• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Active shooter Chicago hospital

Where does that massive, very influential chuck of the American right / Republican party known as the religious right fit in there? They would seem to be "parents", though they tend to teach their children to be very submissive and deferential to authority. Accordingly, they tend to support authoritarian leaders and political systems.

...or the "I got mine, F' you" contingent?

yeah in some ways you are correct. the bible thumpers do but the difference is that they see their Version of God to be the supreme power while the "Parents" in the left see themselves and the government as the ultimate authority

Hispanics and Latinos are Caucasian.

well he appears to be mixed. I know that for years the government would list Latinos as "white" when they were charged with crimes but as not white when they were victims. Now when you buy a gun, Form 4473 asks if you are "white non hispanic" or hispanic white. Now I know "hispanics" who are Spanish and are as white as Norwegians. Most hispanics often have African or Native American blood in their mix. I don't think the person I was responding to meant White Hispanic

well he appears to be mixed. I know that for years the government would list Latinos as "white" when they were charged with crimes but as not white when they were victims. Now when you buy a gun, Form 4473 asks if you are "white non hispanic" or hispanic white. Now I know "hispanics" who are Spanish and are as white as Norwegians. Most hispanics often have African or Native American blood in their mix. I don't think the person I was responding to meant White Hispanic

The fact that you are dissecting this pretty much supports the point. I dont see people making that same distinction when it comes to blacks, when nearly ALL African-Americans have a good % of white blood.

You're the one baiting, not debating.

I am asking why developed nations with enforced gun control have low gun crime rates. That is all. Why are you turning it into something the question is not? I am not trying to trip you up and prove you a racist. Did not even think of that possibility until you implied it. I want a pro gun view on an answer to my question.

The fact that you are dissecting this pretty much supports the point. I dont see people making that same distinction when it comes to blacks, when nearly ALL African-Americans have a good % of white blood.

I am merely destroying the idiotic argument of the person who predicted the shooter was a "white conservative male"

I wish the liberals on this board would take note of that when they refer to the guys south of our border as "brown people" and refer to conservatives as "racists" for not wanting them come in.

yeah in some ways you are correct. the bible thumpers do but the difference is that they see their Version of God to be the supreme power while the "Parents" in the left see themselves and the government as the ultimate authority

That picture holds until they get themselves elected saying that their God's law needs to be the law of the land (Roy Moore comes to mind, and Pence is one though not as vocal). They have done that already, and the Republican party / Trump is busy stuffing the judiciary with that mindset.

I am not really disagreeing with your caricature, just point out that the right has its control freaks. Prohibition was foisted upon the USA by a combination of do-gooders on the left and right (progressive extremists and moralizing religionists).

That picture holds until they get themselves elected saying that their God's law needs to be the law of the land (Roy Moore comes to mind, and Pence is one though not as vocal). They have done that already, and the Republican party / Trump is busy stuffing the judiciary with that mindset.

I am not really disagreeing with your caricature, just point out that the right has its control freaks. Prohibition was foisted upon the USA by a combination of do-gooders on the left and right (progressive extremists and moralizing religionists).

yeah I agree with you-I have almost as little use for the bible thumpers as I do the Leftwing authoritarians. And you are correct about the prohibition-progressive busy bodies and bible slurpers were responsible.

I wish the liberals on this board would take note of that when they refer to the guys south of our border as "brown people" and refer to conservatives as "racists" for not wanting them come in.

I see you continue to make a distinction based on skin color.

:lamo :lamo

It's an excellent book that you could have even looked up on Amazon to not look so idiotic.

It's nothing of the kind.

I haven't read it. Don't plan on reading it. If a communist recommends it, it's probably bull****.

:lol:

That's bordering on desperation. I'm betting you'd want them to "lighten up" Lopez's picture to help fit that narrative.

:lol:

That's bordering on desperation. I'm betting you'd want them to "lighten up" Lopez's picture to help fit that narrative.

Sorry if facts bother you.

I always found that hilarious how wanting to stop illegal immigration on the southern border is racist even though they are white. I always thought that those on the left believe that it is impossible to be racist against white people.

Just breaking. Link to come.

*edit

Police respond to report of active shooter at Chicago hospital

Police were responding to reports of shots fired at Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Monday afternoon.

Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer for the Chicago Police Department, said there are reports of multiple victims on Twitter Tuesday.

One suspect was shot as searches of the area were continuing, authorities said. Mercy Hospital is 26 blocks south of the Chicago Loop.​

I think this is the hospital responsible for most of the young urban educated elites moving into the Prairie District slightly off the East. But, I imagine most of the patients are from points further south, a blighted area which was slated to become the Olympic Village during the filed bid to win the 2016 Summer Games.

Back
Top Bottom