• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

“The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story…………..
………… recent firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski received far more attention. Trump called in to the Trump-friendly "Fox & Friends" morning show and wasn't even asked about the attempt on his life……….

I would like to know too………….

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

The MSM is not doing their job …….

Ah...what the **** do you want? It was the lead story on news casts across the world until Trump himself knocked out of the park by firing his campaign manager. What irony, Trump supporters whining about NOT ENOUGH coverage when it is estimated Trump had $3 billion in free airtime in the primaries. We can see a lot of this coming, we should have cheese with that whine though..

Because the suspect over stayed his visa.

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

“The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story…………..
………… recent firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski received far more attention. Trump called in to the Trump-friendly "Fox & Friends" morning show and wasn't even asked about the attempt on his life……….

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

Because it wasn't an assassination attempt. It was an attempt to grab a cop's gun. Hardly the same thing.

There were 2 assassination attempts on Obama that also received scant coverage. It's not because they were big news either. Just like Trump's would-be assassination attempt, those 2 were also ham handed and idiotic, and not worth covering.

There is no conspiracy. LOL.

But if there's no conspiracy, what will the Far Right whine about?

Because it wasn't an assassination attempt. It was an attempt to grab a cop's gun. Hardly the same thing.

Well it sure was what the clown told police what he wanted to do...........You need a better source for you news........and remember the whole story need to be investigated ........and new information is developed over time.....

Is it that you believe the first reports were the "do all; end all" of the event?

Gee I didn't think of that........

I'll go down to the repair shop tomorrow........retrieve the machine.......... and then do my thing...........Thanks for the heads up:2wave:

See, its working.

And in this case......

I think the article and your response are exaggerated.

Firstly, I saw the incident covered on two of the three main cable news channels last night (MSNBC & CNN), and it may have been on the third (Fox) but I didn't spend too much time there while flipping around.

And second, it was a pretty weak and marginal 'attempt' (if that), so I'm not sure how newsworthy it was beyond a quick byline.

I think the article and your response are exaggerated.

Firstly, I saw the incident covered on two of the three main cable news channels last night (MSNBC & CNN), and it may have been on the third (Fox) but I didn't spend too much time there while flipping around.

And second, it was a pretty weak and marginal 'attempt' (if that), so I'm not sure how newsworthy it was beyond a quick byline.

Thank you for sharing your opinion

You're welcome.

I hope it wasn't seen as too harsh.

Never noticed if you were being so...........No need for concern........ I appreciate someone who can state his mind..........like say what he means and means what he says.......

And in this case......

Wut? That wasn't an "assassination attempt". He tried to grab someone's gun from his holster. Assassins tend to bring their own weapons.

What John Hinckley did to Reagan was an assassination attempt. $50 says this British teenager robot fan did this for attention. Apparently his American girlfriend, who was the reason he was here anyway, threw his ass out on the street.

... And because the guy is obviously a liberal/anti-republican, which doesn't fit the MSM narrative that they oh-so-love to push, of a conservative clinging to his guns and his bible, it's a story that simply doesn't interest them at all.

He's a British teenager, Grim. How exactly do you know he's a "liberal/anti-republican"?

He's a British teenager, Grim. How exactly do you know he's a "liberal/anti-republican"?

I knew he was a British teen before this thread was started, and a person doesn't have to be American to be pro or anti anything. Just look at the number of illegals that attend political protests and riots.

Well it sure was what the clown told police what he wanted to do...........You need a better source for you news........and remember the whole story need to be investigated ........and new information is developed over time.....

Is it that you believe the first reports were the "do all; end all" of the event?

If everything some clown told the cops is listed as an 'assassination attempt', the jails would be full of people who have 'attempted' to kill Barack Obama. Of course, we know that doesn't count because you don't like Obama.

Actually this one is pretty simple to answer.

It's not bigger news because it was some punk who failed so miserably in his "attempt" that even calling it an assassination attempt is a stretch. Most people realize this. They should have described it as some moron who reached for a cop's gun at a Trump rally. That's what it really was and when you think about it that way, the level of coverage it is getting seems much more appropriate.

I think the sniper fire Hillary took in Bosnia is the bigger story.:lamo:lamo

And in this case......

The MSM is not doing their job
…….

Well, if we were to apply the White House reasoning that's being used for radical Islamic terrorism, maybe the media is asking "why give him any publicity?".
Kind of a crappy excuse, isn't it?

These types of things happen and unless they succeed they don't usually get much press. Which is a good thing, IMO. Giving these guys media fame just encourages more attempts.

Well, if we were to apply the White House reasoning that's being used for radical Islamic terrorism, maybe the media is asking "why give him any publicity?".
Kind of a crappy excuse, isn't it?

I actually think the appropriate response in a case like this is to certainly not mention his name or run his picture.

Back
Top Bottom