• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you be president

It wouldn't really be free anymore then, would it?
LOL...

If such a thing were to be given to me, I would require all laws be reviewed and not duplicated, all modified with a clear scope and purpose that do not violate the intentions of the constitution, or bill of rights.

Of course...

It would be my decision...

I would work for maximum freedoms and laws to protect people's rights from being infringed on by others.

So repair it. No, it's not beyond that.

Unfortunately it IS beyond that. Mostly due to the fact that the people would not like what is necessary to repair it.... especially the requirement that they start to fend for themselves.

In a second. And I'd behave precisely as I behave here. :2razz:

I would never want to be a slimy politician.

Would like to. Except that I am very scholar naive. Those exploiting, pressure building bullies would use this to their advantage, max!

Anyone running for president is doing it for power, money and influence; and should therefore be viewed with immediate suspicion.

Most of the time I think you'd have to be insane to want to be president not to mention be a complete ego maniac which explains why the vast majority of our presidents are such failures but then I think of what I would do if I was pres and I think I would be a good one. Thing is I would never want the job, it would destroy my life really and I just wouldn't make the sacrifice. What about you?

Hell to the no! I would hate to be in a job with little real power and all the blame.

Plus the stress of such responsibility ... ugh

Also, I would hate to be famous anyway, it would interfere with me just doing the things I like to do.

Most of the time I think you'd have to be insane to want to be president not to mention be a complete ego maniac which explains why the vast majority of our presidents are such failures but then I think of what I would do if I was pres and I think I would be a good one. Thing is I would never want the job, it would destroy my life really and I just wouldn't make the sacrifice. What about you?

No way. I don't think I could handle the stress. :lol:

I'd rather jam a red hot poker coated in cyanide up my ass than be the President.

:lamo

Cap, tell us how you REALLY feel!

I'm too emotional to be a president. I cry watching sad commercials, that's not a good trait for a president to have. I'll make a good presidential mom though. :mrgreen:

Hell no. I wouldn't want to be president. I have enough problems with stress management as it is. :lol:

Hell no. I wouldn't want to be president. I have enough problems with stress management as it is. :lol:

Same here. I'd be afraid I'd pull a Queen of Hearts once the stress got to be too much.

"Off with their HEADS!"

Two things to keep in perspective as President, one you can't really change that much and two it ain't your fault.

IMV, Reagan was the last that truly sought the office on conviction of principles to better the nation. Since then, it's been a circus of those desiring to make the country in their own political mold...

Is that why he sold arms to Iran and created the biggest American scandal and tried to cover it up? It resulted in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president.

Is that why he sold arms to Iran and created the biggest American scandal and tried to cover it up? It resulted in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president.

He sold arms so he could fight a Middle East war by proxy, while using tons of extra profit to fight the Soviet Union and Sandanista uprisings in Central America.

Where I come from, that's genius.

He sold arms so he could fight a Middle East war by proxy, while using tons of extra profit to fight the Soviet Union and Sandanista uprisings in Central America.

Where I come from, that's genius.

What extra profit? The dent tripled

Some people are suited towards it and Perdue. In my case I was suited towards pressuring a career in the arts. Dictator was not a rational career option givens circumstance

I would like to think I have too much personal integrity to ever become a politician. The money is appealing, however.

I used to think I would never feel qualified enough to run the country. After watching the way government is run for most of my adult life, I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job at age 10 or so. I'm pretty sure I'd do it now.

I'd do it. But I'd piss off a lot of people, as I would give direct answers to questions.

Unfortunately it IS beyond that. Mostly due to the fact that the people would not like what is necessary to repair it.... especially the requirement that they start to fend for themselves.
What of those who cannot?

Back
Top Bottom