• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn't it news when a 13 year old girl is gang-raped by illegal immigrants?

much like internet memes: For some reason, it just caught peoples attention at the right time
•••good analogy

It is kind of weird. It's like one of those "rogue waves" in the ocean. Every once in a while a single incident that should logically only have local ramifications becomes insanely overhyped. Of course the opposite happens too. A case like the Kermit Gosnell one should have had huge national press but got very little.
•••How about Jodi Arias? Another unfathomable one.

I believe it depends on who takes up the megaphone and makes it known. A Harvard law professor getting arrested for being belligerent when trying to break into his own home becomes a national story when the President claims the police acted stupidly, before he had all the facts. A young black man getting shot during an attack in Florida becomes a national story when the President claims the young man could have been his son and when the defendant in the case gets acquitted, the story stays in the national news when the President claims the young black man could have been him. Had the President come out and said that the 13 yr old rape victim could have been his daughter, wanna bet the media would have been all over the case. Doesn't mean they should have been, but they would have been, no doubt.
•••Sure, but still no real core logic why this specific case exploded the way it did (IMHO).

I can vary easily explain why the Zimmerman case got national attention. It was the vary rare case of a white killing a black so the liberal media and race hustlers will be able to keep up their false narrative of black victim-hood
•••You think this is rare? Maybe. But there are at least 200 cases a year of whites killing blacks and none of them got any unusual attention.

You "cant"? Really? :lamo
•••Please explain. Obviously I can't or I wouldn't have said so. You're not one of the snarky ones around here so I assume you're trying to say something. Please elucidate.

Making the TM/GZ case about "race" demonstrated even weaker critical thought and yet that's what happened and lots of people bought it.

It wasn't "made" about race. Zimmerman followed him for no reason other than he "looked" suspicious. The idea that race could have played a part is not exactly a giant leap. Whether or not Zimm really followed him because he is prejudiced doesn't really matter. All that matters is the possibility and that contributed to setting the stage for this whole controversy.

You really need to embrace human nature and look at the situation for what it is. Whining about racism allegations when they are standard in such situations is just ignorant. You know its going to happen.

Man this leading a horse to water stuff is true...

Think harder about the issues of how people get here, about proposed legislation that would wipe the record of certain people that got here that way, about if that legislation would allow these people to eventually become citizens.

So what?

And controversy over prosecutorial discretion is not new either.

from above: "And how the case played out in court doesn't really undermine that original decision"

As I said, prior to the case actually going to court, it seemed a rather clear case of self defense and left me wondering why it was even being prosecuted, short of public and political pressure. This was only reaffirmed by the trial

So where is the controversy over a decision no one can find fault with?

Taking a rape case and using it as a boogeyman to taint all illegal immigrants is not the same thing as using the Zimmerman case to discuss the controversial SYG law.

SYG law was a peripheral issue. The central issue that everyone made out of this was race. And taking a rape case where OVER A DOZEN illegal aliens raped a 13 year old isn't creating a bogeyman to taint all illegals. It does, however, point out that we have a serious problem and the scope is large. If it was ONE illegal alien that raped the child, it would be just another crime, albeit a really nasty one. The fact that it was over a dozen illegal aliens involved tells us that bad behavior from illegal aliens isn't a bolt of lightning from the sky. It's some thing that should be taken seriously when we're considering amnesty and background checks.

•••How about Jodi Arias? Another unfathomable one.

Yeah, Arias was another one and I'd throw Casey Anthony in there too.

I mean, James Byrd didn't get the same attention Trayvon did.

race is so important to you ?

Nope. But depending what it is, could make a lot of people look even more foolish for their exploits than they already do.

LoL, quite the argument there. "Because its not the truth". What is the truth? Please tell me. What exactly is not the truth about anything that I said?

Everything you said about the case was not found to be the truth. EVERYTHING. Is it getting through yet or are you going to ask the same dumb question again?

Go for it - anything that helps you forget the f***-up that is Europe these days.

I suppose that you are enjoying life there in the Great White North. Me, I have nothing to complain about, it's a great life here.

•••You think this is rare? Maybe. But there are at least 200 cases a year of whites killing blacks and none of them got any unusual attention.

Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. Blacks are 50 times more likely than whites to commit individual acts of interracial violence. They are up to 250 times more likley than whites to engage in multiple-offender or group interracial violence

Interracial crime - Rochester Crime History | Examiner.com

when was the last time you seen black on white violence that made tha national news?

Last edited:
Nope. But depending what it is, could make a lot of people look even more foolish for their exploits than they already do.

Everything you said about the case was not found to be the truth. EVERYTHING. Is it getting through yet or are you going to ask the same dumb question again?

Are you having a stroke or something? Simply stating your argument in a discussion forum should not be an impossible request.

I said that Trayvon was walking home from the store and had not done anything wrong? Is that not the truth? What crime did he commit? Was it wrong for him to be walking down the sidewalk? Please tell me how this is not true.

I said that Zimmerman followed him for no good reason. Is that not true? Did Trayvon do something to provoke this? What exactly was the reason for following him other than he "looked" suspicious? Please elaborate.

I said that Zimmerman was asked by the dispatcher to stop following Trayvon. Is that not true? There is audio of this happening, is it faked? Please let me know what is wrong here.

I said that Trayvon ended up dead. Is that not true?

Tea party/Christian leader convicted of rape of daughter.

Tea party leader convicted of rape of 7 year old girl.

Tea party leader arrested for kidnap and rape.

Why is the rightwing press burying this pattern of tea party rape!

The Online Lunchpail ™: Tea Party leader convicted of raping daughter

Tea Party Leader Charged With Child-Rape And Grenade Launcher Possession | Breaking News for Black America

Tea Party spokesman 'raped woman after offering to give her a lift' | Mail Online

What the frig does the tea party have to do with illegal scum
gang-raping a 13yr old girl???

You are one sick puppy!

SYG law was a peripheral issue. The central issue that everyone made out of this was race. And taking a rape case where OVER A DOZEN illegal aliens raped a 13 year old isn't creating a bogeyman to taint all illegals. It does, however, point out that we have a serious problem and the scope is large. If it was ONE illegal alien that raped the child, it would be just another crime, albeit a really nasty one. The fact that it was over a dozen illegal aliens involved tells us that bad behavior from illegal aliens isn't a bolt of lightning from the sky. It's some thing that should be taken seriously when we're considering amnesty and background checks.

The major reason SYG is about race is because of concerns with how minorities are treated in the justice system, and not about using anyone as a boogeyman like in your example.

Are you having a stroke or something? Simply stating your argument in a discussion forum should not be an impossible request.

I said that Trayvon was walking home from the store and had not done anything wrong? Is that not the truth? What crime did he commit? Was it wrong for him to be walking down the sidewalk? Please tell me how this is not true.

I said that Zimmerman followed him for no good reason. Is that not true? Did Trayvon do something to provoke this? What exactly was the reason for following him other than he "looked" suspicious? Please elaborate.

I said that Zimmerman was asked by the dispatcher to stop following Trayvon. Is that not true? There is audio of this happening, is it faked? Please let me know what is wrong here.

I said that Trayvon ended up dead. Is that not true?

That you do not know what is true and what is not true says all one needs to know about how credible anything you say on the matter is...

Tea party/Christian leader convicted of rape of daughter.

Tea party leader convicted of rape of 7 year old girl.

Tea party leader arrested for kidnap and rape.

Why is the rightwing press burying this pattern of tea party rape!

The Online Lunchpail ™: Tea Party leader convicted of raping daughter

Tea Party Leader Charged With Child-Rape And Grenade Launcher Possession | Breaking News for Black America

Tea Party spokesman 'raped woman after offering to give her a lift' | Mail Online

the two biggest mass murders in the history of the word where both on the left Stalin and Mao Tse-tung

Last edited:
This is a more horrific event and carries plenty of controversial issues ranging from "race" to immigration laws. Somehow, the permutation of the issues is such that the mainstream media is shunning it, though. I can't for the life of me figure out why the TM/GZ case was a national big deal. TM wasn't an innocent victim. GZ wasn't a bloodthirsty killer.
It wasn't even your classic "white man kills black guy" schtick since Zimmerman was hispanic and it took the NYT to coin "white hispanic" to get that square peg to fit the round hole.
With all the kerfuffle over TM/GZ, you'd think there was something radically noteworthy and there just wasn't.

The word Hispanic refers to Spanish -speaking people or culture, a Hispanic person can be a member of any race.

That you do not know what is true and what is not true says all one needs to know about how credible anything you say on the matter is...

LoL you're a joke, you refuse to give even the most basic details because you know you're wrong but won't admit it.

So what is the truth then? Lets have some fun.

According to Arbo Trayvon robbed a liquor store and was on the run. Zimmerman the protector spotted the young man running through the neighborhood with a sack of money with a $ on it. He tackled Trayvon and gave him an ultimatum, "submit or suffer the consequences". Trayvon then took the gun from Zimm and shot and killed Zimm. Zimm is dead and Trayvon is walking as a free man.

Is that what happened bro? Because if everything I said was wrong that is the only possible scenario, isn't it?

the two biggest mass mureders in the history of the word where both on the left Stalin and Mao Tse-tung

I agree, lefties are murderous thugs. I saw one just the other day trying to save a tree and feed a homeless man. Sent a cold "stalin" shiver down my spine.

Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. Blacks are 50 times more likely than whites to commit individual acts of interracial violence. They are up to 250 times more likley than whites to engage in multiple-offender or group interracial violence

Interracial crime - Rochester Crime History | Examiner.com

when was the last time you seen black on white violence that made tha national news?
•••Uh, Zimmerman/Martin?

I read the referenced article, an opinion piece complete with misspellings and this sentence alone indicates what a crock of **** this "news source" is:
Blacks commit violent crimes four to eight times the white rate. Hispanic commit violent crimes at approximately three times the white rate, and Asians at one half to three quarters the white rate.

Four to eight? Which is it? Four or eight? That's a pretty big gap dont'cha think?

Yeah, Arias was another one and I'd throw Casey Anthony in there too.

I mean, James Byrd didn't get the same attention Trayvon did.
•••Good point about Byrd. A crime about 100 times as horrific as Z/M. First degree murder, kidnapping and torture.

•••Uh, Zimmerman/Martin?

I read the referenced article, an opinion piece complete with misspellings and this sentence alone indicates what a crock of **** this "news source" is:

Four to eight? Which is it? Four or eight? That's a pretty big gap dont'cha think?
times the white rate..

four to eight is not improper it means its in the range between four to eight times the white rate. so instead of attempting to discredit the statistics provided you want to make a feeble attempt by falsely claiming it was an improper sentence. is that the best you can do?

and by the way those statistics where formulated using information provided from
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States
Bureau of Justice Statistics, Criminal Victimization
Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sourcebook of Criminal Justice
Federal of Investigation, Hate Crime Statistics

Last edited:
LoL you're a joke, you refuse to give even the most basic details because you know you're wrong but won't admit it.

So what is the truth then? Lets have some fun.

According to Arbo Trayvon robbed a liquor store and was on the run. Zimmerman the protector spotted the young man running through the neighborhood with a sack of money with a $ on it. He tackled Trayvon and gave him an ultimatum, "submit or suffer the consequences". Trayvon then took the gun from Zimm and shot and killed Zimm. Zimm is dead and Trayvon is walking as a free man.

Is that what happened bro? Because if everything I said was wrong that is the only possible scenario, isn't it?

What a huge pile of crap. Thanks for the amusement. Thanks for clarifying you do not even have the basic capacity to understand the case and what was found by experts to be what happened.

There's no controversy, and thus no ratings which in turn equates to no money, that can be generated from this story.

When the media is governed by the laws of capitalism, this is what the result is. If you want to get non-sensationalist media, find media sources that are not subject to the laws of capitalism.

Like the PBS ( Which Romney has no use for), the BBC (To a la large extent, the internet, and similar sources.

What a huge pile of crap. Thanks for the amusement. Thanks for clarifying you do not even have the basic capacity to understand the case and what was found by experts to be what happened.

Come at me bro. What did the experts determine was the truth that contradicts what I said? Come on... just one detail, you can do it. Or are you just an empty chair?

I don't understand it. A 13 year old girl gets gang-raped by over a dozen illegal immigrants and it's not news. A "white hispanic" shoots a black guy who assaults him in self defense and it's a national media circus. Why doesn't the mainstream media care about the 13 year old girl that ended up getting gang-raped by illegal aliens all night after being kidnapped? What makes this less newsworthy than a self-defense case?

Dozen illegal immigrants in Texas gang rape 13-year-old girl, NAFBPO says end ‘dreams of amnesty’ - The Global Dispatch

They don't care if there's no white people to persecute. That's what you want to hear, right?

Back
Top Bottom