• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Active shooter Chicago hospital

Just breaking. Link to come.

*edit

Police respond to report of active shooter at Chicago hospital

Police were responding to reports of shots fired at Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Monday afternoon.

Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer for the Chicago Police Department, said there are reports of multiple victims on Twitter Tuesday.

One suspect was shot as searches of the area were continuing, authorities said. Mercy Hospital is 26 blocks south of the Chicago Loop.​

On the positive side, the victims didn't have to pay for an expensive ambulance ride in order to receive medical treatment.

Sorry about that, but some things are just do damn "SAD!" the the only thing that stops you from weeping is to laugh.

The motive doesn't matter. Violence is attractive to our society and in many situations for many people, the preferred course of conflict resolution.

IOW, violence has become "socially normalized" (which does NOT mean the same thing as "socially acceptable").

IOW, violence has become "socially normalized" (which does NOT mean the same thing as "socially acceptable").

It doesn't have to be society as a whole. It only has to be a segment.

When I say violence, it's doesn't always mean gun violence.

From the description that I read, it seems like a crime of passion.
Yep. It appears to be a Domestic, with two of the four shot being the cop and the perp, and one of the other two being the perp's g/f.

Just breaking. Link to come.

*edit

Police respond to report of active shooter at Chicago hospital

Police were responding to reports of shots fired at Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Monday afternoon.

Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer for the Chicago Police Department, said there are reports of multiple victims on Twitter Tuesday.

One suspect was shot as searches of the area were continuing, authorities said. Mercy Hospital is 26 blocks south of the Chicago Loop.​

This may be a bit callous of me, but if there's going to be an active shooter, having it happen in a hospital literally at the place everyone shot would go to get care is probably...slightly better?

Assuming the shooter doesn't kill the ER teams.

It doesn't have to be society as a whole. It only has to be a segment.

When I say violence, it's doesn't always mean gun violence.

Time those doctors stayed in their lane, but what if the gun nut lane runs through their hospital?

I may be jumping the gun, but what odds the shooter is another white conservative man? Waiting for trump's tweet attacking the hospital staff for not carrying guns.

Yep thats what I want to see in hospitals - nurses and doctors carrying guns.

I agree,it must be some crazed mormon or amish man.South side Chicago is loaded with these animals.

I agree,it must be some crazed mormon or amish man.South side Chicago is loaded with these animals.
Mercy hospital is located in Bronzeville in which is an affluent southside neighborhood.

The motive doesn't matter. Violence is attractive to our society and in many situations for many people, the preferred course of conflict resolution.

I didnt say it was necessarily motive, I pointed out a demographic: loser males.

And my question/solution was to figure out how and why our society is creating these.

And my question/solution was to figure out how and why our society is creating these.

Unfortunately in order to do that you first have to admit that there is a possibility that there is something that isn't perfect.

Domestic dispute? Well this thread will die out soon then. No outside motives that people can harp on.

All that gun control isn't doing jack ****?

Works for the rest of the developed world. Difference is, those countries' gun laws are uniform.

When was the last time you saw a checkpoint at Chicago's city limits?

chartoftheday_3672_americas_insane_rate_of_gun_homicide_in_perspective_n.jpg

So then what's the point? The laws will still only apply to 'people that obey the laws.' :doh

This is the most confounding argument of them all. Why have any laws if it only applies to people who obey the laws? Murderers are going to murder. Rapists are going to rape. Can YOU explain the chart in my previous post?

It doesn't work in Mexico.

Mexico is not a developed nation, but if you want to bring that standard to the USA... :lamo

Why do developed nations with gun control have lower gun crime rates, apdst? According to your logic they should have much higher gun crime rates than the US because, remember, only the criminals have the guns. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Mexico is not a developed nation, but if you want to bring that standard to the USA... :lamo

Why do developed nations with gun control have lower gun crime rates, apdst? According to your logic they should have much higher gun crime rates than the US because, remember, only the criminals have the guns. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

FYI

Mexico Registers Its Highest Number Of Homicides On Record

"4 out of every 5 homicide cases still go unsolved. More than 90 percent of all crimes go unpunished"

They are developed enough to recognize some fundamental truths.....even if some of you cannot.

Last edited:

So?....

This is the most confounding argument of them all. Why have any laws if it only applies to people who obey the laws? Murderers are going to murder. Rapists are going to rape. Can YOU explain the chart in my previous post?

Can YOU?

So comparing developed nations to developing nations is comparing apples to oranges. They have far more government corruption, drug cartels running cities, poverty rates, etc. it would be far more appropriate to compare a developed nation (USA) to another developed nation (uk). But you won’t do that because that goes against your political agenda.

It tells me that the NRA propaganda about gun control = more gun crime is absolutely false.

Why isn't gun control working in Mexico?

So comparing developed nations to developing nations is comparing apples to oranges. They have far more government corruption, drug cartels running cities, poverty rates, etc. it would be far more appropriate to compare a developed nation (USA) to another developed nation (uk). But you won’t do that because that goes against your political agenda.

Are people in the third world inferior?

Back
Top Bottom