• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Reason to Flee California

Sorry, but it's all true.
So if you stick a homosexual Fijian woman on your board, does she count for three points or just one?

What about cap and trade? If I stick ten points worth of people I don't want on my board, and I only need 5 points, can I sell my other 5 points to you so that you can actually hire five more of the people you want?

So if you stick a homosexual Fijian woman on your board, does she count for three points or just one?

What about cap and trade? If I stick ten points worth of people I don't want on my board, and I only need 5 points, can I sell my other 5 points to you so that you can actually hire five more of the people you want?
I have no idea.

Older folks cash out of their high valued homes and move to cheap states.

If "moving to a cheap state" means a place overrun by ignorant people, cursed with hellish weather and and saddled with a lot of sh*t that just plain doesn't work, I'll just die here, thanks.
There's a reason phrases like "No country for old men" strike a chord.
It's not just the movie, it's something that rang true long before the phrase became a movie title.
No country for old men, or old women.
I'll never put my wife through the kinds of things that risk her health and safety ever again, and if that means the cost of living is higher, so be it. But at least she will be safe and healthy....she already sacrificed much of her health already in service to the country. That's more than enough.

This is a tinfoil conspiracy theory, right?

Please. Tell me this is satire or bunkum from some ISIS blog.

Use this as a guide, please....

U.S. President Donald Trump met with 30 men in the U.S. House of Representatives' Freedom Caucus to discuss maternity care.

_95295430_pence_976.jpg

Notice anything missing? How about females?
The rejected California measure notwithstanding (it was a poorly written bill) this is the problem similar measures are trying to address.

If "moving to a cheap state" means a place overrun by ignorant people, cursed with hellish weather and and saddled with a lot of sh*t that just plain doesn't work, I'll just die here, thanks.
There's a reason phrases like "No country for old men" strike a chord.
It's not just the movie, it's something that rang true long before the phrase became a movie title.
No country for old men, or old women.
I'll never put my wife through the kinds of things that risk her health and safety ever again, and if that means the cost of living is higher, so be it. But at least she will be safe and healthy....she already sacrificed much of her health already in service to the country. That's more than enough.
I gotcha. Just that with many folks having practically very little retirement sitting on a house worth a million plus..selling and buying a house in some other state for 1/6th that value...now have a big nest egg to live off of.

I live in Florida and see it all the time. I love Cali. Visit for both work and vacations but the cost of living..used to living like a king for cheap.

I gotcha. Just that with many folks having practically very little retirement sitting on a house worth a million plus..selling and buying a house in some other state for 1/6th that value...now have a big nest egg to live off of.

I live in Florida and see it all the time. I love Cali. Visit for both work and vacations but the cost of living..used to living like a king for cheap.

I don't make a king's ransom anymore (retired) but what I make is steady because it's based on investments that are fairly conservative. The rest of what I make is based off retail media products that I own, a couple of which have proven staying power.
They may not ever reach gold or platinum status but they've been selling steadily since 1989 in one format or another.
Wife's income is her VA disability pension. She is 100% service connected disabled.
So, it's likely those will remain the same, and we expect to finish paying the house off by around 2025 or so.

I'm very mindful of the fact that lots of people are not in this position but as I mentioned earlier, I began to plan for this a long time ago. My wife's health was bad to begin with, mine began to decline too.
"No country for old men".

Notice anything missing? How about females?
The rejected California measure notwithstanding (it was a poorly written bill) this is the problem similar measures are trying to address.
They wouldn't need to have women. Just stick three homosexual men, two Liberians, a Maori shaman, and a paraplegic Sioux man on the board and they've met their quota.

It's the height of legislative arrogance to presume that one can "fix" people's preferences by forcing them to take on people they neither want nor need.

theres always lompoc
Lompoc? Where the only beach is infested with Great Whites? No thanks lol. Nice little town I have relatives there but no.

You might want to consider that most of us Californians really don't give a damn about skin color or race. Now we are seeing some exceptions, lots of Karens running around but in general, all of us are pretty cool about diversity.
You are right. As a fellow SoCal, ( San Bernardino unfortunately) I'm ok with the diversity. Its the rudeness of ppl down here, the crime, the traffic, the taxes, and the ever-worsening gun laws that are prompting me to leave.

You are right. As a fellow SoCal, ( San Bernardino unfortunately) I'm ok with the diversity. Its the rudeness of ppl down here, the crime, the traffic, the taxes, and the ever-worsening gun laws that are prompting me to leave.

I just drove back to Solvang from Palm Springs last Saturday morning. Traffic on the 10 was light but between the trucks and crazy speeding cars, we were mentally exhausted.

I just drove back to Solvang from Palm Springs last Saturday morning. Traffic on the 10 was light but between the trucks and crazy speeding cars, we were mentally exhausted.
Our daughter went to UC Santa Barbara and we have relatives in Lompoc. We went to Solvang a number of times when we went to visit out there. I really miss those trips. Anderson's split pea soup, the Llama petting zoo, And the wonderful food and art galleries in downtown Solvang. We were just talking about taking another trip when this all blows over...

I am looking at moving to California to marry my girlfriend, and the rents in LA are now going down because people are leaving. I’ve been looking at studios in certain neighborhoods and it’s now possible to find a decent studio or one bed for less then a grand in most of LA county, which wasn’t the case even a year ago.

Falling rents in middle class areas are a good indicator people had enough.

I am looking at moving to California to marry my girlfriend, and the rents in LA are now going down because people are leaving. I’ve been looking at studios in certain neighborhoods and it’s now possible to find a decent studio or one bed for less then a grand in most of LA county, which wasn’t the case even a year ago.

Falling rents in middle class areas are a good indicator people had enough.
The market never lies.

Oops. Yeah, 1848.

I read the treaty decades ago and it had vagaries, but it sounded to me that Mexicans (at least some) could come and go legally.

The bigger thing is the land was stolen from Mexico. I heard some Americans wanted to expand geographically and expand chattel slavery, that Mexico was anti-slavery, and that was a part of the American war against Mexico.

The land was not stolen, it was militarily occupied and then Mexico signed a treaty ceding the CLAIMS to that land for money.

No land was taken from Mexico proper, the Mexican cession was land Mexico claimed but was largely uninhabited by Mexican people other then handfuls of rural communities headed by white Spaniards who’s property was respected. The area comprising the city of Compton was at that time a large Hacienda run by a man named Dominguez for example.

However it is not accurate to say any land was stolen from Mexico

Another California bashing thread by an OP that does not live in California...

Zero ****s given ocean.jpg

This is the opposite of 1984. Before, companies were barred from participating in Affirmative Action programs. The repeal of Proposition 209 would give companies the option to do so. This is more freedom for businesses, not less.
Not really, it is about allowing companies to favor bi lingual employees over English speakers when it is not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom