• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you join if Musk starts a 2022 centrist populist movement?

Would you join if Musk starts a 2022 centrist populist movement?

• Total voters
Your thinking short term based on emotions in my opinion. In a few weeks when he will start attacking the right-wing machine at Fox News, you will come to warmer feelings.

Must have been a long night last night. This is how the left wants to attract people for their cause. It actually works against your cause but you keep fighting the good fight. It's exactly how a republican comes in and calls women all the names under the sun for "daring" to seek access to abortion. Same game, use some labels, works for people that think like you. I was told to use more humor on the board, so let me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

A nice lemonade helps to relax.

and I don't think Trump will ever be allowed on Twitter.
I don't know who you're talking about my friend. I'd like all people to be left the **** alone unless they're hurting anyone, like gay people, minorities and women seeking needed health care, It is you and people like you that wish to intrude into their lives and bash them..

If you're advocating for Twitter to do away with their TOS, then you are an advocate of Beating up on the weak. You can bray about, "free speech" and the left being "woke" all you want.

The bottom line is that you wish to use Twitter as a weapon against your hated, "left".

Musk is an apartheid beneficiary with the outlook of an unreconstructed Boer brigand. He funds coups to lower the price of copper. Centrist? No, robber baron.

Ayn Rand, that hack, couldn't have conjured a better Randroid protagonist than Musk, and yet, here he is, the perfect Randian Man, breaking everything because he doesn't want to share, empathize, or die.

Nevermind his adherence to sickening longtermism...

1. I don't know who you're talking about my friend. I'd like all people to be left the **** alone unless they're hurting anyone, like gay people, minorities and women seeking needed health care, It is you and people like you that wish to intrude into their lives and bash them..

2. If you're advocating for Twitter to do away with their TOS, then you are an advocate of Beating up on the weak. You can bray about, "free speech" and the left being "woke" all you want.

3. The bottom line is that you wish to use Twitter as a weapon against your hated, "left".
1. Yes, me too. I will remind you that Mr. Pillow was banned which is the one that spread hatred, not me. I highly doubt Twitter will allow the second part of the sentence that you are talking about.

2. Trump is also banned on Twitter and I don't think he will ever come back. I am advocating for a Twitter breakup. I am still thinking of a solution to answer the gentleman above, the flaw is there but the solution is harder to come up with.

3. That is your perception, the bottom line is if you want people to be sympathetic to your agenda, try using fewer labels. In order to gain support, you need allies. With this attitude, you lose allies.

That is why men like Bill Clinton or Barack Obama end up great leaders, through alliances. If you want to be a revolutionary, then by all means but you won't achieve much.

Last edited:
Musk is a centrist like MTG is an intellect.

Musk is an opportunist.
Opportunists are normally the leaders of any populist movement.

Having seen the other examples of opportunists that affected public opinion in your country before, I am inclined to say he starts ahead.

Centrism is the belief that the answer is found in compromise. It's a belief that if we aim for the middle then we will find a serviceable answer and can move on. A Centrist does not base their position on personal political beliefs. A Centrist's position is based on driving the conversation, narrative and resolution towards the center.

A Centrist is not a moderate. A Moderate is someone with beliefs near the middle.

A Centrists beliefs are not relevant to their positions. Positions are taken so as to drive politics towards the center.

I doubt the OP understands what Centrist means and I'm sure Musk is not a Centrist.

No. He's allowed himself to get sucked in by the right. I believe in a world in which people have first world access to health care regardless of their jobs, representation at work, and very affordable colleges. He seems to believe in a world in which one person has so much money that he can spend forty some billion dollars to buy a message board that kind of annoyed him.

1. Yes, me too. I will remind you that Mr. Pillow was banned which is the one that spread hatred, not me. I highly doubt Twitter will allow the second part of the sentence that you are talking about.

2. Trump is also banned on Twitter and I don't think he will ever come back. I am advocating for a Twitter breakup. I am still thinking of a solution to answer the gentleman above, the flaw is there but the solution is harder to come up with.

3. That is your perception, the bottom line is if you want people to be sympathetic to your agenda, try using fewer labels. In order to gain support, you need allies. With this attitude, you lose allies.

That is why men like Bill Clinton or Barack Obama end up great leaders, through alliances. If you want to be a revolutionary, then by all means but you won't achieve much.
Using fewer labels? Why don't you talk to your Republican buddies about that? "Woke", "Alpha male", "Safe Space", "Beta Male". That's all you. It's funny. One of our members has in his signature, "Every Republican accusation is a confession".

You have proven this to be fact.

People seem willing to ignore that Musk and Thiel share a worldview.

to buy a message board that kind of annoyed him.
Do you have the article on the message board? I want to read it.
"Woke", "Alpha male", "Safe Space", "Beta Male". That's all you. It's funny. One of our members has in his signature, "Every Republican accusation is a confession".
I don't have buddies in the Republican party, and I don't agree with those labels. For me, that is a red signal to avoid the conversation as the person is brainwashed by right-wing fear-mongering.
Centrism is the belief that the answer is found in compromise. It's a belief that if we aim for the middle then we will find a serviceable answer and can move on. A Centrist does not base their position on personal political beliefs. A Centrist's position is based on driving the conversation, narrative and resolution towards the center.

A Centrist is not a moderate. A Moderate is someone with beliefs near the middle.

A Centrists beliefs are not relevant to their positions. Positions are taken so as to drive politics towards the center.

I doubt the OP understands what Centrist means and I'm sure Musk is not a Centrist.
I enjoy reading points that make me think. This is one of them. Great things can be achieved without swearing or the binary view of the world.

We live in a free western democratic system. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. (y)

"You guys", someone from the right called me "You Folks" because I was criticizing his approach to Musk as being a "hero". The same frame of thinking. Fear-mongering until you join their herd or else you are viewed as a traitor or an outsider. Even going into the authoritarian spectrum.

You enjoy your day now and try that lemonade I recommended. It will refresh you.

@Helix please ignore that question. I thought you said "massage" board. I figured Musk spent some ridiculous amount of money on a massage board. I read it again and know you are referring to the message board ---> Twitter.

Last edited:
We live in a free western democratic system. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. (y)

"You guys", someone from the right called me "You Folks" because I was criticizing his approach to Musk as being a "hero". The same frame of thinking. Fear-mongering until you join their herd or else you are viewed as a traitor or an outsider. Even going into the authoritarian spectrum.

You enjoy your day now and try that lemonade I recommended. It will refresh you.

@Helix please ignore that question. I thought you said "massage" board. I figured Musk spent some ridiculous amount of money on a massage board. I read it again and know you are referring to the message board ---> Twitter.
We are living in a virtual tinderbox right now. And if you're claiming any of it has been brought on by the left then your posts reflect those of an ignorant, partisan hack. I know you're not a partisan hack so if you think opening up Twitter to right wing extremists will help society, then you are not a valuable member of our society.

opening up Twitter to right wing extremists will help society, then you are not a valuable member of our society.
Do you honestly think Elon Musk will allow his platform to be overrun by far-right members? Every single liberal, independent, and reasonable conservative will leave Twitter and the company will suffer economically to the point of bankruptcy.

The man is all about business. In business, you have clients, not ideological sympathies.

But you do have a point on some elements of the right calling him "hero" which as I said I am looking forward to when he switches the cannon to the opposite side. I suspect some of the positions will be reversed in that event.

I'm willing to hear what his interpretation of centrist populism is.

Absolutely. The thing is - you don't mean, "Centrist" my friend. You mean, full-on, right-wing, authoritarian, racist bullshit. Lets not beat around the bush, ok? You want free reign on Twitter to threaten and doxx people. That's why you want trump and people like him back.

"Centrist". Righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht. <shaking my head>
Well said and honest reply. (y)

I'm willing to hear what his interpretation of centrist populism is.
Yah well I don't think he will divide the world as into commies vs non commies.

My prediction is you will not like him in a few weeks, he might be too "woke" for your views.

These are just short term reactions because he critiqued MSNBC first.

How could you split Twitter up? It only works because it's the only one

It doesn't mean that there would be multiple insulated Twitterverses as walled gardens.
It just means no single individual or company would still exercise a monopoly power over the network.
There would be multiple networks but they could still interact with each other.

The breakup of The Bell System did not wind up creating insular companies where a GTE customer could not call an Atlantic Bell customer.

He's just a nut drunk with power. Like all people drunk with power, he thinks is time to do some oligarchin'

Humor me for a moment because I am really just spitballing and letting my imagination run...

I've begun to wonder if there's a critical mass or tipping point where the accumulation of personal wealth becomes so enthralling, addictive and avaricious that
it creates a toxic "radioactive" field that permanently knocks all human rationality aside.

I mean, when a person accumulates more wealth than the gross domestic product of several nations, it MUST create a personal belief that one is indeed some sort of "god walking the earth".
I doubt it is in the few billion range, as I am aware of a few billionaires who are still fairly grounded, accessible, even given over to practicing their best to stay connected to humanity as much as possible.

But it seems as if once one gets beyond a certain line, say perhaps ten billion or so, I guess the "god complex" is almost unavoidable.

Yah well I don't think he will divide the world as into commies vs non commies.

My prediction is you will not like him in a few weeks, he might be too "woke" for your views.

These are just short term reactions because he critiqued MSNBC first.

I'm not completely a right wing zealot. I agree with right wing economic policies.
The social policies not so much.

It doesn't mean that there would be multiple insulated Twitterverses as walled gardens.
It just means no single individual or company would still exercise a monopoly power over the network.
There would be multiple networks but they could still interact with each other.

The breakup of The Bell System did not wind up creating insular companies where a GTE customer could not call an Atlantic Bell customer.

This is a textbook answer as to why old people need to get out of congress. People could already make cross company calls before it was broken up.
Also You can't have multiple twitters acting together when they would be direct competitors and you can't portion out the county like a telephone service because websites are limited by physical place.

And even supposing you could split twitter up in any meaningful way the most popular version would just engulf the smaller ones because that's how social media works everyone uses it and it grows or no one uses it and it death spirals.

This is a textbook answer as to why old people need to get out of congress. People could already make cross company calls before it was broken up.
Also You can't have multiple twitters acting together when they would be direct competitors and you can't portion out the county like a telephone service because websites are limited by physical place.

And even supposing you could split twitter up in any meaningful way the most popular version would just engulf the smaller ones because that's how social media works everyone uses it and it grows or no one uses it and it death spirals.

This is a textbook response that underlines the reason why reading is fundamental.
I never said that cross company calls were impossible.

And to say websites are limited by physical place underlines your ignorance as to how the internet works.

Your final sentence underlines it even more.
Also, as if it even bears pointing out, I am neither in Congress nor do I approve of ageism.
Apparently you are quite the ageist however.

Anytime you wish to argue IT, let me know.

the "god complex" is almost unavoidable.
Yes, I think this is why a lot of billionaires go into charity work. Once you start feeling like a God due to achieving everything to be achieved in terms of money, some people forget they are just human beings and start making irrational decisions. That is why is important in the west to have our term limits. Too much power goes to your head.

My favourite story is attributed to Marcus Aurelius:

The story goes that Marcus Aurelius hired an assistant to follow him as he walked through the Roman towns square.The assistant’s only role was to, whenever Marcus Aurelius was praised, whisper in his ear, « You’re just a man. You’re just a man. »

They say two things define us. Our patience when we have nothing and our humility when we have everything.

Back
Top Bottom