• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?

The topic is selectively reporting the news.
And the topic is the USAG not releasing information for the News to report.

Here's the topic: "Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?" There are other threads, plural, on the Orlando shooting and related

And the topic is the slippery slope of news censorship, whether by news organizations themselves or Government.

Who "censored" news of this so-called "assassination" attempt? It was duly reported. I guess you prefer it was reported on the hour every hour for a few days. That's not 'censorship.'

We have several examples of this WH editing to remove embarrassing statements ... and coincidentally, one involved removing mention of "Islamic Terrorism" by the French President!
All the examples are pretty clear and if you're not aware of them then it looks like your news sources may have indulged themselves in some of that self censorship.

You may like the idea of Government (or friendly news outlets) censorship because you like what they choose to censor, but they won't be around forever.
Can you rely on a different Administration to make the same Jasper-friendly choices of what you're entitled to know?

There's a thread for this: http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...es-transcripts-orlando-terrorists-w-40-a.html

If you have any evidence this "assassination" attempt was censored by anyone, please let us know! Otherwise we simply disagree about the wisdom of making martyrs out of these morons, which is what they want, the goal. IMO, a simple, "Incompetent moron was arrested today trying to take gun from police officer. Idiot alleges he was trying to assassinate Mr. Trump." is sufficient unless he's part of some group or something. But if you want the news to make him a hero to other malcontents, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree.

Here's the topic: "Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?" There are other threads, plural, on the Orlando shooting and related

Who "censored" news of this so-called "assassination" attempt? It was duly reported. I guess you prefer it was reported on the hour every hour for a few days. That's not 'censorship.'

There's a thread for this: http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...es-transcripts-orlando-terrorists-w-40-a.html

If you have any evidence this "assassination" attempt was censored by anyone, please let us know! Otherwise we simply disagree about the wisdom of making martyrs out of these morons, which is what they want, the goal. IMO, a simple, "Incompetent moron was arrested today trying to take gun from police officer. Idiot alleges he was trying to assassinate Mr. Trump." is sufficient unless he's part of some group or something. But if you want the news to make him a hero to other malcontents, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree.

Selecting news items like this one to report or dwell on is the topic ... the fool trying to snatch a gun to do whatever, is the example ... censoring news is the practice.

No idea why, especially considering the fact that the MSM covers Trump 24/7.

Considering the MSM's loyalties maybe they think the exposure would improve his image?

Or.....

If it became big news, he'd increase his security detail that much more. By downplaying it, they give whoever tries next a decent chance at success.

Selecting news items like this one to report or dwell on is the topic ... the fool trying to snatch a gun to do whatever, is the example ... censoring news is the practice.

LOL. "Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?"

Seems clear enough to me that is the topic, since it's the heading on the top of each page of this thread, and was the topic of the OP discussed to begin this discussion. Maybe you prefer a different topic! :peace

Considering the MSM's loyalties maybe they think the exposure would improve his image?

Or.....

If it became big news, he'd increase his security detail that much more. By downplaying it, they give whoever tries next a decent chance at success.

That makes sense because a moron like Trump might very well dictate his security force by how much the media covered an "assassin's" attempt on his life. Thankfully, for Trump's sake, I have a feeling the Secret Service uses more objective criteria to determine staffing etc.

LOL. "Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?"

Seems clear enough to me that is the topic, since it's the heading on the top of each page of this thread, and was the topic of the OP discussed to begin this discussion. Maybe you prefer a different topic! :peace

The topic is why it's not bigger news and the answer is what's being discussed.

The topic is why it's not bigger news and the answer is what's being discussed.

That's right and that's what I was discussing - the guy was a sad sack loser, incompetent, almost surely mentally ill, his ridiculous "assassination" "plot" didn't get past step 1, etc. so there's nothing to really report, and IMO making the moron a martyr or hero is a mistake.

You seem to think there's some kind of "censorship" going on because the MSM presumably didn't report it hourly, or more often, for a period of days and spend hours on cable news delving into the background, motivation, known associations, read all his most recent 100 facebook posts live on the air, interviewed his girlfriend, his dog, his family back in the UK, his teachers, etc.

We disagree. :shrug:

That's right and that's what I was discussing - the guy was a sad sack loser, incompetent, almost surely mentally ill, his ridiculous "assassination" "plot" didn't get past step 1, etc. so there's nothing to really report, and IMO making the moron a martyr or hero is a mistake.

You seem to think there's some kind of "censorship" going on because the MSM presumably didn't report it hourly, or more often, for a period of days and spend hours on cable news delving into the background, motivation, known associations, read all his most recent 100 facebook posts live on the air, interviewed his girlfriend, his dog, his family back in the UK, his teachers, etc.

We disagree. :shrug:

If they don't do some of that then they might be missing more of a story than he was a nut.
What did you learn about him?

Please then tell us all.......what is the definition of " assassination attempt"..........

You mean please tell you? You keep ignoring what others have told you.

An assassination attempt means an attempt to assassinate. He made no attempt to assassinate Trump. He tried to grab a gun from someone's holster. He failed. He said he wanted to kill Trump. Men said they wanted to kill Obama on Facebook and Twitter and other places. They were arrested. For making a threat. An assassination attempt is what Lynette Fromme did to Ford. She drew a .45 caliber pistol on his when he was reaching out to shake her hand. An assassination attempt is what Sarah Jane Moore did to Ford. She fired right at him, which was thwarted by a man standing next to her who grabbed her arm.

Now please do the rest of the research yourself.

You mean please tell you? You keep ignoring what others have told you.

An assassination attempt means an attempt to assassinate. He made no attempt to assassinate Trump. He tried to grab a gun from someone's holster. He failed. He said he wanted to kill Trump. Men said they wanted to kill Obama on Facebook and Twitter and other places. They were arrested. For making a threat. An assassination attempt is what Lynette Fromme did to Ford. She drew a .45 caliber pistol on his when he was reaching out to shake her hand. An assassination attempt is what Sarah Jane Moore did to Ford. She fired right at him, which was thwarted by a man standing next to her who grabbed her arm.

Now please do the rest of the research yourself.

You want to be right..........You want to win olr have the last word?

I'll save you some time...........YOU WIN.....I GIVE UP......

We already established that, imyoda. You were wrong. It was pointed out to you repeatedly.

Have a good Thursday.

If they don't do some of that then they might be missing more of a story than he was a nut.
What did you learn about him?

It's not the "media's" job to investigate these nutjobs - that's what the Secret Service and FBI do and they're quite good at it and I'm sure will be examining all those things on the off chance he's someone other than a mentally ill sad sack loser whose "assassination" attempt ranks up there with the stupidest "plots" of all time.

If/when the SS or FBI do determine there is more to the story, then by all means, I expect the "media" will report this actual news!

FWIW, everything I've learned is consistent with him being a mentally ill, sad sack loser, including that he's been diagnosed and treated for mental illness, and was living in his car... It's possible he was a professional hit man or terrorist or Bernie Bot and all that is part of his elaborate disguise, along with confessing to police his intent to kill Trump and to try again if they release him from jail, and that he expected to commit suicide by cop in this attempt. Generally this sort of behavior is consistent with mental illness, but maybe it's his cover!! Fox needs a 2 hour special on it I think!! Mentally ill, paid assassin, or just a Bernie Sanders supporter? Sean Hannity answers this question at 9pm EST!

The MSM is not doing their job …….[/B]

Apparently they are doing what the readership wants. They aren't doing the job for you and me but, apparently, they are for most people.

It's not the "media's" job to investigate these nutjobs - that's what the Secret Service and FBI do and they're quite good at it and I'm sure will be examining all those things on the off chance he's someone other than a mentally ill sad sack loser whose "assassination" attempt ranks up there with the stupidest "plots" of all time.

If/when the SS or FBI do determine there is more to the story, then by all means, I expect the "media" will report this actual news!

FWIW, everything I've learned is consistent with him being a mentally ill, sad sack loser, including that he's been diagnosed and treated for mental illness, and was living in his car... It's possible he was a professional hit man or terrorist or Bernie Bot and all that is part of his elaborate disguise, along with confessing to police his intent to kill Trump and to try again if they release him from jail, and that he expected to commit suicide by cop in this attempt. Generally this sort of behavior is consistent with mental illness, but maybe it's his cover!! Fox needs a 2 hour special on it I think!! Mentally ill, paid assassin, or just a Bernie Sanders supporter? Sean Hannity answers this question at 9pm EST!

Silly boy.

Apparently they are doing what the readership wants. They aren't doing the job for you and me but, apparently, they are for most people.

I think not........Corporate America determines what they want on TV..........it's now referred to as news-ertainment.......the pap to dull one's mind designed to promote ignorance

I think not........Corporate America determines what they want on TV..........it's now referred to as news-ertainment.......the pap to dull one's mind designed to promote ignorance

Corporate America decides based on what produces profitable revenue. It the people don't watch what they offer, it goes away. If people watch the networks are successful in selling advertising. In the end consumers decide what is on TV. You need to blame the public for the pap.

You are correct. She did win.

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

The MSM is not doing their job …….[/B]

Dude, some guy tries to jump the white house fence like every day of the week. It's not covered any more or less heavily than this. The guy didn't even get close, and there's no evidence to conclude it was anything other than some random dude with some mental problems. There are likely millions of people that would love to kill Trump, Obama, and Hillary. Not exactly page 1 stuff.

Corporate America decides based on what produces profitable revenue. It the people don't watch what they offer, it goes away. If people watch the networks are successful in selling advertising. In the end consumers decide what is on TV. You need to blame the public for the pap.

Isn't that what I said?

Dude, some guy tries to jump the white house fence like every day of the week. It's not covered any more or less heavily than this. The guy didn't even get close, and there's no evidence to conclude it was anything other than some random dude with some mental problems. There are likely millions of people that would love to kill Trump, Obama, and Hillary. Not exactly page 1 stuff.

Well then...........knowing as much as you do on what is or what isn't...............maybe you would like to be his lawyer.....or file an amicus brief with the court

Well then...........knowing as much as you do on what is or what isn't...............maybe you would like to be his lawyer.....or file an amicus brief with the court
What exactly do you think having common sense about the newsworthiness of a story would have to do with being a lawyer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/
Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?

“The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story…………..
………… recent firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski received far more attention. Trump called in to the Trump-friendly "Fox & Friends" morning show and wasn't even asked about the attempt on his life……….

I would like to know too………….

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

The MSM is not doing their job …….

Did someone shoot at Trump?

Back
Top Bottom