• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the first debate?

Who won?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 101 51.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
You've dodged my point with a childish Trump whataboutism. Until Biden IS the president, he has no standing to verbally assault a sitting president. I don't care if you disagree...

LMFAO Translation:

giphy.gif

Right on, but Trump's performance last night was disappointing. Instead of attacking and interrupting he should have simply allowed Biden to flail when dodging the moderator's questions.
i agree it was a flaming crap show. for all involved.

Biden is a crude and unkind man who can't handle criticism of him at all. He flew off the handle in rage when Trump asked him about his desire to pack the Supreme Court with a slew of justices to vote the way Biden wants them to vote. Biden is an animal of the worst class. Biden should never have come out of is cave to try to fool America into thinking he could be a decent good human being. Biden will lose this election and he can blame only himself for being a total failure as a human being who proved again he is not fit to be president of this country.

You have a very unusual viewpoint of who is crude and unkind or can’t handle criticism. Even most Trump supporters feel that way about Trump. They just hold their nose but vote for him because of some perceived self benefit...which usually just turns out to be part of the con game...like his economic “miracle.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He should have denounced white supremacists just as Biden should have denounced the murderous mobs

There were plenty of gaffes, in other words. It was a gaffe fest and Donald Trump owns the majority

He should have denounced white supremacists just as Biden should have denounced the murderous mobs
Trump will never condemn his racist base.

There were plenty of gaffes, in other words. It was a gaffe fest and Donald Trump owns the majority
you're a Trump hater and that bias is obvious. Biden had more gaffes. Trump should have let Biden talk more

Are you okay? Do you promise not to participate in any post-election violence in support of Trump?

Are you okay? Do you condemn white supremacy and other far-right groups like the Proud Boys in the strongest possible terms?
Just far-right groups?
I ask because the ones burning down buildings are Biden voters ... if they're voters at all ... so you sound confused about what's going on.

you're a Trump hater and that bias is obvious. Biden had more gaffes. Trump should have let Biden talk more

No, Trump had far more gaffes by a long shot. That is obvious to anyone who actually watched the debates regardless of bias. Trump embarrassed his party, his country, and the office of the President of the United States. Biden just looked like a deer in headlights.

You are correct that Trump should have let Biden talk more.

that's not much to condemn. The real racists are from the party that fought a war to sustain slavery. And Biden didn't denounce the murderers and looters
lol...yeah, the states who now exclusively support the Republicans and make up the core of Trump's base. You really should know better than to parrot such stupid shit from dumbed-down informational sources.

Trump was not bullying in any way.

He was aggressively going through the points his was making.

The reason he had to do this is because Biden would make false accusations against him, and Wallace would turn try to move the debate along, without giving Trump a chance to respond.

Wallace brought up Trump’s tax returns, but refused to bring up Hunter Biden. Trump had to force it in, he had no choice.

What false accusations by Biden? Lots of lies from Trump as expected.

During one of the Democratic debates, Warren was constantly interrupting the moderator, and liberal commentators thought it was bold.

Part of this, I think, is the liberal line of thinking that states that white males need to be quiet and step aside.

Trump can’t help his gender or race.

Hold on there.

From the moment you said “Biden’s charge is true,” you fell to the exact same level you are accusing Trump of falling to.

Accusing the President of murdering hundreds of thousands of Americans is what is causing all this mess. Trump’s tone is a reaction to it.

You are outraged when someone raises their voice, but you are fine with atrocious comments, as long as they are delivered in a calm voice.

Interesting.

Good job pointing out his hideous hypocrisy.

What false accusations by Biden? Lots of lies from Trump as expected.
Biden stated that Trump defended white nationalists.

False.

Biden stated that Trump wants to eliminate the pre-existing condition guarantee.

False.

Biden stated that Trump called soldiers losers and suckers.

False.

And Wallace did not say a word towards Biden about any of this.

He will not have a choice for the upcoming debates it seems. Changes are coming to the structure of the debates. Truth is, the jackass is only hurting himself by behaving like a second grader in two ways: first, everyone can see him exposed for what he is: an immature jerk, and second, he isn't allowing Biden enough rope to hang himself with because he is doing all the talking. The ONLY way Biden loses the election is if he hangs himself through his own mistakes:

Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues,” the CPD said. “The CPD will be carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly.”

Your president refused to condemn white supremacy.

Game over.

If you support Trump, you are a white supremacist enabler.

Shame on you.

That's a lie.

Also, Biden lied that the ANTIFA Brown Shirts on Kristalnacht are "just an idea."

Well, that idea is burning down cities and destroying thousand of lives as their dreams and life's work go up in flames at the hands of Quid Pro's "idea."

The answer goes without stating but all he had to do was say "I disapprove of it". If the question were to Biden, he would say that. Trump is in favor of nationalism, white, black, Hispanic, Indian. Again, It is ONLY because we have a Goebbelsian press do we have the notion that he is some white supremacist. He has denounced Nazis many times and the incident in South Carolina was just him saying that not everyone who was on the right were there for violence or were supremacists. They just didn't think statues should be torn down. He should have elaborated on that in the debate but he forget that the Goebbelsians have succeeded in promoting the lie.

BS. The Proud boys got the message loud and clear just as Trump intended. They even worked up a new logo. They are getting tons of inquiries on how to join up. Thanks to Trump, the Proud Boys and Vladimir Putin are the winners in the debate.
ceae1dccb12c69b479a53874d631960b.jpg

that's not much to condemn. The real racists are from the party that fought a war to sustain slavery. And Biden didn't denounce the murderers and looters

Oh you mean the peaceful protesters, antifa who is an "idea"? Yeah, I noticed that too.

After sleeping on it, I have a change of position.

A tie. More precisely, a stalemate.

No. Biden won that by virtue of making no major gaffes. Trump made two.

1. He told right-wing extremists to "stand back and stand by." Already they are passing around that line as a meme, as permission from the "president" to strike when they feel ready. In one moment, trump again failed to condemn white supremacy, but not only that, he gave a wink-wink to white supremacist violence.

2. He refused to commit to a peaceful transition of power if he loses. Not even George W. Bush was this bad after Obama won, term limits be damned. The Constitution is very clear that if Biden wins a majority of electoral votes, he WILL become the President.

That was like a hockey game where one team outshoots the other 20-2 in the first period and gets away with penalty after penalty, but neither team scores, which is all that matters. Calm Joe--that's my new nickname for him going forward, especially when the derogatory analogue comes up--Calm Joe withstood an assault the likes of which I've never seen before in a presidential "debate," which was a debate in name only.

And trump scored two own goals, the white supremacy gaffe and the no peaceful transition gaffe. 2-0 Biden after the first period.

I have been watching presidential debates for decades, and that was BY FAR the worst job a moderator has ever done. trump threw Wallace around like a ragdoll. While candidates often skirt the rules of going over time and interrupting the other, trump went so far beyond that tonight as to surely set some kind of record. Wallace embarrassed not only himself but the entire process of presidential debates.

Tomorrow morning, Biden's campaign needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with the Commission on Presidential Debates and demand stronger moderation in the upcoming debates. Particularly mics off when it's not the candidate's turn to speak.

I stand by every word of this. The American people deserve to know what the positions of the two candidates are. trump systematically denied us our right to hear that last night.

Back
Top Bottom