• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the first debate?

Who won?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 101 51.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
It's not cherry picked at all. It is the exact same data types we use when we report deaths from influenza, HIV, or any other virus.
Did you miss the word "tested?"

If you don't test and look for the flu virus, you don't find it.

Did you miss the word "tested?"

If you don't test and look for the flu virus, you don't find it.
What are you talking about? If someone is dying from flu, they are likely in the hospital. One of the first things they are going to check for is the flu. And those with HIV have been tested. Their death certificates have HIV/AIDS on them, but also have other things because no one dies of HIV by itself. It always requires another thing to actually kill someone. That is the same thing we are doing with Covid19. You are attempting to deflect from any real argument. The actual science has been posted multiple times on here for why you are wrong.

Wallace lost control of the debates so he was the real loser. Runner up loser was Joe Biden when he disrespected the POTUS, disrespected the office of the presidency, and called the president a "clown" a few times over the course of the debate. He also told the POTUS to shut up. So out of line...

Wallace lost control of the debates so he was the real loser.

You forgot that Trump was uncontrollable?

Why?

What are you talking about? If someone is dying from flu, they are likely in the hospital. One of the first things they are going to check for is the flu. And those with HIV have been tested. Their death certificates have HIV/AIDS on them, but also have other things because no one dies of HIV by itself. It always requires another thing to actually kill someone. That is the same thing we are doing with Covid19. You are attempting to deflect from any real argument. The actual science has been posted multiple times on here for why you are wrong.
Believe as you wish. Testing has never been done as much in past years, especially with terminal patioets from other conditions. Now these termninal people are being caiunted as covid death, where they wouldn't be counted as flu deaths.

My God man. Earlier this year, a 5 year old girl died from meningitis, which happens. However, she was listed as a covid death.

Believe as you wish. Testing has never been done as much in past years, especially with terminal patioets from other conditions. Now these termninal people are being caiunted as covid death, where they wouldn't be counted as flu deaths.

My God man. Earlier this year, a 5 year old girl died from meningitis, which happens. However, she was listed as a covid death.
(Citation needed)

I don’t hold out much hope.

It was easy to find:

You very, very often, deny facts that were presented in the past, hoping they can't be found.

Again, you are a real denier. Not us.
LOL.

the meningitis was CAUSED by COVID in this case.

im sure you have no idea what meningitis is, but I’ll spare you a trip to dictionary.com and let you know it’s an inflammation of the meninges, the multiple protective coverings between the brain and skull.

meningitis has many causes, but the cause here was, apparently viral meningitis/encephalitis that WAS DIRECTLY CAUSED BY COVID.

I’d eviscerate your other stupid claims about people with concurrent diseases, or terminal diseases that die from COVID or your idiotic claim that hospitals are paid more for COVID deaths, but I think this will suffice for now.

LOL.

the meningitis was CAUSED by COVID in this case.

im sure you have no idea what meningitis is, but I’ll spare you a trip to dictionary.com and let you know it’s an inflammation of the meninges, the multiple protective coverings between the brain and skull.

meningitis has many causes, but the cause here was, apparently viral meningitis/encephalitis that WAS DIRECTLY CAUSED BY COVID.

I’d eviscerate your other stupid claims about people with concurrent diseases, or terminal diseases that die from COVID or your idiotic claim that hospitals are paid more for COVID deaths, but I think this will suffice for now.
Wrong.

The class of viruses that cause viral meningitis are enteroviruses.

Didn't you claim recently to know "magnitudes more" about biology than I?

Wrong.

The class of viruses that cause viral meningitis are enteroviruses.

Didn't you claim recently to know "magnitudes more" about biology than I?
Many viruses cause viral meningitis, including influenza.

And now, obviously SARS-CoV-2.

The girl died from meningitis directly caused by COVID.

And all the people who died from pulmonary emboli and had COVID died from..Covid induced PE. And the people who were immunocompromised with chemotherapy for their ‘terminal disease’ and caught COVID and died from complications also... died from COVID.

So since thats blown up in your face (as usual), care to cite the source that tells you that hospitals get paid 20% more for COVID deaths?

And all the people who died from pulmonary emboli and had COVID died from..Covid induced PE. And the people who were immunocompromised with chemotherapy for their ‘terminal disease’ and caught COVID and died from complications also... died from COVID.

So since thats blown up in your face (as usual), care to cite the source that tells you that hospitals get paid 20% more for COVID deaths?
May 07, 2020 · Under the CARES Act, hospitals can add 20% to their fee for treating a COVID-19 patient on Medicare. According to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation

Influenza is not a virus class. It's more of a effect class.

Please show me where a virus classes as a coronavirus causes meningitis.

Link please.

It's the treatment of the most likely possibility as fact that bothers me. Facts make statistics. Statistics do not make facts.
So we agree, probably just a dishonest PR stunt? I admit there is some possibility he was doing real work with no regard for the optics of it ... a ridiculously small possibility, to be sure, one small enough to not normally be worth mentioning, but yes, it's conceivable. Perhaps those blank pieces of paper really really needed signatures, and he just happened to change clothes in between signing sessions. It is also possible that Trump is from the farm planet Krooooma 7, and is made of lasagna; I doubt it, but I can't completely disprove it. (Maybe he even likes people who aren't white ... well, no, let's not get silly.)

So we agree, probably just a dishonest PR stunt? I admit there is some possibility he was doing real work with no regard for the optics of it ... a ridiculously small possibility, to be sure, one small enough to not normally be worth mentioning, but yes, it's conceivable. Perhaps those blank pieces of paper really really needed signatures, and he just happened to change clothes in between signing sessions. It is also possible that Trump is from the farm planet Krooooma 7, and is made of lasagna; I doubt it, but I can't completely disprove it. (Maybe he even likes people who aren't white ... well, no, let's not get silly.)
What I see is the president in two different rooms. One with his jacket on, one with it off. Same shirt and cuff links.

It is disingenuous to say the papers are blank, as there is no way to tell with the resolution of the images and angle.

You have proven to not care about finding the facts out.

As for the sharpie like pen? Have you ever seen how many times the president actually uses a fat pen in his signatures? Not uncommon at all.

It is also perfectly plausible that the date stamps are correct. A lot can happen in 10 minutes.

People like you, are simply unethical. You don't care about the facts, just being a bully and making others look bad for your own purposes or amusement.

The facts are often what we don't think of.

You are obvious a leftists tool that doesn't care what the facts really are.

Shame on you.

May 07, 2020 · Under the CARES Act, hospitals can add 20% to their fee for treating a COVID-19 patient on Medicare. According to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation

Hospitals will get every penny they can from sources with money. They do this on a routine basis, without batting an eye. If they didn't, they would venture towards the bankruptcy area as they are by law, required to treat people even when they can't pay.

I didn't know they get more for ventilators and covid patients. This is an incentive to list them as such, and test for Covid, that they wouldn't do for the regular flu season.

What I see is the president in two different rooms. One with his jacket on, one with it off. Same shirt and cuff links.

It is disingenuous to say the papers are blank, as there is no way to tell with the resolution of the images and angle.

You have proven to not care about finding the facts out.

As for the sharpie like pen? Have you ever seen how many times the president actually uses a fat pen in his signatures? Not uncommon at all.

It is also perfectly plausible that the date stamps are correct. A lot can happen in 10 minutes.

People like you, are simply unethical. You don't care about the facts, just being a bully and making others look bad for your own purposes or amusement.

The facts are often what we don't think of.

You are obvious a leftists tool that doesn't care what the facts really are.

Shame on you.
That's the extent of your thought process? OK, mute #2.

That's the extent of your thought process? OK, mute #2.
Your thought process appears to be blind hatred, and repeating angry bad gossip, like a 13 year old girl.

Please explain why it might not be a simple as doing the daily work he can at the hospital. Aids bringing him papers to sign, but he is followed by a reporter, and makes it a press opportunity. Walking from one place to another, he is stopped twice to sign papers, so he does.

Are you saying such a routine would be implausible?

Back
Top Bottom