• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn't it news when a 13 year old girl is gang-raped by illegal immigrants?

This is a more horrific event and carries plenty of controversial issues ranging from "race" to immigration laws. Somehow, the permutation of the issues is such that the mainstream media is shunning it, though. I can't for the life of me figure out why the TM/GZ case was a national big deal. TM wasn't an innocent victim. GZ wasn't a bloodthirsty killer. It wasn't even your classic "white man kills black guy" schtick since Zimmerman was hispanic and it took the NYT to coin "white hispanic" to get that square peg to fit the round hole. With all the kerfuffle over TM/GZ, you'd think there was something radically noteworthy and there just wasn't.

How does the illegals / rape story have controversy?

Trayvon was walking back from the store doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman followed him for no good reason. The dispatcher told Zimm to stand down, he didn't.

Why do people keep repeating these lies so long after every one of them has been debunked? Are so many people really that thick?

Considering legislation one party wants passed, it is kind of noteworthy.

Why isn't this news item I found in the news in the news?

every item reported in the news isn't treated to the same level of attention, and the questions seem to be more about why a certain story gets overly sensationalized and others, that might have more intrinsic value to the public, do not.

It's also a rather fair question I'm sure most people have asked themselves at times

Why do people keep repeating these lies so long after every one of them has been debunked? Are so many people really that thick?

How is any of that a lie?

Every day there are horrors in America. Murders, rapes, abductions. 99.9% of these don't make more than the local news.

I can't even possibly explain why the Z/M case got the press it did. It's just a phenomenon when one case out of millions fascinates the press and the public. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it so we may not be able to explain it.

As for the OP case, I would hope that rapists are denied amnesty. Instead, hopefully they'll rot in prison.
You "cant"? Really? :lamo

Considering legislation one party wants passed, it is kind of noteworthy.

So because an illegal commits a crime that means all illegals should be viewed with the same lens? That's ridiculous and shows very weak critical thought.

There's no controversy, and thus no ratings which in turn equates to no money, that can be generated from this story.

When the media is governed by the laws of capitalism, this is what the result is. If you want to get non-sensationalist media, find media sources that are not subject to the laws of capitalism.

We are in the midst of fighting over an "immigration reform bill" that will include amnesty for illegals if democrats have their way and you can't see what controversy may arise from a 13 year old being gang raped by over a dozen illegal aliens? It seems to be more charged than the GZ/TM issue to me.

So because an illegal commits a crime that means all illegals should be viewed with the same lens? That's ridiculous and shows very weak critical thought.

Making the TM/GZ case about "race" demonstrated even weaker critical thought and yet that's what happened and lots of people bought it.

How is any of that a lie?

Because none of it is the truth, it is merely the made up assumptions of those that want to stir the pot of race relations.

Man this leading a horse to water stuff is true...

Think harder about the issues of how people get here, about proposed legislation that would wipe the record of certain people that got here that way, about if that legislation would allow these people to eventually become citizens.

Every day there are horrors in America. Murders, rapes, abductions. 99.9% of these don't make more than the local news.

I can't even possibly explain why the Z/M case got the press it did. It's just a phenomenon when one case out of millions fascinates the press and the public. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it so we may not be able to explain it.

As for the OP case, I would hope that rapists are denied amnesty. Instead, hopefully they'll rot in prison.

Hopefully they'll spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison, doing hard time, and the young lady that they abused will get the help that she needs.

Maybe because the prosecutors did not decide to not charge the rapists? :shrug:

Just a hunch

Will be interesting to hear what the race of the girl is. Because Obama could potentially have daughters that look like her.

race is so important to you ?

Because none of it is the truth, it is merely the made up assumptions of those that want to stir the pot of race relations.

LoL, quite the argument there. "Because its not the truth". What is the truth? Please tell me. What exactly is not the truth about anything that I said?

Given the pattern of tea party rape, shouldn't we start deporting these rapists as soon as possible?

Making the TM/GZ case about "race" demonstrated even weaker critical thought and yet that's what happened and lots of people bought it.

Taking a rape case and using it as a boogeyman to taint all illegal immigrants is not the same thing as using the Zimmerman case to discuss the controversial SYG law.

Maybe because the prosecutors did not decide to not charge the rapists? :shrug:

Just a hunch

prosecutorial discretion is nothing new. And how the case played out in court doesn't really undermine that original decision

We are in the midst of fighting over an "immigration reform bill" that will include amnesty for illegals if democrats have their way and you can't see what controversy may arise from a 13 year old being gang raped by over a dozen illegal aliens? It seems to be more charged than the GZ/TM issue to me.

What is with you conservatives and making the same blunder over and over and over since the beginning of time? Stop lumping everyone together. The illegals that committed that crime are the only guilty ones. It has absolutely nothing to do with the others.

If you just want to make political hay then you are joining the rest of the sheep. Obviously the dumb public will fall for this, are you with them?

Back
Top Bottom