• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I Became Pro Life

A child's right to his or her life is not something that can be bartered with.

Not by you,... not by me.

Sorry.

What Riv said.

So, I fully intend to be a proper parent and preserve the life of my 12 year old, my 9 year old, my 6 year old and my 3 year old.

Let's pretend for one moment that I really am pregnant and am planning on aborting - I've called the Dr and set up teh appointment and he agrees, considering my issues, that it's for the best for my other children. Knowing my issues you'd still want me to put aside the needs of my 4 other children because of your desire for me to not abort a baby?

Well, take that and tell it to my 4 other kids who will have nothing but another year of "mommy being really sick" to go through. Honestly - it's cruel to put kids through that ****. Which is why I won't do it, again. They didn't have a fun candyland time at Grandma's house - you think it's some sort of lighthearted game to force children to be separated from their parents or to watch mommy just topple over while cooking dinner 'cause she stood up for too long, or be so weak Mommy can't even sit up in bed? For Mommy to lose control of her bowels while watching tv?

Your idea of what is and isn't acceptable to put kids through is astounding and ass-backwards.
You take the psychology and wellbeing of children who ARE born and really just throw it under the bus for an undeveloped zygote that has no concept of itself, let alone everyone else, in the world.

That's just way off mark - and goes against what you claim to believe in = life. I have no clue how you became so wrapped up in it that you think my children deserve to be put back through that type of situation. . . thankfully Congress and even Bush didn't feel that way.

What Riv said.

So, I fully intend to be a proper parent and preserve the life of my 12 year old, my 9 year old, my 6 year old and my 3 year old.

Let's pretend for one moment that I really am pregnant and am planning on aborting - I've called the Dr and set up teh appointment and he agrees, considering my issues, that it's for the best for my other children. Knowing my issues you'd still want me to put aside the needs of my 4 other children because of your desire for me to not abort a baby?

Well, take that and tell it to my 4 other kids who will have nothing but another year of "mommy being really sick" to go through. Honestly - it's cruel to put kids through that ****. Which is why I won't do it, again. They didn't have a fun candyland time at Grandma's house - you think it's some sort of lighthearted game to force children to be separated from their parents or to watch mommy just topple over while cooking dinner 'cause she stood up for too long, or be so weak Mommy can't even sit up in bed? For Mommy to lose control of her bowels while watching tv?

Your idea of what is and isn't acceptable to put kids through is astounding and ass-backwards.
You take the psychology and wellbeing of children who ARE born and really just throw it under the bus for an undeveloped zygote that has no concept of itself, let alone everyone else, in the world.

That's just way off mark - and goes against what you claim to believe in = life. I have no clue how you became so wrapped up in it that you think my children deserve to be put back through that type of situation. . . thankfully Congress and even Bush didn't feel that way.

I find it illogical to the point that I am tempted to call it "wrong,...."

That someone would use the possibility that one child or group of children MIGHT be inconvienienced or burdened in some way,.... as an excuse to deny the basic RIGHT that another child has to their life.

Your logic and aproach for dealing with a possible pregnancy is very disturbing.

I actually have concerns for the safety of your remaining children,.... Your husband too for that matter.

I find it illogical to the point that I am tempted to call it "wrong,...."

That someone would use the possibility that one child or group of children MIGHT be inconvienienced or burdened in some way,.... as an excuse to deny the basic RIGHT that another child has to their life.

Your logic and aproach for dealing with a possible pregnancy is very disturbing.

I actually have concerns for the safety of your remaining children,.... Your husband too for that matter.

What's this "might" be inconvenienced.
They WERE - did you read anything I wrote? THAT HAPPENED TO ME! IT HAPPENED TO THEM. IT HAPPENED TO US.

If I get pregnant it is 100% guaranteed to happen AGAIN and be even WORSE. . . .but when I'm not pregnant I'm fine - I have an intestinal disorder and anemia so I'll always have to take iron, vitamins and B12 shots and go in occasionally for a colonoscopy and a glucose screening, avoid getting pregnant, and eat healthy - if I do that then I'm FINE. My condition only spirals out of control when I'm PREGNANT due to hormones and chemical imbalances.

So - you really just don't want to accept reality in my case. You live in a bubble in which pregnancy should be awesome, life is great, things are spiffy. :shrug: You don't want that bubble to burst - well - I don't live in a bubble. It would be GREAT if I did. I'd love it if I could have been a positive and aware part of each of my children's pregnancies - especially my younger son's because that was hardest on all the kids to go through - but I can't. Unless medical science solves the issues surrounding my pregnancy conditions it just won't be possible.

To preserve my children's lives I fully intend on never being pregnant again. . . .because taking adequate care of the children I DO have is my utmost priority.

But never mind that reality, though - you have no interest in it. :shrug: You say whatever to science. You say whatever to professionals in the medical field. . . the only thing that matters to you is your disconnected view of "life"

Last edited:
They WERE - did you read anything I wrote? THAT HAPPENED TO ME! IT HAPPENED TO THEM. IT HAPPENED TO US.

If I get pregnant it is 100% guaranteed to happen AGAIN and be even WORSE. . . .but when I'm not pregnant I'm fine - I have an intestinal disorder and anemia so I'll always have to take iron, vitamins and B12 shots and go in occasionally for a colonoscopy and a glucose screening, avoid getting pregnant, and eat healthy - if I do that then I'm FINE. My condition only spirals out of control when I'm PREGNANT due to hormones and chemical imbalances.

So - you really just don't want to accept reality in my case. You live in a bubble in which pregnancy should be awesome, life is great, things are spiffy. :shrug: You don't want that bubble to burst - well - I don't live in a bubble. It would be GREAT if I did. I'd love it if I could have been a positive and aware part of each of my children's pregnancies - especially my younger son's because that was hardest on all the kids to go through - but I can't. Unless medical science solves the issues surrounding my pregnancy conditions it just won't be possible.

To preserve my children's lives I fully intend on never being pregnant again. . . .because taking adequate care of the children I DO have is my utmost priority.

But never mind that reality, though - you have no interest in it. :shrug: You say whatever to science. You say whatever to professionals in the medical field. . . the only thing that matters to you is your disconnected view of "life"

My sister had difficulty with her first kid. She was bedridden for the last month of her pregnancy with her second. She was bedridden for last 2 - 3 months of her last pregnancy. If she gets pregnant again, it's likely she'll be bedridden for most of the pregnancy since she has a medical condition that ONLY presents itself when she's pregnant and has gotten progressively worse with each subsequent pregnancy.

She found herself pregnant again a couple of months ago. Needless to say, there wasn't a person in the family pleased about this news. Not a one. It was a devastating prospect to try and consider how in the HELL she was going to afford a 4th child when she has a hard enough time affording the ones she has now, and how she could do it when she wouldn't be able to work for months. My parents were beside themselves, they've had to help her immensely over the years and they - to say the least - exhausted physically, emotionally, financially, and mentally. My sister is pro-choice as far as legality goes, but she would never have an abortion. Much to my parent's dismay. Intimate discussions with my mother yielded questions regarding how my sister could be THAT selfish, how she could not think of the physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing of her other children, or the same hardship put upon my parents.

When she had a miscarriage, it was some of the best news that the family - including my sister - has gotten. Talk about a relief. I could not even fathom how much suffering a fourth child would force upon the family. I think that although she would never initiate an abortion, she WILLED herself to miscarry. LOL

If only the new search engine were working as well as the old one,... I would have you pull up my past posts where I talked about my wife's bout with Toxemia.

But,... it's not working right so I'll find them some other way.

If only the new search engine were working as well as the old one,... I would have you pull up my past posts where I talked about my wife's bout with Toxemia.

But,... it's not working right so I'll find them some other way.

Why is it that the vast majority of "pro-lifers" are rabidly enthusiastic in seeking government support for protection of the fetus....

yet almost as equally as rabidly enthusiastic against governmental aid for the child?

Why is it that the vast majority of "pro-lifers" are rabidly enthusiastic in seeking government support for protection of the fetus....

yet almost as equally as rabidly enthusiastic against governmental aid for the child?

Because it's not about protection. It's about punishment.

When she had a miscarriage, it was some of the best news that the family - including my sister - has gotten. Talk about a relief. I could not even fathom how much suffering a fourth child would force upon the family. I think that although she would never initiate an abortion, she WILLED herself to miscarry. LOL

:shock:

Oh I get it!

:2razz: :lol: :lamo

That's just hilarious!

Oh my Gawd!

:rofl

Thanks for sharing that one with us.

Last edited:

Reality Check; Chuz Life's Profile

Abortion:1,368.Polls:498.Where's my Binky:266.Conspiracy Theories:139.Archives:89.The Penalty Box:63.The Sewer:54.The Dungeon:41.Hear Me Gripe:35.Off topic discussion:33.US Constitution:24.Environment & Climate Issues:24.Religion & Philosophy:19.Art & Entertainment:17.Health Care:16.The Tavern:14.Sex and Sexuality:13.*Breaking News* - Blogs:13.The Hole:12.*Breaking News* - Mainstream Media:11.General Political Discussion:10.News 2.0:9.News of the Weird:9.Come in and say Hi:8.Feedback / Suggestions:8.Law and Order:8.Partisan Sandbox:7.US Political Scandal Du Jour:7.On the lighter side:6.Warfare:6.Dating and Relationships:5.US Elections:2.Ask Your Bartender:2.Immigration:2.Education:2.Military:1.Book Nook:1.

Please provide a link to any number of posts that support this claim of yours.

Explain to me what human is not a person, and why some humans are legally protected and other's aren't...

Explain to me what human is not a person, and why some humans are legally protected and other's aren't...
The ones without the physical ability for higher thought processes. The ones who cannot think or feel, and whose sentience is less than that of a horsefly.

The ones without the physical ability for higher thought processes. The ones who cannot think or feel, and whose sentience is less than that of a horsefly.

So then could we kill someone in a coma with a damaged brain? Should we be able to kill them if they have a chance of recovery?

I was formerly pro choice because I believed that no woman intended to kill babies. It always sat wrong with me to demonize mothers, because I didn't believe their intent was to kill innocent children.

Please answer these questions:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/abortion/74140-help-wanted-5.html#post1058788407

Otherwise I have no interest in anything you have to say.

If the anti-choice lobby really wants to get its way, then I want you to demonstrate awareness of the natural consequences that your legal desires will create in our society. There will be many, and if you cannot demonstrate that awareness, then your opinion is not worth very much to me and it shows that you are not in favor of maintaining a healthy, free society, but rather rule of law according to a morality that you cannot justify.

Thanks.

exactly...say hypothetically the doctor said...well yes your son is in a coma, but i've seen his particular condition a thousand times. He will recover in 9 months garunteed...would it be ok to pull the plug then?

So then could we kill someone in a coma with a damaged brain? Should we be able to kill them if they have a chance of recovery?

If their brain has been damaged to the extent that the physical components necessary for thought are no longer present or functioning, yes.

If their brain has been damaged to the extent that the physical components necessary for thought are no longer present or functioning, yes.

But what if they have a chance of recovery or gaining some of their mental capacity back?

What about my wife, Rivrrat?
What about her?

But what if they have a chance of recovery or gaining some of their mental capacity back?
Are the physical components necessary for thought present or not? If not, they cannot be a person.

In the case of a fetus, the physical components necessary for thought processes are not damaged. They don't exist.

Wow...so you directed me to another post with a bunch of questions asked by people other than you, and then threaten me with your lack of interest and expect me to take you seriously?

Wow...so you directed me to another post with a bunch of questions asked by people other than you, and then threaten me with your lack of interest and expect me to take you seriously?

No, I directed you to a post by me where I ask a bunch of questions.

Are you afraid to answer them?

What about her?

Are the physical components necessary for thought present or not? If not, they cannot be a person.

In the case of a fetus, the physical components necessary for thought processes are not damaged. They don't exist.

There's a difference here...what digsbe was asking is what if they will recover say they have no thought capacity right now, but is expected to recover 9 months from now....then is it ok?

Back
Top Bottom