• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

When politicians tell you that big government is bad, what they're announcing is that they're going to govern really, really badly. Which wouldn't be so bad if crises didn't happen.

Time to change Reagan’s quote

I am from the Republican Party and I am here to help

Well yes, that is why the hope for something different was there ... Trump was undeniably bad, do we really want more of the same?

Lol we are hoping for different. Biden is blaming and actually fixing.

More of the same would be blaming Trump and still doing nothing.

Yep, and apparently the next 4 years. But then what did we expect. Obamas whole term was blaming bush.

We'll see.

It's completely obvious the topic at hand, Covid, had absolutely little to no national leadership.

I was kind of hoping the fear mongering, anonymous sources and blame games would end with Trump. But instead its just more of the same. Instead of leadership we get the same old find someone to blame stories instead of just shut up and fixing it.

" according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning "

We'll get there. Right now it's the equivalent of walking into your home after the party your teenage kids threw while you were away and assessing the resulting mess. I'm personally past the blaming Trump phase and would rather figure out what to fix the areas where problems exist. Am I surprised that things are a disorganized mess? Nope.

Where did you see bothsiding? There is only one side, politicians (and they all do it, every time)
LOL, no, actually all politicians are not the same, and not every administration will be as inept and stupid as the last one. It's really OK to point that out. It's not more difficult than pointing out not all companies are the same, and some are run better than others, because of better leadership.

If it's your view that Trump left the COVID vaccine effort in tip top shape, and Biden's team is lying about the problems they are facing, say that. Maybe it's true, who knows. ALLSIDESARETHESAME isn't an argument, actually. For starters because it's wrong.

Trump is not someone who would ever be accused of sweating the details. If his Covid plan was incomplete he wouldn't even know or care.

His "covid plan" was to keep America #1 in both cases and deaths per capita by telling people to ignore medical advice and blocking shipment of vaccines.

Well yes, that is why the hope for something different was there ... Trump was undeniably bad, do we really want more of the same?
More of the same would be prioritizing ass-kissing sycophancy over competence, at every level, in every job, which was the Trump method. If you suspect that's also the Biden approach, say so. If not, I think we can expect something entirely different in the next four years.

More of the same would be prioritizing ass-kissing sycophancy over competence, at every level, in every job, which was the Trump method. If you suspect that's also the Biden approach, say so. If not, I think we can expect something entirely different in the next four years.
Actually I much prefer a wait and see method but to hear it here , he is the greatest thing since .... Well Trump (but that is hardly the bar we were hoping to vault) Is it?

LOL, no, actually all politicians are not the same, and not every administration will be as inept and stupid as the last one. It's really OK to point that out. It's not more difficult than pointing out not all companies are the same, and some are run better than others, because of better leadership.

If it's your view that Trump left the COVID vaccine effort in tip top shape, and Biden's team is lying about the problems they are facing, say that. Maybe it's true, who knows. ALLSIDESARETHESAME isn't an argument, actually. For starters because it's wrong.
Yes Yes, Obama did that and got almost nothing of consequence done. His entire 8 years was spent saying but I am better than Bush.

I would much prefer Biden actually get some real accomplishment, and NOT spend 4 or 8 years saying but he's better than Trump.

i had decided that i wasn't gonna talk about Trump as much starting today (he's gone, he's meaningless now). Biden will do work.

now i'm realizing, very quickly, that he left a much bigger mess than i thought. it's gonna be really hard not cussing the guy as more and more incompetence is uncovered.

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”
But as White House officials begin to strategize on how best to remedy the situation they are finding that the foundation on which the Trump administration built its vaccine distribution program is more flawed than previously understood, according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning. From the accounting to the way vaccines are allocated and scheduled for delivery—the system doesn’t allow for the quick movement of vaccines off the manufacturing line to state vaccine distribution points, those officials said.

===========
Never be surprised that when we elect people that have a core ideology that the federal government can't do no good, the federal government does no good.

Hopefully, the Biden team, that was cut out of Covid cooperation with the old administration, can build a coordinated system of vaccine distribution.
Seems like the left is getting their excuses in line as to why

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”
But as White House officials begin to strategize on how best to remedy the situation they are finding that the foundation on which the Trump administration built its vaccine distribution program is more flawed than previously understood, according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning. From the accounting to the way vaccines are allocated and scheduled for delivery—the system doesn’t allow for the quick movement of vaccines off the manufacturing line to state vaccine distribution points, those officials said.

===========
Never be surprised that when we elect people that have a core ideology that the federal government can't do no good, the federal government does no good.

Hopefully, the Biden team, that was cut out of Covid cooperation with the old administration, can build a coordinated system of vaccine distribution.
22 hours in, seems like the left is already getting their excuses in line as to why they are failing.

Nothings changed. They've been blaming Trump for the last 4+ years.

So because it's you guy, you see things that don't exist YET.

Color me unsurprised.

You're saying it's more of the same.

More of the same would be blaming and still doing nothing. We are not seeing that YET so you are the one jumping the gun.

come on guys. it's been almost 24 hours. Biden should have all the Trump incompetence and messes cleaned up by now.

so, here's what's really gonna happen. methodically, and with a qualified and talented team, Joe Biden is going to lead the Executive Branch out of these nightmares. and i bet that makes some people sad. those people that aren't actually pro-USA.

Actually I much prefer a wait and see method but to hear it here , he is the greatest thing since .... Well Trump (but that is hardly the bar we were hoping to vault) Is it?
Vaulting that bar is step one, which is why most of us voted for Biden, versus four more years of Trump. But, no, obviously, slightly better than the last guy isn't the goal, but you know that of course, so I don't know what your point is except to make a series of bothsides! or allsides! points that aren't interesting.

Back
Top Bottom