• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

No, but the affairs in my house are not of national consequence. Given the number of times Trump complained about Obama, it seems par for the course.

I think the areas where we can expect change are in policy. My expectations are still mixed regarding improvements to the state of polarization in this country.

Except things are supposed to be different. We know they wouldnt.

When a leader says “The buck stops with me.” I don’t see how blaming your predecessor for the challenges you face reflects that. What I see happening here is setting the stage for a possible failure on the part of the current administration. “If not for the mess the previous administration left me, I could have done better.”

Did you express the same sentiment when Gonald Trump repeatedly and incessantly complained about his predecessor?

The Trump administration made unrealistic promises about vaccine distribution, while completely failing to build the infrastructure needed for the task.

They destroyed their own credibility through months of lies and misinformation about the pandemic and the true state of affairs. The point of their lies about the pace of vaccine distribution was presumably to try and destroy the credibility of the administration hired to fix the mess they tried to conceal.

Rebuilding trust requires acknowledging what's true. And that requires identifying the lies the Trump administration told as such.

Exactly. Blame Trump. Looking for to seeing this for 4-infinite years.

Yes. I was told things would be different. (though i didnt expect it).
Well, we understand. It's fine to blame the Democrats, but when the Republican leaves office and the country is in a mess, the only proper thing to do is forget all that, come together as one country, and don't blame anyone for anything, unless it's a Democrat, then it's fine, but not if it's a Republican, because it really isn't fair to point out that the previous administration that was headed by Republicans handed off a disaster, that obviously was no one's fault, really, unless the president was a Democrat, then it's all his fault. I'm pretty sure that's the standard.

Did you express the same sentiment when Gonald Trump repeatedly and incessantly complained about his predecessor?
I see you prefer to talk about Trump rather than the point I made.

Exactly. Blame Trump. Looking for to seeing this for 4-infinite years.
Should Biden's people correct the lies made by Trump and Meadows or not?

Here's what they promised: https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/meadows-1-3-of-us-may-get-covid-vaccine-in-first-tranche/

Meadows said that by January there would be a second tranche bringing the total to 300 million doses, or almost the whole US population. “Our goal has been to have 300 million doses by January,”

“We’ll be able to distribute at least 100 million vaccine doses by the end of 2020 and a large number much sooner than that,” Trump said. “Under no circumstance will it be as late as the doctor said.”

I see you prefer to talk about Trump rather than the point I made.

Not at all, I wanted to ask why you take such an inequitable approach, merrily tolerating Trump blaming Obama regularly yet expressing disappointment and criticism of Biden after a single complaint voiced by Jeff Zients (not even Biden).

Surely if you really considered this conduct to be so bad you'd not single out Biden?

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”
But as White House officials begin to strategize on how best to remedy the situation they are finding that the foundation on which the Trump administration built its vaccine distribution program is more flawed than previously understood, according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning. From the accounting to the way vaccines are allocated and scheduled for delivery—the system doesn’t allow for the quick movement of vaccines off the manufacturing line to state vaccine distribution points, those officials said.

===========
Never be surprised that when we elect people that have a core ideology that the federal government can't do no good, the federal government does no good.

Hopefully, the Biden team, that was cut out of Covid cooperation with the old administration, can build a coordinated system of vaccine distribution.

Let's cut to the chase... You're not going to get your vaccines soon, and it's ALL Trump's fault.
You can count on Obama retread, blame tactics to go with .... Oh whoa is me, "look what we inherited."

Lol

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. Trump spent the better part of the pandemic trying to play down the pandemic, dividing the country, politicizing mask wearing, and not coming up with any amount of plan whatsoever.

And I quote....

"We will have to start from scratch."

Let's cut to the chase... You're not going to get your vaccines soon, and it's ALL Trump's fault.
You can count on Obama retread, blame tactics to go with .... Oh whoa is me, "look what we inherited."

Lol

The truth is often not pretty.

That is the normal pattern.

Look for them to rediscover the deficit any day now.
some have already been posting about the debt.

same ole, same ole.

Not a Trumpist, eh? Then why run to cast doubt on Team Biden's statements about Team Trump's failure to have any distribution plan with bullshit speculation?

Why mock the impeachment of Trump as "virtue signalling"?
Or a "political ploy"?
Why try to claim Trump didn't have anything to do with the storming of the capitol?
Or this knee-jerk attempt to attack Scarborough for musing about suing Trump for amplifying the CT about how Scarborough supposedly had an aide killed?
Or defend Trump from an accusation of only being after wealth/power with a dishonest both-sides statement suggesting Biden is just the same?
Don't worry. We've had all sorts that relentlessly defend or deflect from Trump while claiming not to be Trumpists. It's transparent and tiresome.

:rolleyes:

PS: it probably didn't help that even though I said nothing about you being a Trumpist, you nonetheless volunteered "and I am definitely no Trumpist."

It's telling. Kinda like when a mother looks in the rear view mirror, sees her son fiddling with his shirt in the back seat, asks what he's doing, and the son blurts out "I didn't steal any candy bars from the store!" Sure, sure.

The first two are simple: It accomplished exactly nothing, except to those vociferous in denouncing Trump, hopeful it did SOMETHING.

I attacked no one, I made a simple comment about the need for actual PROOF when convicted someone in criminal or civil court. So you know, not subjective readings of tweets.
I didn't and would not defend Trump, I simply lump all politicians into the same category but oh boy , no way can we have that !

Anything else?

What's fascinating is the ACA is "in shambles as an actual helpful policy", but in well over a decade, the GOP hasn't managed to figure out something better. Why is that that the Trump administration and GOP can't improve on something that's an obvious "shambles" despite YEARS of promises of a better, cheaper plan that covers more people for less for everything they need done?

And it did not "[hose] everyone else." That's ignorant or a lie. The vast majority were at best/worst not affected since it did little to employer provided insurance, which is where most of us not seniors get insurance, and it improved Medicare, which obviously insures all our seniors, and expanded Medicaid, which insures most people who don't get insurance through work. For our plan, the big changes were "free" contraception and annual physicals. DISASTER!!!

What is left to do is make insurance affordable for those making more than the subsidy levels, but not enough to really afford the $1,000 per month or more for private insurance, more for a family. If the GOP have a way to provide decent insurance at an affordable price without expanding the subsidies, America would love to see it. Throwing rocks at others who cannot accomplish this seemingly impossible goal isn't a plan. It's just stupid whining about how that other guy sucked, and you'd do better, but never tell us how. It's what incompetents do.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am a proponent of UHC in some form or fashion (devil in the details) so you won't find me defending the Republicans either.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am a proponent of UHC in some form or fashion (devil in the details) so you won't find me defending the Republicans either.
No, you're not defending Republicans, just making ignorant claims about what the Democrats did do, while the GOP did nothing for over a decade but bitch and whine about what those other guys did. Totally different.

You are foolish if you believe that. What Trump did was strong arm the FDA forcing them to put the approval for the vaccine on "Warp Speed" otherwise it would have been what Fauci suggested or worse. Haters gotta Hate.
President Donald Trump said he expects there to be a vaccine “by the end of 2020,” according to NPR.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading infectious disease expert on the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said during a March 30 briefing that he thinks the vaccine will be ready for the public in 12 to 18 months.

Lol
Your post didn't age well.
President Biden is using his first full day in office on Thursday to go on the offensive against the coronavirus, promising to make aggressive use of his executive authority to tame, and perhaps bring to an end, the worst public health crisis in a century.

In a 200-page document released Thursday called “National Strategy for the Covid-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness,” the new administration outlines the kind of centralized federal response that Democrats have long demanded and President Donald J. Trump refused.

No, you're not defending Republicans, just making ignorant claims about what the Democrats did do, while the GOP did nothing for over a decade but bitch and whine about what those other guys did. Totally different.

Just so i know what to defend, what exactly ignorant claim was made?
That the ACA is in shambles? Without the public mandate, it is a toothless, expensive, poor plan. They could have done better, you stating that the Republicans could have done more (while trivially true) does nothing to absolve the Democrats of the poor plan that they rushed through, simply to do SOMETHING.

Just so i know what to defend, what exactly ignorant claim was made?
That the ACA is in shambles? Without the public mandate, it is a toothless, expensive, poor plan. They could have done better, you stating that the Republicans could have done more (while trivially true) does nothing to absolve the Democrats of the poor plan that they rushed through, simply to do SOMETHING.
It's not 'trivial' to point out that people like you and the entire GOP including Congress and that guy who just left bitching and whining about the way some other guy did it is tiring as hell. If there's a better way, propose it. Yes, UHC would be great, and you're obviously a Republican and NONE of them will vote for it, because it would require MASSIVE tax increases. So you're holding out this unachievable goal as the alternative to the ACA. It's a gutless argument. So the entire contribution of the GOP and people like you to the debate is - "those other guys DID IT WRONG!!!" The end. That's it. That's the entire contribution made by the GOP and you to healthcare reform in this country.

And it wasn't just "something." Millions more are insured, and that's with the red states, thanks to Roberts et al, gutting the Medicaid expansion. I pointed out other ignorant claims - you didn't have the courtesy to quote that post and respond, so I won't try again. You're new here but if you want to know all the productive changes in ACA, look up Greenbeard's posts on it. You'll learn something you won't hear on Fox News or whatever right wing source informs you about ACA and the impacts.

Yes Yes, Obama did that and got almost nothing of consequence done. His entire 8 years was spent saying but I am better than Bush.

I would much prefer Biden actually get some real accomplishment, and NOT spend 4 or 8 years saying but he's better than Trump.
Obama accomplished quite a bit. His healthcare plan for one was historical/monumental. Read a book or 2 on the subject. Obama left the office with an approval rating of 59% for a variety of reasons. This asshole walked out with a rating of 33%.

Back
Top Bottom