• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

We'll get there. Right now it's the equivalent of walking into your home after the party your teenage kids threw while you were away and assessing the resulting mess. I'm personally past the blaming Trump phase and would rather figure out what to fix the areas where problems exist. Am I surprised that things are a disorganized mess? Nope.

Would you call the press and anonymously complain about your kids? Or just get to cleaning?

Im under no illusion that anything would change. We're talking about politicians here, not actual leaders. If their lips are moving, their lieing, whatever party they claim. And the first order of business in any situation is how to use it to win elections.

Seems like the left is getting their excuses in line as to why

22 hours in, seems like the left is already getting their excuses in line as to why they are failing.

Nothings changed. They've been blaming Trump for the last 4+ years.
We've been correctly blaming Trump for 4+ years and everything we predicted, from the authoritarianism to policy based upon whim and neither economics or science, have all turned out to be correct.
There is a reason Trump polices flounder and fail, because every policy was (I love using the past tense referring to Trump) wrapped in Trump's ego always requiring someone else to blame. That's why Trump exited WHO. Unlike Biden, who hired seasoned professionals to address the Covid crisis, Trump put Kushner in charge, with predictable results.

Funny how you say they (Biden) are failing. Biden's plan calls for doubling the number of drive-through testing sites; investing in testing, including at-home tests and instant tests; and setting up a Pandemic Testing Board.

Also, his plan calls for establishing a U.S. Public Health Jobs Corps to mobilize at least 100,000 Americans across the country with support from local organizations in communities most at risk to perform culturally competent approaches to contact tracing and protecting at-risk populations.

As Ezra Klein wrote last week, Biden’s Covid-19 Plan Is Maddeningly Obvious.

Yes Yes, Obama did that and got almost nothing of consequence done. His entire 8 years was spent saying but I am better than Bush.
Well, that's a lie.

Bush did hand off a Great Recession, worst since the Great Depression, and a collapsing economy that lost 700,000 jobs the month before Obama took office, and financial markets in freefall, so, yeah, that did have a lot to do with the early years, and it's OK to point that out. Digging out of that hole was a years-long process.

And if you don't think competence matters, and ass-kissing sycophants at the top levels are just as good as people who are actually committed to their jobs and not worshipping Dear Leader, then I can't agree. I don't understand the stupid notion that "government" is corrupt and stupid and nothing anyone in leadership does matters, because government is corrupt and stupid. If you believe that, check out of politics, and go talk about football or fishing or something. It will be more productive. Don't vote either, since nothing matters and they are all the same. It's the approach of lots of Americans.

I would much prefer Biden actually get some real accomplishment, and NOT spend 4 or 8 years saying but he's better than Trump.
And what do your ALLSIDESARETHESAME comments have to do with anything, other than apparently you don't like people criticizing the departing administration?

Would you call the press and anonymously complain about your kids? Or just get to cleaning?
No, but the affairs in my house are not of national consequence. Given the number of times Trump complained about Obama, it seems par for the course.

Im under no illusion that anything would change. We're talking about politicians here, not actual leaders. If their lips are moving, their lieing, whatever party they claim. And the first order of business in any situation is how to use it to win elections.
I think the areas where we can expect change are in policy. My expectations are still mixed regarding improvements to the state of polarization in this country.

In this case, they are doing the cleaning. It's not actually an either/or thing.

What's a mystery is why someone who thinks they're all the same spends even five minutes worrying about politics. If that's true and you vote, you've just wasted all that effort to get in the car and go to the polls. Why not watch football replays or something?

Yes Yes, Obama did that and got almost nothing of consequence done. His entire 8 years was spent saying but I am better than Bush.

I would much prefer Biden actually get some real accomplishment, and NOT spend 4 or 8 years saying but he's better than Trump.
I guess you forgot about the ACA, the most consequential program since Medicare. You must have also forgotten about the Recovery Act, that stopped the slide into depression in 2009. There are of course other Obama actions that were indeed consequential, but the point is made that Obama didn't just spend 8-yrs saying he was better than Bush, although he was.

Let's just hope this Czar is as good at his job as he is at whining.

Daily Beast? MSM?

Well, that's a lie.

Bush did hand off a Great Recession, worst since the Great Depression, and a collapsing economy that lost 700,000 jobs the month before Obama took office, and financial markets in freefall, so, yeah, that did have a lot to do with the early years, and it's OK to point that out. Digging out of that hole was a years-long process.

And if you don't think competence matters, and ass-kissing sycophants at the top levels are just as good as people who are actually committed to their jobs and not worshipping Dear Leader, then I can't agree. I don't understand the stupid notion that "government" is corrupt and stupid and nothing anyone in leadership does matters, because government is corrupt and stupid. If you believe that, check out of politics, and go talk about football or fishing or something. It will be more productive. Don't vote either, since nothing matters and they are all the same. It's the approach of lots of Americans.

And what do your ALLSIDESARETHESAME comments have to do with anything, other than apparently you don't like people criticizing the departing administration?

I haven't much liked many administrations as I firmly believe that most of them are incompetent and only desire to stay in power. (All Policy) Clinton was our last good president, Obama was pomp and little circumstance, Trump was ok on policy but an absolute PR disaster, Bush was similar to Trump.

I was kind of hoping the fear mongering, anonymous sources and blame games would end with Trump.

Hope in one hand, crap in the other.

I guess you forgot about the ACA, the most consequential program since Medicare. You must have also forgotten about the Recovery Act, that stopped the slide into depression in 2009. There are of course other Obama actions that were indeed consequential, but the point is made that Obama didn't just spend 8-yrs saying he was better than Bush, although he was.
Which was and is in shambles as an actual helpful policy. Yes it helped some of the poorest, meanwhile it hosed everyone else.

Well yes, that is why the hope for something different was there ... Trump was undeniably bad, do we really want more of the same?

This is the part where you tell us you're not actually a Trump fan.

Speaking of speculation, I didn't mention Trump at all (and I am definitely no Trumpist)

I did notice you deflected from answering the question though, do you, or do you not feel it is good policy to base representation on non citizens?

What a load of bs. You reacted to the news with conspiracy theory. You might as well have been a Truther reminding us that maybe the story is fake. You are in Trump's pocket.

‘Worse Than We Imagined’: Team Trump Left Biden a COVID Nightmare

“What we’re inheriting from the Trump administration is so much worse than we could have imagined,” Jeff Zients, the Biden administration’s COVID-19 czar, said in a call with reporters Wednesday. “We don't have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”
But as White House officials begin to strategize on how best to remedy the situation they are finding that the foundation on which the Trump administration built its vaccine distribution program is more flawed than previously understood, according to two individuals involved with vaccine planning. From the accounting to the way vaccines are allocated and scheduled for delivery—the system doesn’t allow for the quick movement of vaccines off the manufacturing line to state vaccine distribution points, those officials said.

===========
Never be surprised that when we elect people that have a core ideology that the federal government can't do no good, the federal government does no good.

Hopefully, the Biden team, that was cut out of Covid cooperation with the old administration, can build a coordinated system of vaccine distribution.
This is typical left wing bulls***. The rapid pace with which the vaccine was developed under the Trump administration is record breaking. Biden has a vaccine thanks to Trump. The head of CDC says we are at almost 20 million vaccinations, the goal was 20 million by Jan. 1. Yes 3 weeks short but in government and with a new health crisis that we are still struggling with and with the lockdown of America, that's a high goal. Furthermore, the virus cases have dropped by 23 % in the last 11 days, so it appears we may have peaked. The "lies for power" Joe Biden mentioned in his speech are what his administration is telling America. They are setting up the country to accept their failure. Example, Biden said 100 million people vaccinated in 100 days. Now we see the Biden administration clarify, 100 million vaccinations is actually 50 million people each taking 2 shots. Already lessening expectations of their "lies for power".

Which was and is in shambles as an actual helpful policy. Yes it helped some of the poorest, meanwhile it hosed everyone else.

So you're a victim of poor people. No one is surprised. Tell us, is there a variety of poor people that you feel particularly victimized by?

A disastrous administration top-to-bottom. We’re going to be dealing with the aftermath of Trump’s screw-ups for a generation.
Please stop drinking the MSM and Biden administration kool aid. Lies for Power. Democrats tell you what they are going to do in every time they criticize their political opposition. Whatever they accuse the other side of they are doing. Haven't you figured that out. Trump Russia Collusion. Biden China Collusion, Ukraine extortion, Russia Reset Collusion.

What a load of bs. You reacted to the news with conspiracy theory. You might as well have been a Truther reminding us that maybe the story is fake. You are in Trump's pocket.
Facts: Counting non citizens affects representation.
THAT my good sir in the opposite of conspiracy theory. Are these the best tactics of debate that you have at your disposal?
More deflection

Please stop drinking the MSM and Biden administration kool aid. Lies for Power. Democrats tell you what they are going to do in every time they criticize their political opposition. Whatever they accuse the other side of they are doing. Haven't you figured that out. Trump Russia Collusion. Biden China Collusion, Ukraine extortion, Russia Reset Collusion.

Trumpers are like the whirling dervish.

This is the part where you tell us you're not actually a Trump fan.
I believe I have covered that in previous posts. Definitely not a Trump fan

Alas, it does seem like we are in for more Trump deflection

Facts: Counting non citizens affects representation.
THAT my good sir in the opposite of conspiracy theory. Are these the best tactics of debate that you have at your disposal?
More deflection

So, in America, only some people get representation. But not all people. Some people must live without representation because, well, Merica!

Your principles are lacking.

This is typical left wing bulls***. The rapid pace with which the vaccine was developed under the Trump administration is record breaking. Biden has a vaccine thanks to Trump. The head of CDC says we are at almost 20 million vaccinations, the goal was 20 million by Jan. 1. Yes 3 weeks short but in government and with a new health crisis that we are still struggling with and with the lockdown of America, that's a high goal. Furthermore, the virus cases have dropped by 23 % in the last 11 days, so it appears we may have peaked. The "lies for power" Joe Biden mentioned in his speech are what his administration is telling America. They are setting up the country to accept their failure. Example, Biden said 100 million people vaccinated in 100 days. Now we see the Biden administration clarify, 100 million vaccinations is actually 50 million people each taking 2 shots. Already lessening expectations of their "lies for power".

Your lies are amusing.

For the number of doses:

Since the first vaccine was administered in the United States in mid-December, nearly 12.3 million doses have been given, out of 31.2 million doses distributed, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The total includes 1.6 million people who have received both doses, the CDC said.

For the number of infections:

1611246060131.png1611246060131.png

Trump didn't do that. Moderna and Pfizer did.

trump paved the way for it to happen, and he was correct when the so called experts were wrong... sounds to me like he knew a lot more about what he was talking about than the other predictors.

Back
Top Bottom