• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

“The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story…………..
………… recent firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski received far more attention. Trump called in to the Trump-friendly "Fox & Friends" morning show and wasn't even asked about the attempt on his life……….

I would like to know too………….

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

The MSM is not doing their job …….

Because it's not Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

“The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story…………..
………… recent firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski received far more attention. Trump called in to the Trump-friendly "Fox & Friends" morning show and wasn't even asked about the attempt on his life……….

Attempted assassination is big time news…….our country has suffered all too much from the assassination …and failed attempts of the President and many important nation leaders…..

Folks need to be reminded of the seriousness of this attempt on possibly our next President…….

And in this case......

Because, like Trump's campaign and bluster, it was cosmetic and utterly incompetent?

Just a guess.

No idea why, especially considering the fact that the MSM covers Trump 24/7.

And in this case......

Probably because it wasn't much of an attempt.

It's ironic that he's a Brit, though. England's criminal culture is bleeding over into The United States.

And in this case......

Bigger on the news than what? The would-be assassin's name gets a hit on every major news site.

Attempted murderer was not aging, fat, white Christian. Ergo, deemed not newsworthy.

Folks this is no joke.........

I lived thru JFK, MLK and Robert Kennedy...........which killed all hope from what America was....and then soon after the Nixon mess.......... which was the beginnings of what we now have........ anger, distrust, fear and disbelief of anything the government says or does.......

We do not need any more attacks/assassinations in the US...........

I lived thru JFK, MLK and Robert Kennedy...........which killed all hope from what America was....and then soon after the Nixon mess.......... which was the beginnings of what we now have........ anger, distrust, fear and disbelief of anything the government says or does.......

Agreed, but this wasn't even a half-assed attempt.

a

We just had the worst mass-shooting in modern history, perpetuated by a potentially repressed-homosexual Muslim Islamist who was a registered Democrat, and the liberal media spent a week blaming Conservatives, Christians, and the NRA. What makes you think I was joking?

And in this case......

There were 2 assassination attempts on Obama that also received scant coverage. It's not because they were big news either. Just like Trump's would-be assassination attempt, those 2 were also ham handed and idiotic, and not worth covering.

There is no conspiracy. LOL.

And in this case......

Because clearly the mainstream media (excuse me, "lamestream media") is against Trump giving him 2+ billion of free media attention!

And in this case......

The publicity stunt didn't work and the kid is being thrown back into central casting.

He was fired!

a

We just had the worst mass-shooting in modern history, perpetuated by a potentially repressed-homosexual Muslim Islamist who was a registered Democrat, and the liberal media spent a week blaming Conservatives, Christians, and the NRA. What makes you think I was joking?

Was I talking to you.............

There were 2 assassination attempts on Obama that also received scant coverage. It's not because they were big news either. Just like Trump's would-be assassination attempt, those 2 were also ham handed and idiotic, and not worth covering.

There is no conspiracy. LOL.

Never said anything about conspiracy..........Please don't try to put yoyr words in my mouth or think you can read my mind and really know what I meant but did not say

Yay! First thing you've ever said that I agree with. Well done!
It's ironic that he's a Brit, though. England's criminal culture is bleeding over into The United States.

Like the short-lived taste of Fruit Stripe Gum, the romance is gone.

No, that's not happening.

Hilarious! Thank you.

Because it's not Hillary.

... And because the guy is obviously a liberal/anti-republican, which doesn't fit the MSM narrative that they oh-so-love to push, of a conservative clinging to his guns and his bible, it's a story that simply doesn't interest them at all.

The United States has actually suffered relatively few assassinations.

Back
Top Bottom