• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the first debate?

Who won?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 101 51.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
9 votes inadvertently in the trash out of millions cast is a problem when it was caught by the local election officials who are supposed to monitor any such issues?

Mueller found that the Russians were supporting Trump in 2016 and the intelligence agencies are saying the Russia is supporting Trump again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come on, you know darn well if they found 9 Biden votes in the trash the left would be screaming, "Post office collusion, see we told you so!". And, now it has come out that Hillary was actually the one colluding with the Russians to influence the 2016 election.

That is your best insult you are capable of hurling at Trump supporters who will carry Trump past the finish line to remaining the 45th president of the USA.
No secret I am a Trump supporter but I feel he should have waited and then made the same points on his time. Best to let Joe stumble through his thoughts, the ones he kept trying to read off the cue cards laid out before him. At least Trump did not need cue cards. Other than that, I think all three came off as school kids arguing on the play ground at recess.

Liberals are outraged about Trump’s tone, yet Biden has been going around telling audiences that Trump murdered hundreds of thousands of people.

It’s like, to liberals, the hateful content doesn’t matter as long as it’s delivered in a calm voice.

Well, your exaggeration notwithstanding, Biden's charge is true. His pathetic attempt at a response did kill thousands of people.

It's like, to liberals, the hateful content doesn't matter as long as it's TRUE.

There...a little accuracy.

Liberals are outraged about Trump’s tone, yet Biden has been going around telling audiences that Trump murdered hundreds of thousands of people.

It’s like, to liberals, the hateful content doesn’t matter as long as it’s delivered in a calm voice.
Biden doesn’t have to be loud. He leaves that up to his supporters.

Maybe I'm disappointed. I was hoping Biden would put him in his place and not go low with name calling. I wanted more substance out of Biden, not generalizations.

I'm ****ing disappointed that that those two are what we have to offer as leaders of our country. I'm honestly prepared for the worst come November, and incredibly sad that we are where we are as a country.

So I'm sorry I'm not on the 'ra..ra..Biden' bandwagon right now.

I know you're not a Trump fan, and that's fine, but on this thread where everyone seems to be wearing Biden blinders, your opinion is refreshingly honest. That's not to say that I thought Trump didn't misbehave during the debate, but Biden lied when he said he would bring back dignity to the office of the WH. Who was he trying to fool with that load of :poop:? He brawled like a sixth grade schoolyard bully.... so much for his pious fakery he's hawking to the country to gain votes.

Wallace lost control of the debates so he was the real loser. Runner up loser was Joe Biden when he disrespected the POTUS, disrespected the office of the presidency, and called the president a "clown" a few times over the course of the debate. He also told the POTUS to shut up. So out of line...
Trump called Biden dumb. If he said that 20 years ago, he would be thrown out of the election no matter what power he has

This is a "Deep Blue" board, heavily democrat biased. Even given the far left leaning, it amazes me how tepid the claims of a Biden win are.

Biden didn't Nadler himself on stage, he didn't eat a live baby. And this is about the bar the left held up for a Biden victory. But Biden was cornered on court packing and was eviscerated on the democrat terrorism in the cities, particularly the support for the police and by the police for him.

To claim a Biden victory is mindless disingenuousness. He did better than most democrats feared, and better than many Americans hoped. But he didn't do "well" by any stretch of the imagination. His hands shook as the adderall made him jittery, he paused as he listened to the answers from his staff through his earbud.

I didn't see a clear victory for Trump either. In his excitement to slam Biden, he offered often disjointed and incomplete answers. His interruptions of Biden often helped Quid Pro, who was well off into rambling before Trump cut in and saved him. Trump would have been FAR better off to let Biden ramble.

There was no clear winner, but Chris Wallace was a loser by any accounting. He was nakedly biased and determined to keep Trump from answering. Both Trump and Biden were openly contemptuous of his Hall Monitor attitude. While clearly wanting to play the role of Candy Crowley as a debate participant, he was no match for Trump and merely looked like an impotent hack.

We know what biden calling the president a clown multiple times and telling him to shut up is not keeping your cool.
we expected biden to act like that. this is the guy that challenged a voter to pushups after he asked a question biden didn't like.

I expect trump to act like trump. biden was supposed to be this super cool presidential guy. he proved otherwise.
he failed.

Right on, but Trump's performance last night was disappointing. Instead of attacking and interrupting he should have simply allowed Biden to flail when dodging the moderator's questions.

Well, your exaggeration notwithstanding, Biden's charge is true. His pathetic attempt at a response did kill thousands of people.

It's like, to liberals, the hateful content doesn't matter as long as it's TRUE.

There...a little accuracy.
Hold on there.

From the moment you said “Biden’s charge is true,” you fell to the exact same level you are accusing Trump of falling to.

Accusing the President of murdering hundreds of thousands of Americans is what is causing all this mess. Trump’s tone is a reaction to it.

You are outraged when someone raises their voice, but you are fine with atrocious comments, as long as they are delivered in a calm voice.

Interesting.

Hold on there.

From the moment you said “Biden’s charge is true,” you fell to the exact same level you are accusing Trump of falling to.

Uh, no. I never accuse Trump of telling the truth.

Oh please! Trump is the master of insults...it's his mantra. Trump always is divisive and never respects anything let alone the office of the President. Trump was enraged the entire night. He was unable to stop himself from interrupting. Trump has the nuclear codes...pretty damn scary for the whole world except for his lemmings and the Proud Boys. You're unwavering lust for him is inconceivable. To love Trump one has to hate America...

You've dodged my point with a childish Trump whataboutism. Until Biden IS the president, he has no standing to verbally assault a sitting president. I don't care if you disagree...

Right on, but Trump's performance last night was disappointing. Instead of attacking and interrupting he should have simply allowed Biden to flail when dodging the moderator's questions.

Eh, what would be nice is if he is much more prepared. Like when he defended himself on the Covid stuff. You can tell when he knows his shit. That said he is the bull in the ivory tower and so I all I need him to do is what he is.

THERE WAS NO DEBATE!

Stop the pageant format
Privately ask the candidates the same questions
and edit so same question is answered by all, privately
for an audience.

Maybe format in one candidate rebuttal & reply

El Moi
Defender of Truthiness

OGC.135e67c68b68d86a54746b54470249e2

Are you okay? Do you promise not to participate in any post-election violence in support of Trump?

Are you okay? Do you condemn white supremacy and other far-right groups like the Proud Boys in the strongest possible terms?

Biden won. Here's why: it turned into a food fight with the jackass being his usual obnoxious self. There is no way Wallace could have controlled the situation short of gagging the president. In a food fight the winner is the guy who gets the least amount of crap on him, and that was Biden-by far. If I am Biden I let the jackass know that unless he learns to behave like a candidate and not an ass I am not going to attend any more debates. Period. If the jackass agrees to behave and not interrupt but then starts with his BS again, I walk off the stage. Those would be my conditions. Biden doesn't need these debates: the jackass does. There is no reason for Biden to dignify our two year old president with attendance at another debate. Let the people decide. Now. They already have all the information they need.

The country lost last night. There were no real winners...

Biden utterly failed to provide voters with any vision for what his Presidency would be, other than he's not Trump. Which is all he needs for 99% of the loons. But the independents must be sorely disappointed.

the problem in the debate is that Biden engaged in over the line disrespect for the office of the President yet his fluffers continue to fluff him

There you go... For all the crying the anti-Trumpers have done over Trump's lack of good graces, here many are applauding Biden's despicably vile behavior toward a sitting president.

do you base your biased analysis on

1) you are an expert in political debates and have credibility in that area

2) you are a hard core Trump hater and your comments are nothing more than partisan hackery that you hope others will buy into?
" Trump's behavior was the WORST debate performance by ANY American presidential candidate in U.S. history "

Do you mean he was not? He isn't just a candidate you know, he is your president. You didn't find it embarrassing? (Embarrassing or undignified is by the way the assessment that Swedish press, from the far right to the left, summarized the debate with. In fact so much so that after reporting about it in forhand for several hours in most channels to only getting about 2 minutes in each newsreport today.)

Lol. A vote for Biden is a vote for Harris. You know, the one rejected by the members of the party very early on.

Are you sure you don’t mean Trump? You know, the one rejected by the members of the party very early on?

Are you sure you don’t mean Trump? You know, the one rejected by the members of the party very early on?

No, I know what I meant. Trump won the RNCs nomination. Harris didn’t with the DNC.

have the proud boys-who he addressed specifically-been convicted of any acts of terrorism? Its not like he said the Klan (which he named as a terrorist group) to stand by
You should already know that answer.

BTW, it's yes., more than one.

...and more than once.

Nothing about Trump refusing to denounce White Supremacy and telling the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by?
He should have denounced white supremacists just as Biden should have denounced the murderous mobs

Back
Top Bottom