• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

No need to deflect from Trump's failures with baseless speculation.

Speaking of speculation, I didn't mention Trump at all (and I am definitely no Trumpist)

I did notice you deflected from answering the question though, do you, or do you not feel it is good policy to base representation on non citizens?

Not a Trumpist, eh? Then why run to cast doubt on Team Biden's statements about Team Trump's failure to have any distribution plan with bullshit speculation?

Why mock the impeachment of Trump as "virtue signalling"?

So then, yes virtue signaling? As it won't much matter at that point.

Or a "political ploy"?

Ahh , now THIS i can agree with! Why can't we all just admit that it is a political ploy designed for a specific goal, not that it has any real merit for proposed reason of inciting a riot. Subjective readings of the word "fight" is not going to cut it

Why try to claim Trump didn't have anything to do with the storming of the capitol?

Um, maybe if Trump was the cause of the actual storming of the Capitol and evidence to prove that he was.

Or this knee-jerk attempt to attack Scarborough for musing about suing Trump for amplifying the CT about how Scarborough supposedly had an aide killed?

Would definitely follow to see actual definitions of words being used. How context can be everything, or meaningless.
Subjective reading of tweets will not end well for either party

Or defend Trump from an accusation of only being after wealth/power with a dishonest both-sides statement suggesting Biden is just the same?

Biden may well be the better person but for you to think that he isn't obsessed with the money and power of the office is ludicrous, every single politician is obsessed with money and power.

Don't worry. We've had all sorts that relentlessly defend or deflect from Trump while claiming not to be Trumpists. It's transparent and tiresome.

:rolleyes:

PS: it probably didn't help that even though I said nothing about you being a Trumpist, you nonetheless volunteered "and I am definitely no Trumpist."

It's telling. Kinda like when a mother looks in the rear view mirror, sees her son fiddling with his shirt in the back seat, asks what he's doing, and the son blurts out "I didn't steal any candy bars from the store!" Sure, sure.

You've made a simple error. Representation for non-citizens does not mean voting. It means being counted and having their voices heard. Being counted is the first step in representation.

To advocate that some people living in America not have the most basic of representation so as to further a political agenda is the very definition of fascism.

It's betraying our core principle to advance a political agenda. Political agendas should be advanced through ideas not fascism.
Yet the purpose of the census is to count US citizens. Assimilation into the US via citizenship has always been the expected route, not staying in the US indefinitely and expecting representation based on illegal entry and habitation.

The betrayal is allowing people to stay here illegally for political leverage in the one case and economic leverage in the other.

Its past time to draw the line, get on the path to citizenship or get out.

Which was and is in shambles as an actual helpful policy. Yes it helped some of the poorest, meanwhile it hosed everyone else.
What's fascinating is the ACA is "in shambles as an actual helpful policy", but in well over a decade, the GOP hasn't managed to figure out something better. Why is that that the Trump administration and GOP can't improve on something that's an obvious "shambles" despite YEARS of promises of a better, cheaper plan that covers more people for less for everything they need done?

And it did not "[hose] everyone else." That's ignorant or a lie. The vast majority were at best/worst not affected since it did little to employer provided insurance, which is where most of us not seniors get insurance, and it improved Medicare, which obviously insures all our seniors, and expanded Medicaid, which insures most people who don't get insurance through work. For our plan, the big changes were "free" contraception and annual physicals. DISASTER!!!

What is left to do is make insurance affordable for those making more than the subsidy levels, but not enough to really afford the $1,000 per month or more for private insurance, more for a family. If the GOP have a way to provide decent insurance at an affordable price without expanding the subsidies, America would love to see it. Throwing rocks at others who cannot accomplish this seemingly impossible goal isn't a plan. It's just stupid whining about how that other guy sucked, and you'd do better, but never tell us how. It's what incompetents do.

Yet the purpose of the census is to count US citizens. Assimilation into the US via citizenship has always been the expected route, not staying in the US indefinitely and expecting representation based on illegal entry and habitation.

The betrayal is allowing people to stay here illegally for political leverage in the one case and economic leverage in the other.

Its past time to draw the line, get on the path to citizenship or get out.
Well, the purpose of the census is to count people in the country, and many won't be citizens, and many of those are here as legal residents, as workers, etc. and some are here illegally. The census has never been used to count only "citizens" as that's not the purpose.

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”
But as White House officials begin to strategize on how best to remedy the situation they are finding that the foundation on which the Trump administration built its vaccine distribution program is more flawed than previously understood, according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning. From the accounting to the way vaccines are allocated and scheduled for delivery—the system doesn’t allow for the quick movement of vaccines off the manufacturing line to state vaccine distribution points, those officials said.

===========
Never be surprised that when we elect people that have a core ideology that the federal government can't do no good, the federal government does no good.

Hopefully, the Biden team, that was cut out of Covid cooperation with the old administration, can build a coordinated system of vaccine distribution.

Gonald Trump is not a manager, he has absolutely no management skills which is primarily people skills.

Anyone with the stunted social development that Trump has can never have good interpersonal skills, and without those you cannot build an effective, cohesive team, and without teams you cannot manage projects and without well managed projects you cant have meaningful, beneficial changes.

Bottom line - Trump was and is an @ss and nobody with a brain is even slightly surprised that he left chaos behind.

Too many of his naive fans do not know the difference between a boss and a leader.

The resources that are at the president's disposal are frankly astonishing yet Trump utterly failed to use these to any effect, completely failed to mobilize huge resources, the man is a total and utter disaster walking.

Didn’t take long for the blame your predecessor for all the nightmares you face game to start. When it proves challenging for the present administration to fix the problem just say: “I had no idea how bad I was left.” Biden’s administration must have been paying attention to Obama afterall.

Well, the purpose of the census is to count people in the country, and many won't be citizens, and many of those are here as legal residents, as workers, etc. and some are here illegally. The census has never been used to count only "citizens" as that's not the purpose.
Which has been distorted by having somewhere between 5% to 10% of our population inside the US outside of US law.

I was kind of hoping the fear mongering, anonymous sources and blame games would end with Trump. But instead its just more of the same. Instead of leadership we get the same old find someone to blame stories instead of just shut up and fixing it.

" according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning "
It is indeed but did you really expect them to say anything less?
Did you expect it to be anything else knowing that Trump was an incompetent president?

Hopefully this is good news. We have leadership now. An organized coordinated effort should speed things up.
Sadly, we had to wait until the Pandemic was in an exponential clusterfudge to
You are foolish if you believe that. What Trump did was strong arm the FDA forcing them to put the approval for the vaccine on "Warp Speed" otherwise it would have been what Fauci suggested or worse. Haters gotta Hate.
President Donald Trump said he expects there to be a vaccine “by the end of 2020,” according to NPR.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading infectious disease expert on the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said during a March 30 briefing that he thinks the vaccine will be ready for the public in 12 to 18 months.
I have repeatedly complemented Trump on Warp Speed.

But why should Fauci have underestimated the possibility of a vaccine. Even back in late march people were stuck on stupid in their behavior - acting like it was a big city problem.

And reasonably speaking, it is almost Feb.....is the vaccination available widely to the public?
I got it because I am a healthcare worker directly exposed. Nursing home patients. Check.
But vaccines on demand is not there yet. We are now looking toward Summer. :(

Vaccine development and approval wildly important. But it is actually vaccinations that matter.

So how wrong was Fauci in the end? The rollout and "stockpiles" were problematic. Vaccines are great. But unless they turn into vaccinations, they are beyond useless.

By the way....Trump repeatedly indicated that vaccines would be available by election day.

Didn’t take long for the blame your predecessor for all the nightmares you face game to start. When it proves challenging for the present administration to fix the problem just say: “I had no idea how bad I was left.” Biden’s administration must have been paying attention to Obama afterall.

Why do you object to Gonald Trump being blamed for the mistakes he has made with respect to Covid-19 pandemic planning?

He's a grown man, he never holds back from blaming everyone around him for everything, so why should he be treated like a snowflake?

Which has been distorted by having somewhere between 5% to 10% of our population inside the US outside of US law.

Are you certain you want to go down the path of “well if things are different/distorted from when the Constitution was written we can arbitrarily choose to interpret the clear language of it differently”?

Are you certain you want to go down the path of “well if things are different/distorted from when the Constitution was written we can arbitrarily choose to interpret the clear language of it differently”?

One side is gaming the system for political gain and the other for economic gain, you sure you want to shill for either of them?

One side is gaming the system for political gain and the other for economic gain, you sure you want to shill for either of them?

I’m not shilling for either side as that was my first post in this thread...I simply asked you a question which you didn’t answer.

Your contention is that since things are different now than when the Constitution is written, that it needs to be interpreted differently. I’m just asking if you’re sure that’s an argument you want to be making.

Why do you object to Gonald Trump being blamed for the mistakes he has made with respect to Covid-19 pandemic planning?

He's a grown man, he never holds back from blaming everyone around him for everything, so why should he be treated like a snowflake?
When a leader says “The buck stops with me.” I don’t see how blaming your predecessor for the challenges you face reflects that. What I see happening here is setting the stage for a possible failure on the part of the current administration. “If not for the mess the previous administration left me, I could have done better.”

I have no idea what has been distorted. The purpose of the census is to count PEOPLE. And the reason for that is simple enough - if you are a utility, or a business that sells food or anything else, or a government planning roads or housing or hospitals or police or fire etc. what matters to you is the number of PEOPLE in an area, not whether those people are citizens, or legal residents or 'illegals.' The services demanded don't change whether you count them or not, and counting only citizens is to intentionally be ignorant and stupid about the number of PEOPLE who will need products, services, medical care, etc.

If the GOP believe congressional districts ought to only consider citizens, fine, file a lawsuit, and get a court to agree, or change the law or the constitution. Not counting them as a back door way to achieve that is just ****ing idiotic.

I'm not super interested in blame games at this point. I think most rational people knew the prior administration didn't sweat details and voted for an administration that they believe will do so. So, back-and-forth over how bad the handoff was isn't too important IMO. Likewise, most rational people would expect that given how poorly the transition was handled versus prior years, there will be a period of a ~week or two to get the house in order. So, the various "why hasn't Biden fixed this yesterday?" posts can be safely ignored as trolling by posters looking to feel better about themselves.

Is the new admin planning to communicate covid through the daily press briefings or through a COVID specific briefing similar to what Trump held [sporadically] for a time?

I have no idea what has been distorted. The purpose of the census is to count PEOPLE. And the reason for that is simple enough - if you are a utility, or a business that sells food or anything else, or a government planning roads or housing or hospitals or police or fire etc. what matters to you is the number of PEOPLE in an area, not whether those people are citizens, or legal residents or 'illegals.' The services demanded don't change whether you count them or not, and counting only citizens is to intentionally be ignorant and stupid about the number of PEOPLE who will need products, services, medical care, etc.

If the GOP believe congressional districts ought to only consider citizens, fine, file a lawsuit, and get a court to agree, or change the law or the constitution. Not counting them as a back door way to achieve that is just ****ing idiotic.
Except the US hasn't had the percentage of non citizens since the 1800s. And I believe some censuses didn't count them either. I would have to look that one up and I'm out of time honestly.

I’m not shilling for either side as that was my first post in this thread...I simply asked you a question which you didn’t answer.

Your contention is that since things are different now than when the Constitution is written, that it needs to be interpreted differently. I’m just asking if you’re sure that’s an argument you want to be making.
No, my contention is ILLEGAL occupants shouldn't be counted, they should be deported.

No, my contention is ILLEGAL occupants shouldn't be counted, they should be deported.

Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

So I guess I’ll put you down for a “yes” that the Constitution can be interpreted differently than what its clear language says, since you’re evading directly answering the question and you haven’t changed your position.

It's not about shilling for anyone. The purpose of the census is clear. You misstated that purpose. It doesn't matter why you did that, just that you are wrong about why we have a census, what the language of the Constitution requires - count the "whole number of persons."

No one cares. The constitution requires that the census count "the whole number of persons." The end.

If you don't like it, lobby for a change to the constitution.

Except the US hasn't had the percentage of non citizens since the 1800s. And I believe some censuses didn't count them either. I would have to look that one up and I'm out of time honestly.
None of that is relevant to any part of my comment you quoted and ignored.

Back
Top Bottom