• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Active shooter Chicago hospital

I will repost as you are being slippery on this.

The statistics show developed nations with gun control have lower gun crime rates than the USA. How can this be? Why can’t you answer this simple question?

Luckily you have the president to take you seriously.

"But...Truuuuuuump!" :lamo

Nice personal attack, too.

It's all you people have.

You're race baiting.

You are the one who implied it. I am simply asking for an explanation other than enforced gun laws that explain the low gun crime rates in developed countries. There can be a thousand answers other than race.

"But...Truuuuuuump!" :lamo

Nice personal attack, too.

It's all you people have.

You are talking about sides. Trumpcult is your side.

Remember, Trump loves the poorly educated. They are easiest for snake oil salesmen to manipulate.

Yep - that will solve all these mass shootings. GUN CONTROL NOW!

Have you even the slightest clue where this shooting took place?

It tells me that the NRA propaganda about gun control = more gun crime is absolutely false.

well we know that more gun control does not reduce crime-that is a given. why is it that almost every advocate for more gun control is an advocate for more government?

Remember, Trump loves the poorly educated. They are easiest for snake oil salesmen to manipulate.

the people who want to suck on the public tit tend to be poorly educated. which party panders to people about providing public tits?

well we know that more gun control does not reduce crime-that is a given.

Then why do developed nations with more gun control have lower gun crime rates?

the people who want to suck on the public tit tend to be poorly educated. which party panders to people about providing public tits?

Trump was overwhelmingly voted in by the poorly educated while the educated voted for Hillary so there goes your theory.

You can always tell when a Liberal loses an argument. They launch into personal attacks.

You can always tell when a Liberal loses an argument. They launch into personal attacks.

Naw, I gave up on you actually engaging in debate and answering relevant questions.

Are you saying Trump lost to Acosta?

Then why do developed nations with more gun control have lower gun crime rates?

You said earlier that they have lower crime rates, not just gun crime rates

Naw, I gave up on you actually engaging in debate and answering relevant questions.

Are you saying Trump lost to Acosta?

You're the one baiting, not debating.

Trump was overwhelmingly voted in by the poorly educated while the educated voted for Hillary so there goes your theory.

that's really stupid. lots of well educated people are power hungry and want big government. the largest number of "advanced degrees" are teachers and the teachers unions are massive supporters of the Democrat Party. Same with attorneys. But people who run their own businesses tend to vote GOP. and HS Dropouts have been favoring Democrats for decades.

You said earlier that they have lower crime rates, not just gun crime rates

I am talking about gun crime rates. But your effort to split hairs in this debate as if it is relevant has not gone unnoticed. Quite pathetic, actually.

Last edited:
that's really stupid. lots of well educated people are power hungry and want big government. the largest number of "advanced degrees" are teachers and the teachers unions are massive supporters of the Democrat Party. Same with attorneys. But people who run their own businesses tend to vote GOP. and HS Dropouts have been favoring Democrats for decades.

Unions are about balancing power. But please keep believing Republicans don’t want power. :lamo

Unions are about balancing power. But please keep believing Republicans don’t want power. :lamo

some do but most of them want to be left alone
Lefties-as a group-tend to be like some families. A ton of people who want others to take care of them (children), those who are libertines who disrespect authority, bitch and moan but still want the government to make the tough decisions for them (teenagers) and the control freaks who want to run everyone else's lives (the "parents")

This is the most confounding argument of them all. Why have any laws if it only applies to people who obey the laws? Murderers are going to murder. Rapists are going to rape. Can YOU explain the chart in my previous post?

I've explained this many times. Most criminal laws do not infringe on a person's rights *if they comply with the law.* As a matter of fact, they dont harm the person in any way at all, as long as they dont commit that crime. Laws against rape dont affect or harm a man...unless he rapes a woman. (And of course, laws dont do harm, enforcement/sentences do)

Gun laws do that...they infringe on our 2A rights and our property rights and our right to self defense. They make us more vulnerable to criminals...it leaves them with an advantage since "they wont obey the laws." Gun restrictions do harm to those that obey the laws...both in fact and potentially.

Last edited:
See previous post. I swear, the Trumpcult has a hivemind.

I am a liberal Democrat and by no means a Donald supporter.

Laws/programs are only as effective as the government officials who enforce them. Mexican government is one of the most corrupt in the world.

Now answer my question: why does gun control work in developed nations?

CA has tons of gun control. It just failed miserably in Thousand Oaks. CA had laws against almost everything that shooter did and carried.

Why doesnt gun control work in CA?

Chicago has stricter gun laws even than IL...why didnt gun control stop this shooting?

some do but most of them want to be left alone
Lefties-as a group-tend to be like some families. A ton of people who want others to take care of them (children), those who are libertines who disrespect authority, bitch and moan but still want the government to make the tough decisions for them (teenagers) and the control freaks who want to run everyone else's lives (the "parents")

Where does that massive, very influential chuck of the American right / Republican party known as the religious right fit in there? They would seem to be "parents", though they tend to teach their children to be very submissive and deferential to authority. Accordingly, they tend to support authoritarian leaders and political systems.

...or the "I got mine, F' you" contingent?

Sounds like some anti-capitalist bull****.

:lamo :lamo

It's an excellent book that you could have even looked up on Amazon to not look so idiotic.

It's nothing of the kind.

Back
Top Bottom