that every day. At least here people have a right to view what they want when they want. If I don't see it as harmful for my 6 year old to watch James Bond, then he can see James Bond if that's what he wants to watch...besides, I actually spent my afternoon and evening yesterday with my gay cousin and his husband. I had a great time, my cousin made the most delicious dessert of all time, and I don't feel one bit gay. What, do you think homosexuality is a catching disease now? I think the only thing spreading around here is lies, and it's spreading by misinforming media. I have yet to see a study which shows that when my kid plays COD, it makes him more likely to go to school and shoot people. So screw all your controlling lies, I'll keep my freedom and my right to make choices.

Yeah...bullsh*t to pretty much everything Mr. Censorship's been blathering about. You censor what I watch, what I read or listen to, especially what I say, and I'm moving the hell to a new country. Screw it, I'll found my own country and live in while you and your friends have everyone listening to the Eagles and watching Star Trek or whatever you deem to be acceptable. What are you going to do next- tell me we can't have nudist beaches or carry knives to protect ourselves from muggers? Thank God America was founded on principles of freedom, and you don't hear me say that every day. At least here people have a right to view what they want when they want. If I don't see it as harmful for my 6 year old to watch James Bond, then he can see James Bond if that's what he wants to watch...besides, I actually spent my afternoon and evening yesterday with my gay cousin and his husband. I had a great time, my cousin made the most delicious dessert of all time, and I don't feel one bit gay. What, do you think homosexuality is a catching disease now? I think the only thing spreading around here is lies, and it's spreading by misinforming media. I have yet to see a study which shows that when my kid plays COD, it makes him more likely to go to school and shoot people. So screw all your controlling lies, I'll keep my freedom and my right to make choices.

I agree with all of this except for the apparent dig at Star Trek. What's wrong with Star Trek?!? :)

Keep in mind this is just food for thought and not meant as anything more.

There could one day be a massive revolt against the Liberal agenda and and it could become as violent as any revolution.

If that were to happen and Liberals have followed their own dreams and disarm themselves it's game over at the start.

The Liberals seem to want a Godless, Gun-less, Gutless, Goofy nation for wimps, and weirdos.

Just a thought or two

Last edited:
Keep in mind this is just food for thought and not meant as anything more.

The Liberals seem to want a Godless, Gun-less, Gutless, Goofy nation for wimps, and weirdos.

Just a thought or two

You forgot a few pieces, we want a Godless, Islamic, Gun-less Gutless, Goofy nation for wimps run by Sharia Law. :prof

My friends, my comrades...

I understand most of your posts and your criticism is indeed more than welcome, so we can all share our views on this subject, which has always been a controversial subject in this nation.

But I don't detect enough culture or intellectual honesty in you to make me continue this debate. The constant insults with which each and every single post of yours is equipped, the permanent ridiculing of contrary reasonings, the ortographical screaming and shouting like monkeys scream and shout on the branches of trees, the lack of respect towards everything that is higher than you in rank, thought and social behavior has indeed proved to be the main characteristic of this mediocre public website. Let it be said that I declare this thread to be over, since it cannot visibly continue without an augmented sense of scoffing that is common amongst primitive and uneducated peoples. Like you. Yes, like you. To continue this debate with you to try to reach a consensus would be the equivalent of trying to find logic in the braying of a donkey.

The negative effects on people of a capitalistic view of the world are nowhere to be seen and better understood than in this sort of cybernetic Irish pub. Only here have they reached exponential results. It's in this particular forum that materialism has fully flourished to produce the kind of destructive spirit that I want to crush with all my might.

I shall retreat to plan a comeback with arguments and reasonings as strong as steel. I will convince the minds of the people and lead them away from this collective madness, which resembles the truth but is in fact a mere softening of the senses, a brutal anesthesia.

Last edited:
This is just another one of the discrepancies in the US political system. Your politicians could learn a lot from us Up North.

Иосиф Сталин;1059685555 said:
My friends, my comrades...

I understand most of your posts and your criticism is indeed more than welcome, so we can all share our views on this subject, which has always been a controversial subject in this nation.

But I don't detect enough culture or intellectual honesty in you to make me continue this debate. The constant insults with which each and every single post of yours is equipped, the permanent ridiculing of contrary reasonings, the ortographical screaming and shouting like monkeys scream and shout on the branches of trees, the lack of respect towards everything that is higher than you in rank, thought and social behavior has indeed proved to be the main characteristic of this mediocre public website. Let it be said that I declare this thread to be over, since it cannot visibly continue without an augmented sense of scoffing that is common amongst primitive and uneducated peoples. Like you. Yes, like you. To continue this debate with you to try to reach a consensus would be the equivalent of trying to find logic in the braying of a donkey.

The negative effects on people of a capitalistic view of the world are nowhere to be seen and better understood than in this sort of cybernetic Irish pub. Only here have they reached exponential results. It's in this particular forum that materialism has fully flourished to produce the kind of destructive spirit that I want to crush with all my might.

I shall retreat to plan a comeback with arguments and reasonings as strong as steel. I will convince the minds of the people and lead them away from this collective madness, which resembles the truth but is in fact a mere softening of the senses, a brutal anesthesia.

So, in other words, having completely failed in proving your position to have any validity, you are bowing out of the discussion. Probably a good idea. Come back with your "arguments". They will be demolished as well.

I'm concerned that this will destroy the sanctity of Lindsay Lohans' dad and his stripper fiancees potential marriage.

"Does NOMA understand that you can't vote on constitutional rights..." - SlackMaster

Homosexual marriage is not a constitutional right.

"Does NOMA understand that you can't vote on constitutional rights..." - SlackMaster

Homosexual marriage is not a constitutional right.

Marriage is a fundamental right of which the constitution protects.

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

In Perry v. Schwarzenegger (Prop 8 case)

The defendants (those who supported the ban on homosexual marriage) conceded that marriage was a fundamental right.

The defendants said...
[We] do not dispute that the right to marry is fundamental.

You can also see Zablocki v. Redhail or Turner v. Safley to see that marriage was upheld as a fundamental right.

Ban gay marriage nationwide. And if they don't like it, let them find another country. Just for this I'm capable of voting Republican.

Gays will eventually discriminate against normal people. They will retaliate. Like blacks are trying to do now, but obviously they can't be open about it, so they use little things to retaliate. Except criminals who don't have any remorses. This happens because people are becoming weak and they're giving rights to whom will cause their demise and that of their families. It's like Europeans not resisting the Muslim invasion. It's all decadence. I'm glad I don't leave any children behind me.

Last edited:
Иосиф Сталин;1059684169 said:
You don't understand because you grew up amidst that multicultural propaganda that gays are OK, minorities should be given preference all the time, and every citizen should own a gun.

And why should they be allowed to marry? Who says they can? Who says two men can marry each other? That is disgusting. In the future, anybody who doesn't approve of gay marriage or doesn't act gay is going to be persecuted.

Don't forget that. Only one mentality can prevail. It's either them or us. We cannot co-exist, because they want to destroy normal people. You have to become like them, if you are to progress in the future world. Well, not under my watch. I'm not becoming another gay. Quit dreaming about all those happy-end movies. This is not Hollywood. This is real life.

We can already witness this in colleges, where a certain degree of gayness makes you cool and appreciated, whereas if you don't tolerate that behavior you're immediately marginalized.

Yeah, I'm watching you, buddies. This is not MTV.

ooohhhh........who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

"Marriage is a fundamental right of which..." - SlackMaster

Congratulations. You managed to post a bunch of links that have nothing to do with homosexual marriage or it's constitutionality.

How about we legalize gay marriage nationwide. And if you don't like it, you can find another country. Just for this I'm capable of voting independent, because I get that this really shouldn't decide my vote. So what- you're saying that because gay people are oppressed, that at some point they will oppress? And because of this we should do something that is never mentioned in the constitution. Last time I checked, blacks aren't retaliating- most are just trying to live their lives, free of racism or oppression. What are you going to tell me next- that the Indian Reservations are wrong because someday they're going to ride out on their mustangs and destroy us for crushing them and their civilizations? Fat chance- while you may spend all your time thinking about minority-centered conspiracy theories, they spend theirs trying to make money and live the American dream. In addition- when did homosexuals ever cause problems for you? Has you or your family been beaten, cheated, stolen from, or in any way illegally harmed by homosexuals? Has their marriage broken yours? Or are you just panicking because you believe everything you see on TV?

"Marriage is a fundamental right of which..." - SlackMaster

Congratulations. You managed to post a bunch of links that have nothing to do with homosexual marriage or it's constitutionality.

It has everything to do with marriage being a fundamental right protected by the constitution.

Saying that "homosexual" marriage is not a fundamental right is like saying that "homosexual" speech is not a fundamental right.

Freedom of speech is a right regardless of sex.

The people who defended prop 8 conceded this point! The people on YOUR side don't even argue this fact in a court of law.

“It has everything to do with marriage being a fundamental right protected by the constitution.” - SlackMaster

Marriage is a right for certain people…but nobody is allowed to marry just anyone.

“Saying that "homosexual" marriage is not a fundamental right is like saying that "homosexual" speech is not a fundamental right.” - SlackMaster

A pathologically stupid comment. Speech cannot be “homosexual” just as it cannot be “heterosexual”.

“The people who defended prop 8 conceded this point!” - SlackMaster

I’ve no idea what they did or didn’t do. I wasn’t there.

“It has everything to do with marriage being a fundamental right protected by the constitution.” - SlackMaster

Marriage is a right for certain people…but nobody is allowed to marry just anyone.

If Marriage is a fundamental right(it is and has been consistently ruled to be) then there are very clear guidelines to when that right can be denied. There are three levels of standards used to determine what rights can and cannot be infringed. These are, from weakest to strongest, Rational Basis Review, Intermediate Scrutiny, and Strict Scrutiny. Under the lowest form of Scrutiny, "The rational basis review tests whether a governmental action is a reasonable means to an end that may be legitimately pursued by the government", which means that SSM has to be allowed unless there is a legitimate reason for the government to not allow it. So far no court to my knowledge has accepted any argument as a legitimate one to ban SSM.

What makes it even worse for those opposed to SSM is that so far the rulings have stated that while SSM bans do not pass Rational Basis Review, the actual level of review appropriate is Strict Scrutiny. From wiki(Strict scrutiny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

To pass strict scrutiny, the law or policy must satisfy three tests:

--It must be justified by a compelling governmental interest. While the Courts have never brightly defined how to determine if an interest is compelling, the concept generally refers to something necessary or crucial, as opposed to something merely preferred. Examples include national security, preserving the lives of multiple individuals, and not violating explicit constitutional protections.

--The law or policy must be narrowly tailored to achieve that goal or interest. If the government action encompasses too much (overbroad) or fails to address essential aspects of the compelling interest, then the rule is not considered narrowly tailored.

--The law or policy must be the least restrictive means for achieving that interest, that is, there cannot be a less restrictive way to effectively achieve the compelling government interest. The test will be met even if there is another method that is equally the least restrictive. Some legal scholars consider this "least restrictive means" requirement part of being narrowly tailored, though the Court generally evaluates it separately.

There is no evidence whatsoever of a compelling government interest in banning SSM. Good luck in finding one.

Or perhaps you could present something that actually supports your argument instead of making wild allegations.

Back
Top Bottom