• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I Became Pro Life

Well, I'm sorry but coming from a man that sounds very hypocritical to me.

So you think.

But I know better.

I myself was an unplanned child,... I would venture to say most of us are. My daughter was not only unplanned,... but she was conceived during make up sex after a big fight and against my better judgment.

The easiest thing in the ****ing world would have been for me to plop down $400, say do what you got to do and walk away.

I PRAYED that the pregnancy test was wrong.

I knew I would be permanently connected to this person who I had already made up my mind that it wasn't going to work out with.

But I walk the ****ing talk.

I as a man can see that it is far more sexist and selfish to push a woman into having an abortion just so I can walk away from the responsibilities of a father and even leave HER,... so I can just go knock some other woman up and repeat it over and over until I find one I want to stay with someday.....

I ask you,... which is more sexist?

A guy who pushes women into aborting babies because they don't want to be tied down? Or a guy like me who defends those babies AGAINST predatory men like that and the women who are sometimes just as bad?

Last edited:
You may be right,... but elective abortion will have to remain legal despite an ever increasing determination to see that it doesn't.

Even men who are or were single parents with full custody?

I raised my daughter by myself with little to no help from my ex. I raised her from the age of 2 to 11 before I finally remarried. While I was raising her, I took care of my ailing Grandmother for 5 years or more while working at home and taking care of both. When I remarried (a woman) we moved my ailing Step Mother and father in with us,... She had a braintumor and due to her meds had two artificial hips and an artificial shoulder. I was the only one strong enough to get her a shower,... up off the floor when she fell, etc. (and she fell a lot),... Then my wife suffers a full cardiac arrest,... and I still have to care for her in ways you may never understand or appreciate due to her Anoxic brain injury,....

I know I'm not there yet,... but could you please ****ing tell me when I (a very tired middle aged man) have done enough to earn the right to speak his mind on women's issues?

So you think.

I know better.

I myself was an unplanned child,... I would venture to say most of us are. My daughter was not only unplanned,... but she was conceived during make up sex after a big fight and against my better judgment.

The easiest thing in the ****ing world would have been for me to plop down $400, say do what you got to do and walk away.

I PRAYED that the pregnancy test was wrong.

I knew I would be permanently connected to this person who I had already made up my mind that it wasn't going to work out with.

But I walk the ****ing talk.

I as a man can see that it is far more sexist and selfish to push a woman into having an abortion just so I can walk away from the responsibilities of a father and even leave HER,... so I can just go knock some other woman up and repeat it over and over until I find one I want to stay with someday.....

A guy who pushes women into aborting babies because they don't want to be tied down? Or a guy like me who defends those babies AGAINST predatory men like that and the women who are sometimes just as bad?

I'm pretty sure I've got a sob story that trumps yours.
I tend to present it in bite-sized segments, and in a comical light, however, since I dislike being the object of pity.
I have reason on my side, and have no need to attempt to appeal to emotions, to solicit sympathy, or to engage in "Whose Life's Suckier?" competitions in order to score political points.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've got a sob story that trumps yours.
I tend to present it in bite-sized segments, and in a comical light, however, since I dislike being the object of pity.
I have reason on my side, and have no need to attempt to appeal to emotions, to solicit sympathy, or to engage in "Whose Life's Suckier?" competitions in order to score political points.

My post was not about for for pity,...

It's about sexism and who is more sexist?

A guy who defends children even against their mothers and predatory men? Or the men who use abortion as a means to shirk their responsibilities often times leaving a woman alone and pregnant with the attitude of "I told the bitch to get rid of it?"

I really want an answer,.. which 'man' is more sexist?

Yes, a man pressuring a woman into getting an abortion she does not want is also incredibly sexist. But again, I'm not talking about men in an actual pregnancy scenario. I'm talking about men who are just politically opposed to abortion who may or may not have ever been fathers. There's a difference between whether you think a pregnancy that you are involved with should be aborted or not, and thinking that no pregnancy anywhere should be aborted.

Clearly, the people who wish to strip women of their fundamental human right to bodily sovereignty, and thus, their humanity.

Yes, a man pressuring a woman into getting an abortion she does not want is also incredibly sexist. But again, I'm not talking about men in an actual pregnancy scenario. I'm talking about men who are just politically opposed to abortion who may or may not have ever been fathers. There's a difference between whether you think a pregnancy that you are involved with should be aborted or not, and thinking that no pregnancy anywhere should be aborted.

You are missing the point.

A child's rights are not based upon whether they are wanted or planned.

Period.

A fetus is not a child.

Oh just shoot me,... here we all go again!

CHILD

1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children.
2. a son or daughter: All my children are married.
3. a baby or infant.
4. a human fetus.

Last edited:

A guy who defends children even against their mothers and predatory men? Or the men who use abortion as a means to shirk their responsibilities often times leaving a woman alone and pregnant with the attitude of "I told the bitch to get rid of it?"

The man's opinion is irrelevant.

As i have researched the topic I have found that there is only one central topic that is important to issue. What is the unborn? If it is not human life then it can be discarded, willi nilli, no problem.

Not so. Qualifiying as "human life" does not give an entity the right to reside in a woman's womb. If saving "human life" is so important, why aren't fathers compelled to donate blood, bone marrow, and extra kidney, etc. if needed in order to save the child's life? Only women are compelled to sacrifice approximately one year of their lives for each birth. That indicates that it is not saving the "life" that is so important, but punishment for a woman who dared to choose to have sex.

Another reason I'm against abortion is because it has the same effect on the African American community as eugenics. African American women account for 38% while only making up 13% of the female population. Abortions are had primarily by lower economic class citizens, and this is a huge problem.

African American women have more unplanned pregnancies, perhaps it is a lack of access to contraceptives or a lack of education to use them, IAC, there is not going to be a shortage of African American children because abortion is legal. It is also a CHOICE, no African American women are ever forced to have abortions.

Elective abortion will never be illegal in this country again. That's just a fact. I know saying this is going to bother some people, but I've always found the idea of men having any non pro-choice opinion on abortion incredibily hypocritical and borderline sexist.

It's easy for someone who never has to face an unwanted pregnancy to say that a woman should have to go through it. Not knowing what it's like to be in that situation and being biologically incapable of being able to know what it's like to be in that situation, I have always felt that it shouldn't be up to me or anyone other than the woman going through it.

Elective abortion will become illegal if enough people stand up against abortion and fetal murder. It is a very hard hurdle to overcome but many in the pro-life community are willing to fight for what we believe. How is it sexist for a man to have a non pro choice opinion? If I ever got a woman pregnant I would take on the responsibility as a father (like I should) and care for the child that will be born to me (because I sure wouldn't let her kill it either).

Just because I haven't faced an unwanted pregnancy doesn't mean I can't understand or have an opinion on abortion. No woman has the right to electively murder her unborn child. No one knows what it's like to be a fetus being chemically burned to death or being crushed and sucked out of a womb either, so therefore should no one be allowed to have a pro-choice opinion? Personally there should be no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy as long as the sex was unwanted as well. Sex is for reproduction, not just sensual pleasure.

Since men don't USE abortion, the question is irrelevant. No matter how much a man wants a woman to abort, she doesn't have to do so. If abortion should be criminalized, there would be a lot MORE men leaving a woman alone and pregnant with the attitude that it's all her fault so she can deal with it.

Elective abortion will become illegal if enough people stand up against abortion and fetal murder. It is a very hard hurdle to overcome but many in the pro-life community are willing to fight for what we believe. How is it sexist for a man to have a non pro choice opinion? If I ever got a woman pregnant I would take on the responsibility as a father (like I should) and care for the child that will be born to me (because I sure wouldn't let her kill it either).
Well it's a good thing you don't have to "let" her kill it. She can do it with or without your permission.

No woman has the right to electively murder her unborn child.
Actually, yes we do.

No one knows what it's like to be a fetus being chemically burned to death or being crushed and sucked out of a womb either, so therefore should no one be allowed to have a pro-choice opinion?
No fetus knows what it's like either, since they are incapable of *knowing* or *feeling* anything.

Personally there should be no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy as long as the sex was unwanted as well. Sex is for reproduction, not just sensual pleasure.
LMFAO

99.9% of the time people are NOT having sex to reproduce. 99.9% of the time, sex is for pleasure. And whether or not the sex is wanted is completely, totally, and 100% irrelevant to whether or not someone wants a child.

Well it's a good thing you don't have to "let" her kill it. She can do it with or without your permission.
I would strongly urge her not to do it and do all I can (without hurting her) to stop her from killing our child.
Actually, yes we do.
Currently yes, but things will change and abortion will be made illegal. Not all laws are right or moral, and a woman morally doesn't have the right to deny life to another and kill her child because it's an inconvenience to her body.
No fetus knows what it's like either, since they are incapable of *knowing* or *feeling* anything.
Not true, a child being aborted during partial birth can feel the scissors plunged in it's skull and can feel it's brains being vacuumed out. Any fetus with a nervous system can feel the chemical burns. Even cells react to negative/painful stimuli.
LMFAO

99.9% of the time people are NOT having sex to reproduce. 99.9% of the time, sex is for pleasure. And whether or not the sex is wanted is completely, totally, and 100% irrelevant to whether or not someone wants a child.
It doesn't matter. I am not against sex for pleasure and I believe in pre conceptual birth control, but the fact is that sex exists for reproduction and every time two people consent to sex they need to understand that a child may be created through it. If someone wants sex, they need to be able to bear the responsibility of having and carrying a child. They may not want the child, but they need to understand that a human life may be created by preforming the action that exists for procreation.

I would strongly urge her not to do it and do all I can (without hurting her) to stop her from killing our child.

Currently yes, but things will change and abortion will be made illegal. Not all laws are right or moral, and a woman morally doesn't have the right to deny life to another and kill her child because it's an inconvenience to her body.
She has the right. Period. For ANY reason.

Not true, a child being aborted during partial birth can feel the scissors plunged in it's skull and can feel it's brains being vacuumed out.
Ahh... so you're talking about the tiniest subset of abortions that are done to save the mother's life. You're focused on the .17% of abortions done in this country, and done to save the life of the mother?

Any fetus with a nervous system can feel the chemical burns. Even cells react to negative/painful stimuli.
Pain is interpreted by the brain. Also, the thalamus develops into the sensory input area by relaying information to the correct regions via thalamocortical fibers. Fibers that don't start developing until 17 weeks and don't make permanent connections until 22 - 34 weeks.

Guess when most abortions are done? That's right, under 16 weeks.

It doesn't matter. I am not against sex for pleasure and I believe in pre conceptual birth control, but the fact is that sex exists for reproduction and every time two people consent to sex they need to understand that a child may be created through it. If someone wants sex, they need to be able to bear the responsibility of having and carrying a child. They may not want the child, but they need to understand that a human life may be created by preforming the action that exists for procreation.
No, sex does not "exist for" anything. Sex is just something we do. And while a conception may occur during sex, that doesn't mean that we can't solve the problem in much the same way as we would remedy a problem created upon having a car accident we didn't intend to have or consent to when we got into a car.

And no, someone absolutely does NOT need to be able to 'bear the responsibility of' having a child just to have sex. If that were the case, most people would not ever be "allowed" to have sex.

Elective abortion will become illegal if enough people stand up against abortion and fetal murder. It is a very hard hurdle to overcome but many in the pro-life community are willing to fight for what we believe.

Well, you just go ahead and keep futilely beating your brains out against a brick wall, cupcake.
We find it amusing to watch. :)

Since men don't USE abortion, the question is irrelevant. No matter how much a man wants a woman to abort, she doesn't have to do so. If abortion should be criminalized, there would be a lot MORE men leaving a woman alone and pregnant with the attitude that it's all her fault so she can deal with it.

There are more ways than one for a man to "use abortion."

Last edited:
That may be so,...

To you.

In your opinion.

I have plenty of women in my life who not only share my views but encourage me to keep up the fight.
It's not an opinion. The man has no say. Period. I need no man's permission to remove an unwanted organism from my body.

It's not an opinion. The man has no say. Period. I need no man's permission to remove an unwanted organism from my body.

We have not only a say, Rivrrat,... but we have votes and ability to write new policy, rule in the courts, etc.

Men wrote Roe v. Wade and men can overturn it.

We have not only a say, Rivrrat,... but we have votes and ability to write new policy, rule in the courts, etc.

It should be overturned, cause you men ****ed it up. But that's irrelevant to the legality of abortion. ;)

Yeah, for the past 40 years, I guess they've just been too busy scratching their balls and slapping one another heartily on the backs to bother with it.
As soon as they have a free minute, though, they're totally gonna do it. :lol:

I am not interested in teaching opinions (though our institutions do just that every day.)

A declaration by the Supreme Court that personhood begins at conception would be all the weight that biological fact would need in the way of 'weight' to teach people the importance of prevention and the consequences of creating a new life without such regard.

I'm not saying that the biological facts are an opinion, but pretty much everyone learns those in school already. I'm saying that regardless of what the supreme court says, you'll never convince women that believe otherwise that it's wrong to abort. After all, the supreme court now says that personhood does not begin at conception, and abortion is legal, does that mean you believe it?

Back
Top Bottom