• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You are Fired or not

Fired

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Trump spokesperson claims Obama brought US into Afghanistan | TheHill

A Donald Trump campaign spokeswoman on Saturday claimed President Obama brought U.S. forces into Afghanistan — something that happened eight years before his presidency began.

“Remember, we weren’t even in Afghanistan by this time," Katrina Pierson told CNN, referring to the withdrawal of troops from Iraq in 2011. "Barack Obama went into Afghanistan, creating another problem.”

“That was Obama’s war,” she added when pressed by CNN's Victor Blackwell.

The Afghanistan war actually began in 2001 under President George W. Bush, shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that year.

Obama did call for a surge of troops in Afghanistan in 2009, years after the war began. He campaigned for the White House in 2008 on shifting focus from Iraq to Afghanistan.

Pierson attempted to push back on CNN after a commercial break.

“We’re talking about ISIS specifically,” she said, implying that Obama's new policy created the terror group and partially echoing the words of Donald Trump.

Is this like "The Apprentice?"

Ooo OOOH! Fired then, very fired. ;)

His title says it all.

He is running. If he wins you can vote against him again in 2020. If he loses, you can tell your friends you fired him.

His title says it all.

He is running. If he wins you can vote against him again in 2020. If he loses, you can tell your friends you fired him.

Nope Chuckie- I am Canadian.

She is so fired. Sayonara, Katrina.

Probably promoted for saying Obama started the war. Command of facts does not seem to be something that is valued inside the Trump Organization....the ability to reflect the facts and blame someone else seems to be the skill they are looking for.

Is this like "The Apprentice?"

Ooo OOOH! Fired then, very fired. ;)
Seems that she ain't to bright now don't it.
The Dumpsterttes I am waiting for their defense of her and the Dumpster.

But what if he doesn't fire her? How will Trump supporters defend that decision?

I'm sure they'll manage the mental gymnastics. They win gold for all around for that.

Wikipedia describes her thusly: "Katrina Lanette Pierson is an American Tea Party activist and communications consultant." I think that casts some light on this amazing pit of ignorance that is the Trump campaign.

And, yeah, she's fired. But the clown car / bus / 747 rolls on. I'm kinda enjoying it now.

Wikipedia describes her thusly: "Katrina Lanette Pierson is an American Tea Party activist and communications consultant." I think that casts some light on this amazing pit of ignorance that is the Trump campaign.

And, yeah, she's fired. But the clown car / bus / 747 rolls on. I'm kinda enjoying it now.
Like a slow motion train wreck, though empty of any intelligent life forms.

Who is this person again? A 'Spokesperson'? Why is a news medium interviewing a spokesperson during an election campaign? I thought that kind of thing was for when the president or prime minister or premier or whatever was too busy so a surrogate was sent.

Away with her. She should never have been sent- nobody cares what she thinks.
FIFY
Away with her. She should never have been sent- nobody cares that she cannot think.

I would say fired, however, it's ignorant people like her in the Trump camp who will help to insure that this misinformed, out-of-touch-with-reality, ill-prepared, and frighteningly unqualified administration never darkens the front doors of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. So in retrospect, I say.......please let her stay!

But what if he doesn't fire her? How will Trump supporters defend that decision?

Easy. How can he possibly fire her for what she said when he just said that Obama created ISIS and Sen. Clinton helped? Hey, you expect an idiot to hire idiots and the number of idiotic things said by Donald Trump rivals the number of lies told my Hillary Clinton. And, just think, a Clinton/Trump contest is the best we can do.

Easy. How can he possibly fire her for what she said when he just said that Obama created ISIS and Sen. Clinton helped? Hey, you expect an idiot to hire idiots and the number of idiotic things said by Donald Trump rivals the number of lies told my Hillary Clinton. And, just think, a Clinton/Trump contest is the best we can do.

But but but....he was being sarcastic! Those idiots in the media, they aren't smart like he is. They don't understand sarcasm. He was just being sarcastic, he wasn't being serious. Okay well maybe a little bit serious. No, he was being sarcastic.

Trump sucks.

Obama didn't start Afghanistan, but he did escalate it while republicans stopped giving a crap circa 2003. If she had made that argument, she would have a point. Instead she looks like an idiot.

But but but....he was being sarcastic! Those idiots in the media, they aren't smart like he is. They don't understand sarcasm. He was just being sarcastic, he wasn't being serious. Okay well maybe a little bit serious. No, he was being sarcastic.

Trump sucks.

Trump supporters like that he "says what he means." Except of course, when he doesn't mean it.

Trump supporters like that he "says what he means." Except of course, when he doesn't mean it.

He says what he means. Well since he doesn't say anything other than "Muslims bad! Hillary crooked! Build a wall! I'm awesome! Derp!".....

Trump is a master manipulator and as crooked and phony as anyone I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom